• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Putting down a wild pig/boar

larbear

FOSx1000
pilot
We have a 150-175 pound pig terrorizing our backyard. Poisoning and trapping are out of the question as we have a dog and there are deer (which aren't causing too much damage). The county will charge us an arm and a leg and take forever to remove.

I have a .22 rifle with hollow points and a .410 shotgun. Will either of these lay him down or do I need something bigger? If so, what's the smallest and cheapest I would need? Sorry, my hunting days are from long ago.

I can only get within about 50yds or so. I sprayed him once with the .410 and he squealed and ran. Probably like 5 bee stings to him. The shot was bird shot (all I had at the time).

Thanks for any help. Free pork to anyone who helps!

A .22 will do it, but don't use .22 hollow points... I've tried this on pigs and they just bounce off the head. Other methods include a hammer, a skid loader, or a bale mover. Take your pick.