• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary on Monday

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
Congrats! You're going to love the Goshawk...as soon as you forget how Gucci the T-6 cockpit was. To that end go kill some brain cells at FloraBama!!

KBayDog

Oh, BTW: Congrats, Erin! Thanks for keeping us in the loop during your Primary experience. While "the more things change...", the fact remains that Primary at NSE in 2013 is a much different beast with the T-6 than it was just a few years ago with the TorMentor. Hopefully others can/have learned from your experiences.

Have fun in Kingsville. Better you than me. :D

Fly safe, and don't suck.

Erin M.

pilot
Thanks to all for the congrats and well - wishes.

Maybe I'll see some of you around sometime soon or in the Fleet. That is, if the Fleet ever comes.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Thanks to all for the congrats and well - wishes.

Maybe I'll see some of you around sometime soon or in the Fleet. That is, if the Fleet ever comes.

Once you get there, all you're ever going to want to do is come back to TRACOM.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
He got jets. There are greater things in the fleet than TACFORM and 50 bounces a day.

To each his own, I guess.

Agreed, and it's not all about the flying (which is pretty cool comparatively)...things are just pretty laid back compared to life outside.

mtaylor

Meatgazer
After I selected (Helos), then selected again (Phrogs), I went to the Cigar Brewery down by Seville. I've heard it has since closed (too bad). If I was doing it now... I'd be puking in front of Hopjacks by the end of the night.

The best part of the night I selected Helos? It turned out that my former Commandant from my USNA days was there visiting his son (also in flight school), and he paid for our drinks. Not just me and his sons. The bar. The whole, fucking bar.

Yeah, he never woulda made O-6 in this day and age...

My dad is in Sarasota right now and just sent me a picture yesterday of a Cigar City beer he was having. So they must still be open/brewing. Hooray beer!

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
He got jets. There are greater things in the fleet than TACFORM and 50 bounces a day.
To each his own, I guess.

Maybe so, but harrier guys who come back here are quit happy when it takes them one day to fly 6hrs instead of a whole month.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
For me and I think a lot of guys, it wasn't all about the flying, although that was a fun part of it. Instructing students and teaching them how to fly was really satisfying at the end if the day. It was also nice to call from home and weather cancel when you knew it was dog shit outside and not worry about repercussions. In fact the guys that were shunned were the ones who went flying in shitty weather because they were teaching their students unsafe habits and weren't getting effective training done. As much of a pain in the ass as onwings were, it was great to see the smile on their faces when they get back from that initial solo and drink a beer with them after a cross country.
It was also nice that on most days, you could go directly from the line shack to your car without having to worry about a soul crushing ground job or 15 hit lists that needed your attention.
If I could go back, I would do it in a second.