• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Wedding Uniform Question

Pags

N/A
pilot
I fully concur with those who have said Mess Dress. I got married in it in July. My groomsman wore tuxes. My sword arch wore chokers. The wedding was "formal" on the invites. I didn't just look like another guy in a suit at my own wedding.

For those who are planning on attending a wedding and you're not in the official party and really have to wear the uniform, the SDBs are the best bet as they will allow you to be part of the background. I had a black tie wedding sprung on me last winter. I didn't feel like spending $100+ on a tux so I went with Dress Blues.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wore Full Dress chokers at mine (Jersey in August), mostly because it was the one dress uniform all the groomsmen already had. If I had to do it again, I would have gone with Mess Dress White and chokers for everybody else.

Mentioned before, but Formal Dress looks very damn pimp. I wore them for my sis-in-law's wedding. It's hard for anyone to look like a schmuck in white tie.

zildjian1787

i have a similar question for our wedding. I am in the BDCP program and we are getting married before i go to OCS, however my bride to be wants me to wear the white choker uniform. Am i allowed to wear one even though i have yet to complete OCS and actually hold the title for officer?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
i have a similar question for our wedding. I am in the BDCP program and we are getting married before i go to OCS, however my bride to be wants me to wear the white choker uniform. Am i allowed to wear one even though i have yet to complete OCS and actually hold the title for officer?

You don't get to dress like a commissioned officer until you ARE a commissioned officer. Check out the other threads around here about people who pretend to be something they are not...

yakboyslim

None
I might be in a similar situation, and while I wish I could wear a uniform it will probably be before OCS. So I guess I could wear a white suit and pretend...

Or not cause that would be ugly.

navy09

None
Quick reality check for the BDCP guys: wearing an officer's uniform as an enlisted guy- which you are until you finish OCS- is a serious offense (read: it's a crime). No different than that fat slob that was walking around dressed as a Marine colonel at his high school reunion.

yakboyslim

None
Yeah, I was definitely never considering doing it. Plus it would be an insult to the title I want to EARN.

I just wish timetables were different so that I could wear a uniform, that I have earned, on that day. I would never do it otherwise. Or even an enlisted uniform, for that matter, since I don't feel like I have earned that privilege yet either.

I will be wearing strictly civilian attire, and just happy with the thought that one day I will wear the uniform.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Perhaps you didn't know any better, but impersonating a military member is a serious crime. It would be a quick way to end your Naval career before it started if someone found out (and they probably will).

m26

Contributor
Quick reality check for the BDCP guys: wearing an officer's uniform as an enlisted guy- which you are until you finish OCS- is a serious offense (read: it's a crime). No different than that fat slob that was walking around dressed as a Marine colonel at his high school reunion.

I'm not sure about what would be allowed. MIDNs and OC's wear the dress whites with the midshipman's insignia (right?), so wearing that wouldn't be beyond the realm of imagination.

Stupid, though. Yakboy has it right, you'd be nuts to wear that before you've earned it.

navy09

None
I'm not sure about what would be allowed. MIDNs and OC's wear the dress whites with the midshipman's insignia (right?), so wearing that wouldn't be beyond the realm of imagination.

Yeah, show me what BDCP...I'm enlisted...but I've never been to boot camp...made up rank insignia looks like.

I mean, if you don't know enough to realize how gay it would be and if you don't understand the difference between you and a Mid/OC, that's OK at this point. Just trust me on this one.

m26

Contributor
Oh I know how toolish it would be. My idle mind just wonders if it's possible in theory for a hardcore tool.