• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders Requested - STA-21

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
The Chief in charge of writing the orders said it could take up to 2 weeks until all orders are written. Tomorrow marks one week since they started writing the orders. Knowing that I would say next thursday although I know you have already started like the rest of us when we didn't get them on the first day.

68 Chevelle

MM1 Nuke->FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
When should I start to go into Panic mode if I have herd NOTHING about receiving my orders (requested on 12/20/07) and have not received them yet?:confused:

LoL Panic mode? I am still waiting on NOMI to approve my physical! I talked to Ed he said he has over 50 physicals tied up over at Bumed and NOMI. Here I am 5 weeks from NSI waiting on my physical stuff! I don't think you have anything to worry about if your orders have already been requested.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
Hell, my last day isn't until the 11th of Feb. Then travel, procede, and maybe 1-3 days of leave. But, I am on leave now (6 days total), then back for the CPO exam, then another 6 days of leave, then back for re-enlistment. 1st week of Feb I'm checking out except XO and CO de-brief. But, I'm already semi checked into my unit (met everyone at least). I already know the people at my PSD, medical, and dental. So, I'm planning on a week or so when I get back of vacation, then after the summer term as well.

Ransom

I completely understand the "Panic Mode." My physical just went to NOMI this week and I have to move my family from Guam before reporting to NSI.

k_smittay

Hey a tip for those who are getting pushed around trying to get everything done in a hurry to transfer...

I had a really hard time with my satellite TV company (Dishnetwork) to either pause or cancel my service because I was still under contract. I told them I had military PCS orders and yada yada but the lady on the phone wasnt having anything to do with it because of "company policy" and no rules regarding the military in their books. They wanted me to continue paying for a satellite package for the next 6 months ($39.99) or pay a termination fee ($250.00). :icon_rage

Instead I called military one source, which I have never used before, but they have advocates their that specialize in this sort of thing. They called Dishnetwork for me on a conference call, and go them to transfer the call to the dishnetwork headquarters. Once on the phone to headquarters they explained who they were and what they were trying to do for me. Once dishnetwork heard "we are military one source, a DOD department", they started being totally cool on the phone and cancelled my contract obligations and offered to pause my account for $5 a month if I wanted.

I know this post is long, but I also know people run into this all the time, especially trying to disconnect everything and get in done in a matter of weeks. One source is worth checking out!

www.militaryonesource.com

Also.. when you call them, there are no automated prompts or any of that crap. You talk to a live person who transfers you directly to who you need to talk to for the type of help you require.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
I completely understand the "Panic Mode." My physical just went to NOMI this week and I have to move my family from Guam before reporting to NSI.

I feel for anyone else moving from OCONUS as well. But no complaints because things are moving along. Good luck to everyone else who's still waiting on stuff.

68 Chevelle

Program start date changed on STA-21 site?

Just for fun I was checking for my physical status (hoping to see that it changed) today and accidentally clicked the program start date button. I dont know if anyone else's has changed or not but mine changed from 17Feb to 18 Feb, I know it's only a day, but it seemed strange to me. Did any one else's change?

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Just for fun I was checking for my physical status (hoping to see that it changed) today and accidentally clicked the program start date button. I dont know if anyone else's has changed or not but mine changed from 17Feb to 18 Feb, I know it's only a day, but it seemed strange to me. Did any one else's change?

Mine did. But it only makes sense since it is a monday.

68 Chevelle

Mine did. But it only makes sense since it is a monday.

ETC,
I was thinking the same thing, that it was odd to have a start date on Sunday, what is your report NET/NLT dates? Also on a semi-related note, what was the time it took everyone's physical to pass through NOMI after bumed got their chop on it? I know the holidays have them backed up but dang! Mine have been there nearly a month just at NOMI now! Also ETC, what sub are you on in Pearl? I have quite a few friends out there, mostly former students of mine from prototype or fellow class mates from when I was a baby Nuke.

Licarias

Thanks Smittay for that info on militaryonesource! man I wish I would have known about them a while back, but I have already got in touch with them since your post and completely solved a problem with my move because of it.

F14Flier7

Just received my orders today :D:D:D:D:D:icon_smil:icon_smil:icon_smil Couldn't be any happier; I'm on cloud 9. I can't wait for NSI to start already just so that we can get it over with lol.

68 Chevelle

Just received my orders today :D:D:D:D:D:icon_smil:icon_smil:icon_smil Couldn't be any happier; I'm on cloud 9. I can't wait for NSI to start already just so that we can get it over with lol.

Congrats! Totally! I know you were sweating your orders since they had been requested since before X-mas! I can't wait to join all of you at NSI!

Luke

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
ETC,
I was thinking the same thing, that it was odd to have a start date on Sunday, what is your report NET/NLT dates? Also on a semi-related note, what was the time it took everyone's physical to pass through NOMI after bumed got their chop on it? I know the holidays have them backed up but dang! Mine have been there nearly a month just at NOMI now! Also ETC, what sub are you on in Pearl? I have quite a few friends out there, mostly former students of mine from prototype or fellow class mates from when I was a baby Nuke.
NET/NLT=16/17 probably same for everyone. I think someone just realized that the program start date should actually be the first day of class i.e. Monday. I had been wondering that since I saw it on the website.

Mine and most got through NOMI in one working day but I think a few said it took longer if they had a waiver. Plus that was all before the big backup.

I'm not on a boat. Shore duty at NSTCP. I get a lot of students from outside Pearl though too, so no doubt if you know any RO's they've probably been a student of mine in the past couple years.

k_smittay

Thanks Smittay for that info on militaryonesource! man I wish I would have known about them a while back, but I have already got in touch with them since your post and completely solved a problem with my move because of it.

Pretty sweet resource huh? I also wish I would have known about it awhile ago. All is well though and I have it on speed dial for next time. :icon_wink

68 Chevelle

NET/NLT=16/17 probably same for everyone. I think someone just realized that the program start date should actually be the first day of class i.e. Monday. I had been wondering that since I saw it on the website.

Mine and most got through NOMI in one working day but I think a few said it took longer if they had a waiver. Plus that was all before the big backup.

I'm not on a boat. Shore duty at NSTCP. I get a lot of students from outside Pearl though too, so no doubt if you know any RO's they've probably been a student of mine in the past couple years.

I wish I was so lucky to get through NOMI in a day! That would certainly expedite my checkout. Blah, I hate the waiting game! I'm trying to think if I know any RO's out that way, mostly MM's and ELT's.