• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary Location Info again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Actually, they were talking about Corpus International vs Pensacola Regional, just recently. When it comes to those two, operations/day is what counts.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
EODDave said:
I dont think that the question is the number of flights per day. The two locations have roughly the same amount. All the corpus guys are saying is that due to the lack of outlying fields, crp is a little more hecktic. Due to the high volume and lack of any place to go, all crp flights are controlled. CRP guys have 8, if I recall, working areas and only one outlying field with which to do bounces. Whiting has a large number of flights per day as well. However, Whiting unlike Corpus has numerous outlying fields and working areas for those flight to go to.

And I agreed with that. The multitude of OLF's that are open to Whiting decreases the congestion a good deal. Of course, we still all came back in the same 15-20 minute window.

However, the argument was that P'cola's airspace had more traffic, which is correct.

Jaxs170, you're correct. 787,000 in 2002

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Punk,
The other thing with Corpus is that since there is only 1 outlying field there were a ton of guys bouncing in the pattern at CRP including the custom's P-3's. Throw the C-12 and T-44's in there with different approach speeds on all of the different a/c is what made corpus a little challenging. I actually had a single pass last almost 15min between touchdowns.

Oh yeah, The C model will kick the lil' ol A models butt. :icon_tong Meridian RULES!!

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
EODDave said:
Punk,
The other thing with Corpus is that since there is only 1 outlying field there were a ton of guys bouncing in the pattern at CRP including the custom's P-3's. Throw the C-12 and T-44's in there with different approach speeds on all of the different a/c is what made corpus a little challenging. I actually had a single pass last almost 15min between touchdowns.

Oh yeah, The C model will kick the lil' ol A models butt. :icon_tong Meridian RULES!!

Crikey, 15 min. Don't misunderstand, I'm not knocking you Corpus folk, just jesting. :D

Oh, you think you're so cool with your MFD's and velocity vector, eh? We don't need no stinkin velocity vector. We got plenty of steam in K-rock to power our gauges, thank you very much. :p

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Fly Navy said:
Actually, they were talking about Corpus International vs Pensacola Regional, just recently. When it comes to those two, operations/day is what counts.

You need to re-read the posts. and no, ops per day is not what counts, whats makes airspace more hectic is Density not volume. You can put a 100 aircraft in CA and then put the same 100 in RI, and hands down RI is going to be more hectic.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
bch said:
You need to re-read the posts. and no, ops per day is not what counts, whats makes airspace more hectic is Density not volume.

Can't compute density without considering the "mass". You got your volume of airspace, you got no "mass" to consider. And I was merely pointing out that the daily ops for the International/Regional airport are nearly the same. Nowhere did I say anything about which airspace was busier.

You can put a 100 aircraft in CA and then put the same 100 in RI, and hands down RI is going to be more hectic.

Then give us some numbers on the airspace size. I haven't seen anyone, including you, state that yet.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
bch said:
You need to re-read the posts. and no, ops per day is not what counts, whats makes airspace more hectic is Density not volume. You can put a 100 aircraft in CA and then put the same 100 in RI, and hands down RI is going to be more hectic.

That's an extreme comparison. But 100 aircraft coming into your airspace is still 100 aircraft.

The other thing you have to consider around P'cola is the very well thought out and executed course rules. You got aircraft coming back from 3 areas (1, 2F, 2T, no one rarely in Area 3 anyways), in a 15 minute window, all automatically deconflicted. All you have to do is check in with approach and that's it. They know where you are, and most of the time you know where you are. ;) That's a HUGE hassle they really don't have to worry. Yes, they're still watching you, but they're biggest concern is a GA aircraft flying through the course rules.

I think the biggest pain for CRP/NGP is the multitude of aircraft type, all obviously with varying performance.

Ops/day doesn't count? I'm sure LAX, ATL, ORD (Chicago O'Hare) would argue with that

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
I will give you that punk. However with ops per day I still am a firm believer that the smaller the playground the more hectic just a few kids can make it.

Fly Navy, this is not a physics class. Density is simply how dense a certain volume is (for this certain situation, if you want to figure the mass of T-34C's, TC-12. T-44 .... go right ahead)... You might want to try flying in both areas frist.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
bch said:
Fly Navy, this is not a physics class. Density is simply how dense a certain volume is (for this certain situation, if you want to figure the mass of T-34C's, TC-12. T-44 .... go right ahead)...

Ok buddy, let me clarify, because you certainly misinterpreted. When I said mass, I didn't mean how many kilograms a T-34C is. I meant how many aircraft there are in that volume of airspace. Note the quotation marks around the word mass. That is airspace density in our world. You could use the misleading term "volume of air traffic", but it's the same thing. The amount of aircraft per amount of airspace. Hope that clarifies.

You might want to try flying in both areas frist.

You might want to try reading first ;) I never said one was busier than the other. I don't know how busy Corpus is, I don't have numbers or experience there.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is, BY FAR, the stupidest pissing contest I've ever read online.

"My airspace is more crowded than yours"
"Nuh uh"
"uh huh"

"I have to talk on the radio more"
"no you don't"
"yes I do"

...ad nauseum

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
squeeze said:
This is, BY FAR, the stupidest pissing contest I've ever read online.

"My airspace is more crowded than yours"
"Nuh uh"
"uh huh"

"I have to talk on the radio more"
"no you don't"
"yes I do"

...ad nauseum

You're a poopyhead.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
bch said:
Pensacola would be much nicer for family, crime is lower, people are nicer and there are no bandito's (motorcycle gang in corpus.) Beaches are actually nice water, instead of brown.

hey i was a frito bandito! does that count? ..seriously the only (in any closeness to biker gangs) i saw were the white folk that ran around in their rockers that wouldnt go to a hispanic bar if i paid them. as far as any bandito hispanic bikers, come on, you know we can barely afford our trailer homes let alone motorcycles!

Status
Not open for further replies.