• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Open carry - anybody do it?

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
I would think if a criminal sees your gun, if he's smart, he'll try and take you out first. Not only are you down but he's now got another weapon. I wouldn't carry openly.

Well yea if he's smart and observant he might take you out first. If he's got good aim also and you don't take an immediate evasive maneuver to get out of the line of fire.

Low probability that he is going to do that.

Reasons...your average criminal is not smart. If he's robbing a grocery store or something of the like he's probably a moron. If he's at the local mini-mart he's probably coming in and pointing the gun at the clerk instead because his heart is racing and he's nervous as hell.

I could beat this horse over and over.

Maybe 1% of the time that would be the case. More than likely you'll never be put in that situation. If you are it was probably avoidable in the first place e.g. not going to the Compton mini-mart.

This is also way too long and the point was made earlier..

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Well yea if he's smart and observant he might take you out first. If he's got good aim also and you don't take an immediate evasive maneuver to get out of the line of fire.

Low probability that he is going to do that.

Reasons...your average criminal is not smart. If he's robbing a grocery store or something of the like he's probably a moron. If he's at the local mini-mart he's probably coming in and pointing the gun at the clerk instead because his heart is racing and he's nervous as hell.

I could beat this horse over and over.

Maybe 1% of the time that would be the case. More than likely you'll never be put in that situation. If you are it was probably avoidable in the first place e.g. not going to the Compton mini-mart.

This is also way too long and the point was made earlier..

Come on, Lazers. You KNOW it's always ex-Navy SEALs and disgruntled Army Commandos who burglarize your local bagel shop or Doggy Boutique. Haven't you seen a movie lately?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Yeah, I gotta work on that.......

remowilliams02.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....Umm...I can't be the only one that thinks that's a really stupid way to think.
Of course that's stupid and ignorant.

There's a lot of people who like guns who are idiots.

There's a lot of people who don't like guns who are idiots.

There's a lot of people on this website who are idiots.

So what??

Are YOU trying to take one of the more outrageous moments in that particular piece of media journalism to try to make YOUR point?? Say it ain't so .... say it ain't so ...

And what would that point be, anyway??

Lawman

None
There is no way to protect dumbasses from themselves through Legislation and restriction.

Guns.... Motorcycles.... Booze.... Pick a vice and run with it. The only thing we can hope for is that they dont take anybody else with them.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
In one picture: The beauty of open carry...

glock171926ay1.jpg

Now which would you rather carry? I'll take mine in 21 vice 36...but that's just me.

If you don't get this...please feel free to exit the discussion...your media regurgitating views are not needed.:)

As A4's has suggested...you either believe in the Second Amendment...

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Reading the comments in that article makes my head hurt. Why do anti-gun people not deal in logic? It seems VERY simple to me:

Criminals don't care about laws. Average, law-abiding citizen does.

Gun-control laws keep guns out of average, law-abiding citizens' hands.

So if gun laws don't stop criminals from accessing guns, and only disarms the citizens who could put a stop to crimes, what is the argument for gun control? In addition, if concealed/open carry statistically REDUCES crime in areas where it is introduced..... wtf are they talking about??

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Please post some facts, not ones off some random blog either.

Yes, it's off the NRA website but there are plenty of cites at the bottom to keep you busy.

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=206&issue=007

Certainly it would be folly to think that the dramatic increase in right to carry laws and the increase in armed citizens is the sole reason for the decrease in violent crime it would be equal folly to think it has no affect.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, it's off the NRA website but there are plenty of cites at the bottom to keep you busy.

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=206&issue=007

Certainly it would be folly to think that the dramatic increase in right to carry laws and the increase in armed citizens is the sole reason for the decrease in violent crime it would be equal folly to think it has no affect.

There is nothing, that I have found in the links thus far, that ties the two together. I would call that a leap of faith, not hard facts.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
There is nothing, that I have found in the links thus far, that ties the two together. I would call that a leap of faith, not hard facts.

Well, how are you going to be able to link it hard unless you change nothing else and see a decrease? This isn't exactly a controlled experiment! I believe that it's more than "a leap of faith" but instead would be better described as a series of efforts, including more concealed carry, that has made a difference.

Should you wish to stick to your guns (so to speak ;) ) I think it is equally impossible to prove it has not made a difference.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor

Not going to argue statistics, or reasons, or purpose with you or anyone else on this issue. I started to look some up and it occured to me...I don't have to. The raison d'etre for legal carry and ownership is as basic, hallowed and protected as the right to a free press, or your right to worship as you please. We all swore an oath to it, and until we change it as a nation, this argument is pointless.

That is the only argument that matters. Period. The end. How's that for a fact?

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
"Travis White, 19, who has ear and chin piercings, congratulated Brandon Trask, 21, on carrying openly for the first time that night. "Just wait until you get confronted by a cop," White said. "It'll make you feel brave."

Umm...I can't be the only one that thinks that's a really stupid way to think.
You must consider the source of the article - you think they are going to quote the articulate guy with a well thought out and logical response or the "cowboy" (thats a bad word these day, ya know...:()?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not going to argue statistics, or reasons, or purpose with you or anyone else on this issue. I started to look some up and it occured to me...I don't have to. The raison d'etre for legal carry and ownership is as basic, hallowed and protected as the right to a free press, or your right to worship as you please. We all swore an oath to it, and until we change it as a nation, this argument is pointless.

That is the only argument that matters. Period. The end. How's that for a fact?

And all of those rights have restrictions, large and small. That's a fact too.