• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-3 Rag

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Stories about the training and what they do to you as part of the training are not.

Well, that goes into how it was discovered, the immediate fallout and the series events that led to him being made to wear a tshirt with the neck tied off and his legs through the arm holes like a diaper for the remainder of the time and questions about why he thought he was "Ron Jeremy" from the bad guys.

BlkPny

pilot
When our class of 5 replacement pilots went through Warner Springs back in the early 70's, some IP's from our RAG at North Island printed up a bunch of flyers like wanted posters with our names and a list of our "war crimes" against the peace-loving women and children of VN. They flew over the area, and dropped these things everywhere. OOOOOhhhh yeah, we heard all about them in the camp. The instructors thought it was so funny, they gave each one of us one of the flyers. I framed it and I have it to this day.

I hate those IPs.

rugbychi

P3 junkie
Sere

My first tour 100% of the west coast VP had to go through SERE but east coast VP had the certain percentage thing. When I did my DH tour, it was 100% VP wide. What is going on today, I haven't a clue.

I did get a chuckle at 2 of my fellow DHs that had an east coast DH tour and never went to SERE in their first tours. All through the RAG we fed them horror stories about SROs. After the RAG, I went to check into the squadron and they went to SERE as LCDRs. When they checked in a month latter, they did not have any fun stories either.....

Never go to SERE as a LCDR.

If you are calling anyone a pussy and telling them they should be thankful that they are not really captured I have a couple of points of contention.

1. I don't think anyone on this site or an American period would argue such an obvious point, that it is better to simulate the experience than make that nightmare a living reality. That is why people at 'higher risk' of capture go through SERE, to learn the lessons of those that were actually POWs to apply if we they are captured.

2. You probably didn't go to SERE with an opinion like that, and if you did you missed the lesson. What do you want people that went to SERE to do, hold a vigil every day and stay home from their 'high risk' jobs because of the chance of being captured. Sorry, but as you can see from those that went through SERE a sense of humor is MANDATORY and is really the only way quantify and deal with such an intense and frighteningly real simulation. I tell people that are going to go to SERE, that they do not have to worry about buying into any artificialities because they will be forced to buy in, it is just that real. I had one of those serious types living across from me who just got up, said I quit, and that was it, he did not come back. Now he has one more chance in Maine to complete the course or his career is stopped. So please don't try to make anyone feel like crap because you have a problem with some in my opinion light locker room talk about a shared experience we all went through.

Oh, and I can testify to the 110 daytime temp with the mid 30s at night in Warner Springs. Lets just say that being dryhumped by a shivering Navy Seal is not all that it is cracked up to be.

And to answer the question 100% of VP and VQ go through SERE before arriving at their first command, I am pretty sure you cannot transfer without completing it.

Also, one more point. I was one of the unfortunate ones who was gouged up prior to going to SERE by some friends. So I kind of had an idea of what was going to happen, which was the worst thing that could have happened. Because, even with that knowledge my mind built expectations that were continually exceeded by the realness of the lab. My advice, just go, don't ask friends and don't let people tell you too much. I promise it will not help. Advice about what can make you life easier, like wearing under armour boxer briefs vs anything cotton, and taking GOOD socks are essential. Any more questions about good gear to take let me know...take care

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
If you are calling anyone a pussy and telling them they should be thankful that they are not really captured I have a couple of points of contention....blah, blah, blah.....high horse...soap box...blah, blah, blah.....
I don't know who shit in your Wheaties and crammed them down your throat but you need to use a tampon and chill the f' out.

First, unlike you who are a RAG student, I have about 3500 hours in the P-3 including combat missions in the Persian Gulf, Bosnia, Somalia and even made the Stars & Stripes for getting shot at over Zaire (Congo) around Thanksgiving 1995. I have been there and done that where my SERE training just might have come in handy.

I never said SERE training was not valuable or worthless. I never called you a pussy. In fact, I said "I might be what you consider a pussy".

Yes I have funny stories from SERE. However, the funny stories were not from the weather. That is what I said. The weather extremes just made it more miserable. Did it enhance the training? Probably. Was it fun? No. Did having a sense of humor help? Yes. Are you a dick head? Yes.

So I'll tell you what you pompous inexperienced know-it-all prick, get a deployment under your belt, make PPC & MC, fly a few missions over Iraq or Afghanistan and maybe you can post with a little authority.

I bet you were your boat's bitch, weren't you?

And I still haven't call you a pussy.

But you are a
horsesasswg3.png

robav8r

None
Contributor
Listen Up !

If you are calling anyone a pussy and telling them they should be thankful that they are not really captured I have a couple of points of contention.
Never, ever, EVER drink and post. It's just not prudent. Unless you are a "Fvckin' Old Guy" like myself and have the wisdom to at least conduct a little intel on the folks your gonna slam in a public forum. You know John Wayne said: "Life is hard, it's harder when your stupid."
:icon_carn

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you are calling anyone a pussy and telling them they should be thankful that they are not really captured I have a couple of points of contention..........

........Oh, and I can testify to the 110 daytime temp with the mid 30s at night in Warner Springs. Lets just say that being dryhumped by a shivering Navy Seal is not all that it is cracked up to be.

Well, I did SERE in the worst ice storm in Maine's history, so quit your bitchin' about dry humping a SEAL in Cali and grow a pair........and just to make sure you knew this, you are a pussy......:D

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Never, ever, EVER drink and post. It's just not prudent. Unless you are a "Fvckin' Old Guy" like myself and have the wisdom to at least conduct a little intel on the folks your gonna slam in a public forum. You know John Wayne said: "Life is hard, it's harder when your stupid."
:icon_carn

I am doing that right now, what is wrong with that......occifer?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, I did SERE in the worst ice storm in Maine's history, so quit your bitchin' about dry humping a SEAL in Cali and grow a pair........and just to make sure you knew this, you are a pussy......:D

The one where the National Guard was called in for a state of emergency? I remember that in high school.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The one where the National Guard was called in for a state of emergency? I remember that in high school.

Couldn't tell you, we didn't get the paper in the woods........one of my most vivid memories of that two weeks was walking out to my car and finding an inch of solid ice on it the morning we were leaving for the woods. I left the car runnigng for 30 minutes before I could chip the ice off the windsheild. Half of Maine lost power. The hotel I was staying in had one of the few bars open during the storm and the day the storm started we found out we were being delayed a day to leave for the field excercise. We started drinking at noon and the bar ran out of liquor at 8pm, the entire SERE class was there and we drank them dry. Pretty impressive.......of course we paid for it later, sleeping in 3 feet of snow with inches of ice on top is no fun.........

It was January of '98 by the way......http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Ice_Storm

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yup, my junior year of high school. I remember it vividly. It affected us down in MA, badly (not as bad as Maine).

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
......being dryhumped by a shivering Navy Seal is not all that it is cracked up to be. ....

What in the hell are YOU talking about???

Are you on something ....??? Your post makes no sense; in toto.

To wit: I dry humped a seal in SERE ... don't know whether or not it was in the Navy .... but I did it just because I was tired .... and hungry .... and thirsty .... and horny .... and because I could .... and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

So what's YOUR problem ... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ?????