• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Private Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Seems that there are no new helo guys joining the private forum... anyone else interested? Or was interest lost....
Please no one in HS, College, API etc

dustydog

pilot
I was an HS guy, East coast. If any body has any questions about the community, let me know. Currently a 34 IP at Whiting.

Chubby

I have a question, sorry if it is a little off the "Private Forum" topic but, how do you feel about the HS community. What are the benefits vs. the disadvantages to HS compared to HSL? What do you like, what do you dislike, if you could do it again would you, etc.? Got a HSL buddy, so I'm getting his side of the story and I'm just trying to get a good grasp of what each community is like before selection. Thanks.

dustydog

pilot
Chubby,

I'm a little biased about communities because I'm from the HS side of the house. I really enjoyed my time in the squadron but I was in a really good squadron. The front office was outstanding the time that I was there. The CO, XO and CMC were true leaders. That being said, the HS community is completly different than anything in the Navy helo side because we deploy as a squadron, with an airwing. There is zero Det mentality. The whole squadron is out together and works together. We go on all the airwing work-ups and thusly develope a stronger relationship with the fixed wing side. The bad side is that we are deployed alot. For example, out of my 36 months I was gone for almost 24 months of that tour. We do lots of overland training, meaning night CSAR on googles. The flying is outstanding but the lifestyle can get old, hence the reason I'm at the Vt's. I have no regrets about my choice and highly recommend it to any Navy helo bubbas. It's a hard life but highly rewarding. If you are thinking career, it is definately the way to go. HS guys are carrier skippers but we will never be CAG's. PM me if you have anymore questions.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm happy to pass on any gouge. I'd like to have an active forum like the jet pogues do.

Reactions: bch

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
phrog you are already in it, at least that is what the forum tool is saying... working on the rest.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Ok, for those of you interested: go to your User CP and click on Group Memberships. Then the Mods will ya or na it.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can I join seems like Skids arent getting a very good rep at Whiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.