• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Open carry - anybody do it?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
And all of those rights have restrictions, large and small. That's a fact too.

Fine. I'll accept your "restrictions" when you prove that anyone's owning a gun impacts the rights, life or liberty of anyone else in the slightest. Until that day, stay the hell out.

Last I checked, every "gun crime" you can name is punished under a seperate statute in any case.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fine. I'll accept your "restrictions" when you prove that anyone's owning a gun impacts the rights, life or liberty of anyone else in the slightest. Until that day, stay the hell out.

Last I checked, every "gun crime" you can name is punished under a seperate statute in any case.

I didn't realize that I had the power to make laws, I guess I will have to start flexing my muscles!!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You can't have it both ways friend. You put the onus on me to prove that increased right to carry laws have decreased crime yet you cannot prove they have haven't. I've freely acknowledged that I will not say I can prove it has been the driving factor in the decrease in violent crime however there is no provable way to say it was not a factor. Potato vs Potato.

Thus making your earlier point moot, there is no way to tie the two together. So why even bring it up when no connection can be made? Taht was kinda my point........

I also think things like improved economic opportunity in the city, zero-tolerance police attitudes toward petty crimes, "broken windows" policing strategies, and results-oriented NYC police commisioners like William Bratton and Howard Safir had more to do w/ the drop in NYC crime rates than a feeble attempt to link the drop to the discredited and unconstitutional Brady Bill which expired in 1998.

Hmmm, I wonder where I saw that before.......:confused:

I would say it is combination of effective policing, changing demographics and the gentrification of the city.

Merely countering conjecture with more conjecture.......didn't get the point?

P.S. The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act was signed into law in 1993 and went into effect in 1994, maybe that helped? :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Merely countering conjecture with more conjecture.......didn't get the point?
No -- I was trying to be polite.

Let me be blunt. The unconstitutional
(Supremes said ... ) Brady Bill had nothing to do w/ it.

Better???

Flash -- you're just never gonna get it. Some things we just have to chalk up to "lost cause".

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Let me be blunt. The unconstitutional (Supremes said ... ) Brady Bill had nothing to do w/ it.

Better???

Maybe for you, but no one can prove or disprove that assertion, just like no one can do the same with assertion that the proliferation of concealed carry laws has deterred crime.......which was my point.

Flash -- you're just never gonna get it. Some things we just have to chalk up to "lost cause".

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you.......

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Maybe for you, but no one can prove or disprove that assertion, just like no one can do the same with assertion that the proliferation of concealed carry laws has deterred crime.......which was my point.

I really feel like you are missing the point that nobody has to...