• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders Requested - STA-21

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
I got muh orders today! TAD at NSI with follow on duty at ROTC Auburn University! I thought I would never say this, but.....w00t!!!

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
Tell me more about the MMR shots?

Well. I was finishing my registering (all but pick which specific classes) and the medical check in at the local university, said that "you need at least 2 documented MMR shots". I only had one documented in my medical record, which was for when I first joined. So, off to branch medical I went this afternoon. I ended up with another MMR shot, a ppd, and a flu shot too! Damn immunizations... they always get ya.. sooner or later... It wouldn't hurt, if ya got some time, to call your prospective school and ask them what types and how many vaccines you need to have documented. That way you can be sure to have all your ducks in a row and nothing holding ya back when ya get there. It takes a while to get into a civilian doc for routine stuff like this.

EM1

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
I recieved the actual copy of my orders Monday... Re-enlistment paperwork is in route(Reenlisting on top of the Wright Bros Monument, how cool is that!?!? WHat's better/funnier, my ex-fiance' is talking to me again from the comforts of an unhappy marriage and child in tow and admitted to screwing up with me....... Karma.... Boy, Is there ever a better time to be me right now!?
Oh, and I am on the home stretch for my instrument rating! Just a few more flights! (long cross countries! Why? Its for college credit, and I'm utilizing the GI while I still can since I was in it before selection, that's why!!!!)
I check out of the command and take leave on the 25th!

<-------------------One happy camper!!!!!

erelislt

The guys who are just going to NSI have TAD orders there with follow on orders to their respective ROTC units. Those of us going to BOOST are classified as PCS and therefore our orders have Newport OTC listed as our ultimate duty station. We'll probably get our orders to our ROTC units at the end of NSI...

My orders show NSI and NROTC. No BOOST for me. So I don't expect to be getting another set of orders just to NROTC.

erelislt

I recieved the actual copy of my orders Monday... Re-enlistment paperwork is in route(Reenlisting on top of the Wright Bros Monument, how cool is that!?!? WHat's better/funnier, my ex-fiance' is talking to me again from the comforts of an unhappy marriage and child in tow and admitted to screwing up with me....... Karma.... Boy, Is there ever a better time to be me right now!?
Oh, and I am on the home stretch for my instrument rating! Just a few more flights! (long cross countries! Why? Its for college credit, and I'm utilizing the GI while I still can since I was in it before selection, that's why!!!!)
I check out of the command and take leave on the 25th!

<-------------------One happy camper!!!!!

Regarding Re-enlistment ... orders state that new obligation must be until Feb 2014 (at least my orders state that). If I re-enlist for 6 years, it would be until JAN 2014, not FEB 2014. Do I wait until FEB or what? Anyone has recommendation?

ELT(SS)

So now that more of us are getting orders, does anybody know what we are supposed to bring to NSI? Depending on where you look we are either supposed to arrive in Appropriate civilian attire, dress blues or uniform of the day. We are also supposed to bring either broken in running shoes, or brand new running shoes. Pretty much it seems like the only thing I know to bring is a heavy robe and my military id along with either 3 or 4 copies of orders. This is exciting as hell, but slightly more confusing than trying to figure out why when in a foreign country alcohol tolerance increases by a factor of at least 5.:confused::confused:

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
I wouldn't suggest reenlisting. I know the reasons for both are different for the different communities, but extending allows to still reenlist for that same time period if something horrible happens. Also, because of the crunched time line I found it most helpful to get my RDMC (Reactor Department Master Chief) involved. Processes that they say take three to four weeks actually got done in under an hour. He went straight to personnel master chief, who then promptly interrupted a conversation about the NC game between to PS's and they hooked me up. I am still wondering what is to be made about the earlier report date for BOOSTERS??? Please someone chime in on this. As far as NSI uniforms, I have been told it will be just like Bootcamp, you wear nothing, but PT gear until your Kakhis come in.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
I have also been wondering what some of you that were having concerns over you house in VA are doing. My wife are going to try and unload our house or rent it. I am just trying to see what others are doing in the less than perfect market

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
Should you choose to reenlist for 6 years vice extend, you can reenlist for 6 years this month and then sign an extension that takes you into February 2014.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Don't forget it looks like you can do a Page 13 in lieu of extending or reenlisting. Although I have no idea how much of a pain in the ass that would be. Plus I'm not planning on getting dropped so I'm less worried about covering my ass to be eligible for another SRB eventually or esrb or whatever they third one is. I'm extending purely on the basis of simplicity and lack of time/hassle to get it done.

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
Here's another question to throw on the pile, it may even fall under the dumb newbie category. My orders say to detach in Jan 08, am I required to check out in Jan. or can I do it in early Feb.? I'm still on leave and my LPO is asking for my check out date. I don't have a lot of leave left on the books and I don't really want to go in the hole (even though I'll get it back while in school). If I have to check out in Jan. then I will but if I can wait a few more days, that would be ideal.

erelislt

Here's another question to throw on the pile, it may even fall under the dumb newbie category. My orders say to detach in Jan 08, am I required to check out in Jan. or can I do it in early Feb.? I'm still on leave and my LPO is asking for my check out date. I don't have a lot of leave left on the books and I don't really want to go in the hole (even though I'll get it back while in school). If I have to check out in Jan. then I will but if I can wait a few more days, that would be ideal.

I am detaching on the Feb 1st as well. I have 15 leave days. As far as I know you should not worry if you detach Jan or Feb, as long as you are there (RI) on time.

erelislt

So now that more of us are getting orders, does anybody know what we are supposed to bring to NSI? Depending on where you look we are either supposed to arrive in Appropriate civilian attire, dress blues or uniform of the day. We are also supposed to bring either broken in running shoes, or brand new running shoes. Pretty much it seems like the only thing I know to bring is a heavy robe and my military id along with either 3 or 4 copies of orders. This is exciting as hell, but slightly more confusing than trying to figure out why when in a foreign country alcohol tolerance increases by a factor of at least 5.:confused::confused:

Do not forget about the seabag items. There is a whole list of seabag items you must bring along.

F14Flier7

When should I start to go into Panic mode if I have herd NOTHING about receiving my orders (requested on 12/20/07) and have not received them yet?:confused: