• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Off Base Living

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
nublett said:
I don't claim to know what the average overall time through training at every base is. I'm sure that primary IPs have much better overall, navy wide, pilot training knowledge and history than I do. What I do know that my niece at Corpus, who finished Friday, got through a lot quicker than my brother did at Pensacola/Whiting. I also know that that was the accepted gouge at NASCC.

Hate to interrupt this little spat but I thought I would add my observations as I am currently living the timeline AND know friends in NASCC. Everything depends on your squadron and weather. One squadron at NASWF is natorious for being slow (though they seem to be improving as of late), another is getting guys through in 5 months now. NASWF also had a terrible bout of weather this past Jan/Feb that shut down flights for days at a time, some were lucky enough not to get hit with it but many were not. So CC had a bit of a jump there BUT again most of it depends on the specific squadron.

While I am sure we all appreciate "gouge" from someone who knows people in the pipeline at multiple places a sample size of one person per site hardly is enough to give a demonstratable advantage...just my opinion of course...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
nublett said:
I'm sure that primary IPs have much better overall, navy wide, pilot training knowledge and history than I do. What I do know that my niece at Corpus, who finished Friday, got through a lot quicker than my brother did at Pensacola/Whiting. I also know that that was the accepted gouge at NASCC.

I was going to let Skid's post take care of this and move on, but Jamnww's post has pushed me over the edge not because he's wrong, it's just not the issue.

The original (mis) statement:

Anyway go Corpus it's much better and you will class up more quickly.

The re(mis)statement:

I agree with usmcecho 100%! In Corpus you can stay out in town, class-up quicker, get more freedom, not so many hillbillies, the area is a lot nicer too... at least I think so.

No where was anyone saying anything about how long it takes to get through the respective programs until the Nublet/Skid squabble, which was the whole point of my original post. I have no idea which program/squadron/service takes longer.

So, one more time for clarity:

Originally Posted by gatordev
...And for what it's worth, right now guys are finishing API on Friday and starting ground school the following Monday in TW-5.

So, by definition, CC CAN NOT class up quicker, at least at this one moment in time. It's impossible unless you don't move your household goods, which was the point of my original post.

usmcecho4

pilot
As of Dec 05 MATSG-21 was starting Lts who wanted to go to CC in API more quickly than Lts that wanted to stay in PCOLA. That's what I was talking about. That said Corpus is way better than PCOLA.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

nublett

Been there, done that.
Thanks for the clarification and redirection, Gatordev! Sorry about the squabble too... I don't mind being corrected when I'm wrong; I don't mind a ribbing either, I don't like being insulted though.

I'm with Usmcecho4. Even if it is just because I'm partial to Corpus.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
No prob. And w/ Usmcech04's comment, he was basing it off December (may still be true, who knows), but that's like ancient history now. Come May, it will get all jacked up again because all the Newbs will be showing up and clobber the pipeline again.