• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Open carry - anybody do it?

Lawman

None
So, how much is a stockpile? Not that I am worried or anything like that. :smirk_125

Thats pole worthy right there.

Along the lines of what I said to my mother, "what specific number constitutes and arsenal."

Id hate to have the news in my house in case of some kind of weapons confiscation because Ill be the looney toon with "over 12000 rounds of ammunition stockpiled!" Granted they'd forget to tell anybody that about 9000 of that is .22 LR.

And I agree with the previous sentaments about Glocktalk. Id go there to learn about Nuclear physics before I go there to learn about guns.

UMichfly

pilot
None
Rational answer: It's not quantity, it's intent. I don't give a flying fvck how many guns/cases of ammo someone owns (I may be jealous but that's another story). IMHO, it doesn't become a "stockpile" with all of the mass media BS attached until you possess it so that you can fight off the cops/feds/aliens anal probers. Cletus down the street with his basement full of shotgun shells just waiting for an errant meter reader or girl scout to "take away his liberties"...he's got a stockpile.

News answer: Oh noes, guns infected with bird flu will kill everyone you know and care about.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
So, how much is a stockpile? Not that I am worried or anything like that. :smirk_125

I've got about 14k in my closet. About 10 of that is 22LR... which will be the most useful if I ever did need to defend myself from hordes of the undead.

Zissou

Banned
Anyone who's sitting on a pile of 556 that was purchased two or more years ago should look into selling it. Consider it the luckiest investment you've made.

The prices will be dropping significantly for m855 in the next year after block one of the DOD 2 Billion round purchase is fulfilled. They have a planned overrun of 100 million rounds in FY09.

So sell it now before things get back to normal.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone who's sitting on a pile of 556 that was purchased two or more years ago should look into selling it. Consider it the luckiest investment you've made.

The prices will be dropping significantly for m855 in the next year after block one of the DOD 2 Billion round purchase is fulfilled. They have a planned overrun of 100 million rounds in FY09.

I'll just keep burning through 7.62x54R until the old Commie stockpiles finally run out.

(fricking corrosive ammo)

Zissou

Banned
Nittany

Are you running a PKM!?

My buddy built up this one in Baghdad for his IA SF guys to shoot from the shoulder.

bolo038.jpg

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor

I got 20 cases (500rds) at $78 12-14 years ago. Also got two Match HBARs at $550.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've been meaning to order a box online from aimsurplus.com; too lazy to fax them my ID, though. And Zissou; I kick it old school with one of these . . .
mosin.jpg

hobiesailor13

pilot
I've been meaning to order a box online from aimsurplus.com; too lazy to fax them my ID, though. And Zissou; I kick it old school with one of these . . .
mosin.jpg

Thanks for the site, I haven't found that one yet and am tired of the local 20 rounds for $18 around here. Same rifle I have, but the bayonet on mine goes to the side, not on top, I think the difference between Soviet made and one of the other producers in the 40's. Very nice though

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks for the site, I haven't found that one yet and am tired of the local 20 rounds for $18 around here. Same rifle I have, but the bayonet on mine goes to the side, not on top, I think the difference between Soviet made and one of the other producers in the 40's. Very nice though
You probably have an M44 carbine as opposed to a M1891/30 infantry rifle. Check the proportions of the barrel to the rest of the weapon on yours and compare it to the photo. The barrel is probably shorter on yours as well. Hence the 2-foot muzzle blast you probably get.

http://7.62x54r.net/

http://russian-mosin-nagant.com/mambo/

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
Lets just say the PUMA needed helper springs to deal with the extra weight.

Really? You're gonna open the door like that and wait for someone to slam it on you? Ah never mind, I'll pass. You're on that evil diet anyway so I guess I shouldn't take pot shots at you.