• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Wedding Uniform Question

Angels

Contributor
I might be in a similar situation, and while I wish I could wear a uniform it will probably be before OCS. So I guess I could wear a white suit and pretend...

Or not cause that would be ugly.
Good call on the white suit unless it is a uniform. But if you/she wanted you to wear white you could always go in a white jacket and black pants, a la James Bond. That's what my husband had his groomsmen wear so they could sort of match.
View attachment 11001

zildjian1787

well thanks for the info everyone, thats why i thought i should ask. I dont have a problem wearing regular clothes for the wedding, just finding out for my bride. btw we are still military members you know, we swear in and get the same benefits and allowances that you guys have, we just dont have to wear uniforms. at least thats what the officers told me so correct me if im wrong.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
well thanks for the info everyone, thats why i thought i should ask. I dont have a problem wearing regular clothes for the wedding, just finding out for my bride. btw we are still military members you know, we swear in and get the same benefits and allowances that you guys have, we just dont have to wear uniforms. at least thats what the officers told me so correct me if im wrong.

See you need to look at it with some perspective. You were selected to be given the CHANCE to become a Naval Officer. Just because I'm a student naval aviator and an officer in the military..doesn't mean I call myself a Naval Aviator and act as such. Even though you're in BDCP..becoming an Officer isn't a formality. You still have a lot of proving to do and hurdles to jump through. Even though you get pay and they call you an E-5 or whatever...you are not an E-5. You are still a civilian that has some restrictions based upon a contract you signed with the military. You can still grow a mullet and a sex offender beard, no one is going to say anything.

You're at the beginning step to becoming an officer. Just that. Enjoy the freedom while you can.

So please don't be that guy that tells people you are a Petty Officer Second Class aka E-5. That is a slap in the face to any young sailor who worked so hard to put that crow on his sleeve. They just call you that for pay purposes.

gotta_fly

pilot
I'm not sure about what would be allowed. MIDNs and OC's wear the dress whites with the midshipman's insignia (right?), so wearing that wouldn't be beyond the realm of imagination.

Stupid, though. Yakboy has it right, you'd be nuts to wear that before you've earned it.

Technically Midshipman is a rank and you swear a specific oath to hold that office.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
OCS Classmate of mine did the shotgun wedding over the holiday break. Simple deal, justice of the peace wedding with immediate family. They're doing the full wedding later on.

Anyways, the wife insisted he bring his SDBs for pictures, in addition to a regular suit. I made him show me the photos, and there's his OC SDBs, black electrical tape, lapel anchors, and all. I'm trying to secure a blackmail copy for later on in our careers...

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Amazing. I'm sure that looked great for the pictures.

Seriously though, this is one more exhibit for my "Top Gun Theory" file. That goddamned movie came out at a very formative time for most of the Gen-X bunch... Huge movie when most of the girls were plunging over the puberty precipice. They're imprinted on Navy digs.

I have the same theory about Interview with the Vampire and why the current bunch of girls are so into emo bisexual vampires.