• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Private Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
skidkid, NOSWO and low flier you should be able to access it now, Dusty did you do the request??

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I know I'm already in it. I'm just offering my vast repository of G-2 to the masses.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
lol

I'm always hesitant about someone who 'says' they want helos but has an F-18 avatar.......hmmmmmm

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Its getting that way. People who only wanted helos and put it for all 3 of their choices got P-3's. Heck, they are talking about making 30 Navy helo guys a year do a tour with the Marines cause we have too many helo guys. And the P-3 flight hours are still way down. Its just not my kind of flying either.

thumper

I would love the chance to work with the Marine Corp.

If P-3 flight hours are way down and the community is supposedly contracting, why the hell is there a draft?

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Still gotta have JO's. Plus in 15 years when the 737 finally comes online they gotta have people to fly it. ;)

As far as the Marine thing, no one knows how its gonna affect advancement and all that. Plus Id think you would pretty much be an outcast to the Marines. No TBS or anything, by yourself flying their platform.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you are a good pilot, a good guy and can contribute something Im sure you will be fine

dustydog

pilot
From my perspective, going USMC route has the good and bad sides. The good, getting the MOTS training, the bad, being outside of your future airframe. The Navy is going 60's and going to the USMC will only take you out of the running for a DH tour as it stands now. The MC training will be invaluable as far as CAS, and that is something that the Navy doesn't teach very well.

Dusty

Status
Not open for further replies.