• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quarantine Activities

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
You are in Belarus? How are things? On the news here I see tanks in the streets...does the military support Lukashenko? Also, why aren’t you “Bernie the Badass Belarusian?”

Things are very tense. No tanks yet but police APCs are in the streets full time. This mentally defective insect (Luka) enjoys by support of the policemen, mostly SWAT teams high on meth, but honestly even without meth their mental activity is rather on the level of the rainworms, both literally and traditionally. Military are still on balance, though generals are mostly on the same track that old Soviets average general could escape the hard decisions: totally drunken man had usually been forgiven even by Josef Stalin. Thus we have uprising folks, absolutely crazy cops, full prisons and drunk military. So cocktail is of about TNT status. I'm generally Ukranian but virus imprisoned me here in Belarus since the borders are still closed. Aside, having Belarussian passport too, I'd like to play my civilian role, whatever it can be. I voted for Mrs Tikhanovskaya who fled over border after her kids in Lithuania had been showed to her under survelliance of the KGB. And I know for sure insect got 20-25% at best, but officially he declared 80%.. Anyway, hard time for everyone. I'm not democrate at all but this is beyond any reasonable autocracy - this is madness in establishing of something like dictatorship. And honestly, I'd be glad with the coup - if and when military make a deal with people to do so. But mighty neighbour, Mr Putin, aleady promised the military assistance to insect... So we have really hard time.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Sharp looking early war Wildcat. Nicely done!

Tamiya kit? Maybe some aftermarket or handmade seatbelts in the cockpit? Any insights into your process?

Yep, Tamiya 1/48" kit. My process? Open box, build plane. ;) I did use the Eudard woven seatbelts that were very neat to work with. As usual, and just like years ago, I always find stuff I could have done better but the on-line resources are amazing these days both videos for techniques and reference pictures. I've enjoyed it and while I tend to spend more time and money flying full scale GA these days, it's a relatively cheap hobby that combines my love of history and aircraft i can do the rest of my life.

Max the Mad Russian

Well... 41-F-8... Four-shooter F4F-3 from Yorktown airgroup at Coral Sea, right? But this is dash 4, with 6 guns. There's something wrong, isn't it?

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Back to quarantine activity: my friend got the Metallica S&M2 Blueray disk today via Polish service, soooo it is my responsibility to take a liter of Tullamore Dew from old stock and try to get some joy by watching in a small band of brothers:)

Great choice! Tullamore Dew is definitely my go-to for inexpensive Irish whisky. If you can find it, Knappogue Castle is my favorite but gets a bit pricey.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Will try as I can. Thanks! Here's definite shortage of Irish. TD and Jameson available, Jameson Caskmates too though rare, but I'll try to find this one you noted, thanks again ;)

You're very welcome. For those interested, here's a link to their website: https://www.knappoguewhiskey.com/?age-verified=cd7c3bb06b

Also, if you want to go on an adventure, Connemara is a peated Irish whisky similar to Scotch. It's even harder to find than Knappogue Castle, but has an interesting flavor profile. https://www.connemarawhiskey.com/home

Max the Mad Russian

Well, Connemara is single mault. Such drinks for reasonably money here in CIS could be found in duty free shops only, but since airports are mostly closed for outbound foreign flights for this virus, one has to pay about $100 for a bottle if s/he is lucky enough to find it. I've tried Connemara once and made a decision it should be forbidden for women since my then-wife said this wiskey was matured not in a casks but, according to the smell, in a soldier's boots instead. That was one (not the main but nevertheless) of the reasons why we divorced eventually:)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Well, it's not on quarantine but at work, but today I learned what a "rainworm" is.

Max the Mad Russian

Well, it's not on quarantine but at work, but today I learned what a "rainworm" is.
Rainworm is the form of life that reports to the Mother Nature only. Belarussian SWAT fighter is the form of life that reports to one man only, in the form of insect in this case. Since the Mother Nature in much clever than one man, this human-like creature in black bulletproof vest is even simplier than the rainworm.

BTW, Metallica & San Francisco Symphony 2019 is fucking great, really great. Yesterday I saw it on wall-wide plasma with 24-pieces JBL home audio, friend of mine spent tons of money for his studio. Amazing, really. First time saw James with guitar geared with tremolo (on Confusion he played vintage Les Paul Standard with vintage tremolo) and Kirk with ordinary Strat in SSS configuration (on NEM). Sound was awesome, guys. There are just two rock bands, IMO, who can run such a big shows: Metallica and those old Brits, Iron Maiden. What our grand-kids will know about rock when those two dinosaurus went for retirement?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Decided to try something different. One of the botanicals is gunpowder green tea. I'd have bought it because of the jackalope on the label and Irish origin, but the oriental green tea was intriguing. I found the green tea barely noticeable. More up front was the oft despised medicinal flavor of many gins, especially the less expensive. This isn't sip'in gin. For my taste I rate this with a pedestrian Tanqueray. And it is much more expensive, so I'll stick with Tanqueray as a replacement. Still I had some fun. Mixed it with some of the last of my home made lemonchello (lost the tree :( ) and soda. Awesome refreshing and very potent summer drink. When the lemonchello was gone, I mixed this gin with La Croix Limonchello sparkling water and a lemon twist. In closing. Don't recommend this gin when others taste as good for less money. Highly recommend the concoctions I mixed up. Might have to get some store bought lemonchello to mix in and get me through the last of the 100+ degree days.

antonkr

In all of my wait in getting LASIK, I've been playing an unhealthy amount of DCS. Always been curious at how well they manage to actually get this kind of stuff right. Interestingly enough this sim was made by Russian devs, who despite having made a whole buncha western planes have yet to receive permission to make any Russian planes except for the Mig-21. I guess, we as a people are always a bit too secretive.

Max the Mad Russian

Huh, all Russians have is MiG-21 in fact. All the others are just a bunch of zeros and ones in program code:D

Here is the tape of MiG-29KUB landing on first cable (supported by "motherfuckin' shit" by trainee - replayed by "no shit, we've landed" by instructor). Note female voice in VIRS: too low, fix belts, too slow and so on.

Last edited:

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
View attachment 27261

Decided to try something different. One of the botanicals is gunpowder green tea. I'd have bought it because of the jackalope on the label and Irish origin, but the oriental green tea was intriguing. I found the green tea barely noticeable. More up front was the oft despised medicinal flavor of many gins, especially the less expensive. This isn't sip'in gin. For my taste I rate this with a pedestrian Tanqueray. And it is much more expensive, so I'll stick with Tanqueray as a replacement. Still I had some fun. Mixed it with some of the last of my home made lemonchello (lost the tree :( ) and soda. Awesome refreshing and very potent summer drink. When the lemonchello was gone, I mixed this gin with La Croix Limonchello sparkling water and a lemon twist. In closing. Don't recommend this gin when others taste as good for less money. Highly recommend the concoctions I mixed up. Might have to get some store bought lemonchello to mix in and get me through the last of the 100+ degree days.

I have grown to love gin. I need recs on the good stuff, but it's definitely my go to booze for patio-sittin' summer afternoons.