• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Power, wave off, abort, $#%$, Eject!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, it sucks out there, especially on low light. My point was that there are times where a waveoff will blow the element of surprise or leave one team (who was able to get in) without supporting elements.
Yeah ... but we're talkin' the BOAT here .... not the Syrian border, etc., etc. .... it ain't HOT & DUSTY at USS BOAT ... just hot .... :)

Stay somewhat focused, guys .... "Power, Wave-off, Abort, $#%$, EJECT !!!!!" .... that's what the thread is about .... no desert here. Or start another thread and let her rip ....

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Yeah ... but we're talkin' the BOAT here .... not the Syrian border, etc., etc. .... it ain't HOT & DUSTY at USS BOAT ... just hot .... :)

Stay somewhat focused, guys .... "Power, Wave-off, Abort, $#%$, EJECT !!!!!" .... that's what the thread is about .... no desert here. Or start another thread and let her rip ....

Not totally accurate. We once had case III approaches to low visibility landings on Midway even though it was a VMC day because of the ship driving through a massive offshore sand storm about 30-40 miles off of Oman.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Not totally accurate. We once had case III approaches to low visibility landings on Midway even though it was a VMC day because of the ship driving through a massive offshore sand storm about 30-40 miles off of Oman.

You got me there .... serves me right for being a China Fleet (WestPac) sailor .... :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Guess all us helo bubbas just need to go to our place...
Did I say that .... ???? Sometimes .... helos were our best friends.

dsc019361ak3.jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

We did that everyday in 84 while in same location off Oman. VMC on top everyday, but severe haze due to stagnant particulates in air below 20K for 102 days straight...no port calls, no Case I; just 2 steel beach/beer days.