• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Wedding Uniform Question

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Just remember all the military folks in uniform (hopefully not the groom) are going to get piss drunk and look like crap in their uniforms when the night is over (hopefully if the wedding is that fun). I went to an Army wedding in SDBs a long time ago fell back in my chair a number of times, rode the elevator just for the fun of it and got scolded by hotel security to not inhale the helium balloons from the high school prom in the other event center. I woke up not remembering a darn thing and my wife being very mad at me. I wasnt happy getting emailed pictures of a bunch of military OFFICERS in dress uniforms inhaling balloons and throwing lawn furniture into the hotel pool. But damn it was fun.

And if there is a sword arch, beware of sword fights breaking out at church.... and the reception!!!

OscarMyers

None
Those pictures on in the uniform regs do not do the dinner dress uniform any justice. This one is done up for enlisted with the black cumberbun, silver buttons and rank on the sleeve. The only thing different for winter is that its a blue coat.
wedding pic.jpg

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just as a general FYI for those who may not know, Dinner Dress is equivalent to civilian Black Tie (tuxedo/morning coat), whereas Formal Dress is equivalent to civilian White Tie (tailcoat). Not saying anything's "right" or "wrong," just sayin'.

Angels

Contributor
Yeah, but my wife's dress was "off white..." So...for our August wedding I wore Formal Dress...it actually was pretty money...and continues to gather dust in my closet....

Dare you to wear Dress Trops :icon_smil
Good point! I almost bought an off white dress and was thankfully talked out of it. I compared it later next to his chokers and she was right, it would have looked bad. To the OP If you do decide to go with summer whites or chokers she should bring your pants with her dress shopping because as I found out apparently there are like 20 different shades of white! And some just won't like right together. :)

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
I wore an offwhite dress (obviously not my uniform). My husband wore SDB's (his choice). It was November, but in West Texas. It was fairly warm however it wasn't too hot for them. I like the way the blues looked plus they are easier to keep clean. All of the grooms men wore SDB's also (except for the CG guy and there blues are really blue!).

Don't worry about any rules or anything like that for the wedding. I wore cowboy boots with my dress and we had people in all different sorts of attire. In fact, my husband, and LDO, couldn't find his ribbons so he was going to borrow a friends that was there (an O-6 aviatorwho obviously didn't have the same medals as my husband). We ended up finding them, but who would have really cared if he had worn the wrong ones.

The biggest thing is just do whatever you want. Wear what you want, have whatever food, beer, party favors, band, etc that you want. In the end, you are going to be married no matter what (ok, well almost no matter what). I sitll don't know the order of how our wedding party walked in!

TwinsFan

Hey,

Thanks a lot. This really helped her. She wants the Navy blue color, so it will be some form of that. I'll be happy to wear whatever as I only really care about the girl standing in front of me, and the party waiting after.

Thanks again.

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
Twinsfan, spend the money and get yourself a set of mess dress, if she wants the Navy blue color. If you are planning to do the SDB jacket with a bowtie thing, it looks ridiculous. Granted, this is just my opinion.

You'll thank yourself later, though.