• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-3 Rag

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
What in the hell are YOU talking about???

Are you on something ....??? Your post makes no sense; in toto.

To wit: I dry humped a seal in SERE ... don't know whether or not it was in the Navy .... but I did it just because I was tired .... and hungry .... and thirsty .... and horny .... and because I could .... and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

So what's YOUR problem ... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ?????
Rugbychi did say he was a submariner.

Pitchlock

pilot
Sleep with your boots. Nothing worse than waking up cold, hungry, tired and then having the frozen steel toes suck any remaining desire for life left in you....It was a rookie mistake, but then I was a rookie.

I went after the RAG. It was nice because I knew a lot of the guys from my RAG class.

As a p-3 guy I was wearing black shoes during the classroom sessions.(only because I was well stocked on black shoes from usna and was too cheap to buy new brown ones) I had a jet jock come by and tell me I could wear brown shoes if I wanted to. He acted like it was a big favor. He didn't understand my lack of thanks...Oh, and he also recommended we all use call signs(he was SRO). So all of the p-3 guys spent five minutes making up call signs. I think they lasted about 5 minutes more....

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Sleep with your boots. Nothing worse than waking up cold, hungry, tired and then having the frozen steel toes suck any remaining desire for life left in you....It was a rookie mistake, but then I was a rookie.

This can be avoided if you dont wear steel toed boots. A bunch of us had the lightweight Marine tan boots. They felt like sneakers compared to the flight boots. Definately money well spent.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This can be avoided if you dont wear steel toed boots. A bunch of us had the lightweight Marine tan boots. They felt like sneakers compared to the flight boots. Definately money well spent.

Agreed. I wore a set of leather combat boots, which were much nicer than my flight boots. That said, it's actually better to take them off at night so that your feet don't sweat and get cold. I thought this was crap the first night, and left them on. The second night I took them off. It was "better," but there was plenty of other issues that still made it suck.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I'm the only guy I know that has seen both Warner Springs and Rangley. I got to do both within a month of each other. I'm still traumatized I think. BTW, don't ever ever let your command send you to Yama Sakura in Japan....this exercise is the biggest waste of time and $ to the U.S. Navy that I've ever seen. Osaka is a pretty cool town, though.

MasterBates

Why did you do both?

I have a medical history of lower back and neck injuries.. Both cleared by NOMI.

Flight doc up at NAS Brunswick (old bitter ex-A6 driver) had major issues with it, and pulled me out of the field as we were getting rounded up in Maine.

Without getting into verboten discussion, I prefer the Maine Field a little bit, and the RTL by a long shot.