• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Outback Steakhouse on Veterans Day

Angels

Contributor
It's not free food and restaurant chains. It's a ridiculous entitlement syndrome that so many people have. The company has no reason to do ANYTHING. The fact that people can look at a kind gesture (free stuff for serving), and piss on it (not good enough), is absolutely ridiculous and reeks of being spoiled.
I didn't make it clear in that post that I do totally agree that the people who were dissing the free Applebees simply because they didn't like the food were being ungrateful. I however see nothing wrong with my first post expressing wishful thinking that Outback would also offer the same great deal.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Does that beverage include alcohol?

'Cuz if it does, I think Outback is probably fronting more cash for this one than Applebee's.

Angels

Contributor
Does that beverage include alcohol?

'Cuz if it does, I think Outback is probably fronting more cash for this one than Applebee's.
I was wondering the same thing. But the asterisk next to beverage is just for "participating locations". :confused:

red_ryder

None
The catch here, is that the non-participating location is their bar. ;)

That said, I do love me some bloomin' onions. I, for one, am In.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
bloomin-onion.jpg

Don't forget, the PRT is right around the corner...

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
I like Outback but I think they are being a little cheap on this one. A free app and drink when Applebees is giving an entree for free.

Angels,

Last year the Crapplebees in CCTX only participated after some pretty intense public pressure i.e. the manager got tired of answering why the CCTX Applebees was choosing not to participate. When they did it was a scaled down version of the mini-menu Corporate Applebees advertised. Basically burgers and shitty entrees. Not one healthy choice. I won't go back this year.

I would rather have a home cooked meal with my wife and son and the beer accompanied by a handshake from my neighbor vice the "feel good" meal from some crappy chain restaurant trying to jump on the PC band wagon.

That is all...

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I was wondering the same thing. But the asterisk next to beverage is just for "participating locations". :confused:

FWIW, a free beverage (alcoholic or not) is a larger portion of profit down the tubes.

Lowe's and HD are also 10% off military at "participating locations." So, seek them out if you're really interested.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Lowe's and HD are also 10% off military at "participating locations." So, seek them out if you're really interested.

Lowes in CCTX has 10% off year round. Just flash your ID.

A quote from the Home Depot manager last year when I asked if they were going to continue the 10% off after Veteran's day like Lowes does..."No, we are done with the military." <-- No shit...exact quote. I drive past HD to Lowes every time now and I thank them every time for the 10%. Please do the same.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I even got 15 % off from Burger King. So far, Corpus seems pretty military friendly. In PCola I didn't feel that was so much the case... maybe I just went to the wrong places in Pcola.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
So far, Corpus seems pretty military friendly..

At the movies (Century 16 near Airline/SPID) there is a military discount. It only applies to the military member. Not the spouse or dependents even when the member is with them. Ask them (like I did) why they only choose to honor the member's sacrifice? Why don't the dependents of forward deployed members get to use the discount?

"So next month when I am in Iraq my wife can't use this discount...does that seem right?"

You'll get the trout face...you know the one...the 1000 yard stare with mouth partially open while they search their gray matter for an answer.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I made the lady at Golden Corral feel bad because I said they have that whole wall honoring vets and they don't even have a military discount. I got the same face as if she just had a lobotomy. I know I'm not "entitled" to a discount, but then don't play on what we do and those that have sacrificed, just to give themselves warm fuzzies. I also think a spouse should get the same benefits when it comes to this type of stuff. That being said, when we went to the theater in San Antonio last weekend she got a discount showing hers..maybe because the little 15 year old behind the booth didn't know any better.

Angels

Contributor
Angels,

Last year the Crapplebees in CCTX only participated after some pretty intense public pressure i.e. the manager got tired of answering why the CCTX Applebees was choosing not to participate. When they did it was a scaled down version of the mini-menu Corporate Applebees advertised. Basically burgers and shitty entrees. Not one healthy choice. I won't go back this year.

I would rather have a home cooked meal with my wife and son and the beer accompanied by a handshake from my neighbor vice the "feel good" meal from some crappy chain restaurant trying to jump on the PC band wagon.

That is all...
Good to know! I also had the same gripe with Century 16. I already prefered Lowes to HD for other reasons but now that just reinforced it.

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
I'm happy to accept and am grateful for any dicount offered, but I would gladly pay double before I would ask one of the people we serve to give up a dime of their treasure for me. Anyone who does (especially a well-paid officer) should be ashamed.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I'm happy to accept and am grateful for any dicount offered, but I would gladly pay double before I would ask one of the people we serve to give up a dime of their treasure for me. Anyone who does (especially a well-paid officer) should be ashamed.

Agreed.

And I find I spend more at places that do give a discount (funny how that works. . .). For instance, I find I eat at Moe's a lot now since they give a 15% discount all the time, and free kids meals on Tuesday.

And for anyone in Jax: basically every attraction in St. Augustine has either free or reduced price admission for active duty and dependents. None of them advertise it, but if they see your ID when you go to pay, or you remember to ask, they give it to you. It's even better than discount tickets at MWR, most places.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor

Lowes in CCTX has 10% off year round. Just flash your ID.

A quote from the Home Depot manager last year when I asked if they were going to continue the 10% off after Veteran's day like Lowes does..."No, we are done with the military." <-- No shit...exact quote. I drive past HD to Lowes every time now and I thank them every time for the 10%. Please do the same.
I regularly go to Lowes and Home Depot in 3 states (NV, HI & CA). They all have the 10% military discount all the time. But neither advertises it - you have to know about it and ask for it. I've never had a problem once I asked. Works for active & retired.