• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Off Base Living

VAmookie

gatordev said:
Not so fast. When I was a student, they started making people occupy the Q at Whiting. Yes, it was mandatory. I was grand-fathered in but guys that were showing up to TW-5 were being made to stay on base.

With the Q opening back up again after all the repairs, I'm betting that may happen again.

Any idea as to when we could expect this to take effect?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Probably shortly after you sign your lease. I have no idea and nor do I have any guarentee that it will happen. Just studying the history books.

usmcecho4

pilot
Not currently in effect and I haven't heard any grumblings about it from any TBSers at Whiting. Anyway go Corpus it's much better and you will class up more quickly.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

Cordespc

None
Contributor
Currently, the staff are not allowing any single LTs to live out in town, regardless of out-of-pocket expense. Additionally, all the brown baggers I know have been talked to about not letting single guys stay at their off base residences aside from the odd drink-induced crash on the couch.

They actually shook down the whole company to find out if any guys without dependents had arranged off base housing. It could probably be done, and you might not get caught, but it would be in direct violation of orders.

R/ Paul

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
usmcecho4 said:
Not currently in effect and I haven't heard any grumblings about it from any TBSers at Whiting. Anyway go Corpus it's much better and you will class up more quickly.

Eh, what do I know. And for what it's worth, right now guys are finishing API on Friday and starting ground school the following Monday in TW-5.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Looks like you're going to have to "book your nooky" in motel outside of Quantico for quick and easy access...

usmcecho4

pilot
Cordespc said:
Currently, the staff are not allowing any single LTs to live out in town, regardless of out-of-pocket expense. Additionally, all the brown baggers I know have been talked to about not letting single guys stay at their off base residences aside from the odd drink-induced crash on the couch.

They actually shook down the whole company to find out if any guys without dependents had arranged off base housing. It could probably be done, and you might not get caught, but it would be in direct violation of orders.

R/ Paul

That's pretty gay stuff considering, "Travel outside of the designated boundaries for weekday, overnight liberty (80 miles) shall be at the discretion of a Marine’s Staff Platoon Commander." I'm glad back in the "Old Corps" the staff allowed the LTs to get laid at night.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

nublett

Been there, done that.
usmcecho4 said:

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

:icon_smil I agree with usmcecho 100%! In Corpus you can stay out in town, class-up quicker, get more freedom, not so many hillbillies, the area is a lot nicer too... at least I think so.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
gatordev said:
...And for what it's worth, right now guys are finishing API on Friday and starting ground school the following Monday in TW-5.

Let me try one more time, lest bad gouge be spewn.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
nublett said:
:icon_smil I agree with usmcecho 100%! In Corpus you can stay out in town, class-up quicker, get more freedom, not so many hillbillies, the area is a lot nicer too... at least I think so.

How is an Intel O privy to primary class wait time? I havent known such stuff since I was..... well in primary.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
skidkid said:
How is an Intel O privy to primary class wait time? I havent known such stuff since I was..... well in primary.

don't question the mystic powers of an intel O...

Cordespc

None
Contributor
usmcecho4 said:
That's pretty gay stuff considering, "Travel outside of the designated boundaries for weekday, overnight liberty (80 miles) shall be at the discretion of a Marine’s Staff Platoon Commander." I'm glad back in the "Old Corps" the staff allowed the LTs to get laid at night.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

As a newly married man, I'm not feeling too much of the gayness (my girlfriend thought it was so romantic of me to suggest that we have a special JOP wedding a week before TBS). I do feel for the guys who reside in the BOQ every day. I've been living out in town ever since I was a baby E-2, and finally becoming an Officer of Marines and being stuffed into a sweaty, moldy room with 3 or 4 other dudes would be a pretty big kick in the junk.

Paul

nublett

Been there, done that.
skidkid said:

I'm Intell now, but I wasn't always. Besides when stationed in Corpus, and working with mine warfare and recon, I had the pleasure of working within the pilot community. My brother went through training in Pennsacola/Whiting while my niece was at Corpus- she just finished, a lot faster than him! You might also be surprised to learn that we Intell Os often work with flying-type squadrons; who do you think tells ya where to drop the bomb, or rescue the downed pilot, or gets you the maps of enemy, etc? Thats me!

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
nublett said:
You might also be surprised to learn that we Intell Os often work with flying-type squadrons; who do you think tells ya where to drop the bomb, or rescue the downed pilot, or gets you the maps of enemy, etc? Thats me!

The only thing that would probably surprise me is the intel O putting forth gouge that is in direct contradiction to the guy who is an IP in primary and probably has his fingers closer to the training pulse than any of us in the fleet. Ihave seen both good and
Let me know how telling the guys in your squadron where to shoot / drop works out for you.
(smiles simulated)

nublett

Been there, done that.
skidkid said:
The only thing that would probably surprise me is the intel O putting forth gouge that is in direct contradiction to the guy who is an IP in primary and probably has his fingers closer to the training pulse than any of us in the fleet. Ihave seen both good and
Let me know how telling the guys in your squadron where to shoot / drop works out for you.
(smiles simulated)

Hey, we're all a team, aren't we? I'm part of the team too. We all rely on each other to get the job done! You give your take, and I give mine. I don't claim to know what the average overall time through training at every base is. I'm sure that primary IPs have much better overall, navy wide, pilot training knowledge and history than I do. What I do know that my niece at Corpus, who finished Friday, got through a lot quicker than my brother did at Pensacola/Whiting. I also know that that was the accepted gouge at NASCC.

As for "telling the guys where to shoot" is concerned... it works out very well for me thank you. I'm very good at what I do, as are our pilots. If I was sure I wouldn't end up in Levinworth I could expound on just how well it works out. :icon_tong