• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Putting down a wild pig/boar

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Going Hog hunting next week in central Florida with my Marine sons. It's our first time out but we have a great "guide" in my cousin who's a local hunting/fishing machine.

The Rocketman party should cause quite a stir in the woods with the Elmer Fud types. We will all be wearing MARPAT, carrying 6.8 SPC caliber AR15's with either Eotec or Aimpoints mounted. Just because we can. It's gonna be a hoot!

We will be shooting that bad ass Barnes TSX bullet that Pugs mentioned, except in 110 grain weight.

Check this little pig out. Taken by a 6.8 AR15 at night in Texas. Interesting story as well.
http://www.68forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3833

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
dammit A4s...I'm disappointed in you.....
Rambo is only sportin a .30 cal in that clip. WTF?
Yeah but, yeah but, yeah but ... he's got a WHOLE bunch of 'em ... :D

AND ... it's .30-06, Bruddah ... :D ... a.k.a. the greatest overall rifle caliber of the past 100 years ...

Won two World Wars, if memory serves ... :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
FOR THE RECORD:

When dealin' w/ 2-legged "pigs" (senior ones) in the airline ... the way we used to "put down pigs" was ....

We'd grease their hips (so they could get through the cockpit door, you fools) and put a Hostess twinkie on the center-ped:

TWINKIES-c2.jpg

Worked every time. :D

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
If you don't have one of these, I think a shotgun with 00 Buck would do nicely. 000 even better.

electric_machine_gun.jpg

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Yeah but, yeah but, yeah but ... he's got a WHOLE bunch of 'em ... :D

AND ... it's .30-06, Bruddah ... :D ... a.k.a. the greatest overall rifle caliber of the past 100 years ...

Won two World Wars, if memory serves ... :D

Hate to call you out....but guys...that's Ma Deuce....definitely not a .30-06...:)

m2-mg-large.jpg

Prod

On a serious suggestion, pick up a Mosin-Nagant for somewhere between $60-$100. 7.62x54R will do the trick.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Hate to call you out....but guys...that's Ma Deuce....definitely not a .30-06...:)

Yeah ... and if I was a shifty politician, I'd just say I was responding to Mumbles ".30 cal" comment ... :) ... as when I hear that, I think .30 Carbine or .30-.30 Winchester ... but since I'm NOT one -- you are right and I didn't examine the photo of our Vietnam draft-dodging Sly closely enough ... I just stuck it up there and fired for effect. :)

Two handled back plate, big right-rear charging handle, the rear sight, the relative size of the receiver -- and of course, the humongous Hollywood muzzle flash -- all point to M2 Browning instead of something like an M1919 in .30-06.

image004.jpg

So tell me all you machine gun smart guys ... what's all the crap on the barrel of this M2?? A blank firing adapter for Ma' Deuce ??? :)

machine-gun-mounted.jpg

lmnop

So tell me all you machine gun smart guys ... what's all the crap on the barrel of this M2?? A blank firing adapter for Ma' Deuce ???

Funny, we were just talking about a similar picture from this month's All Hands this morning in the shop. You are correct sir, it's an M19/M20 BFA...can't tell which from the pic.