• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Odds of getting selected for SNA or SNFO? I am putting in for both.

GlennAngus

Can someone please help me understand these spreadsheets? What does these mean: ProRec Y, ProRec N, Submitted, Declined, Pushed, AtBoard Y, AtBoard N?

BDavis11

Contributor
Can someone please help me understand these spreadsheets? What does these mean: ProRec Y, ProRec N, Submitted, Declined, Pushed, AtBoard Y, AtBoard N?
This would be interesting if it was a troll question considering its mostly self explanable, but today I got time. Prorec- Professionally Recommended(yes/no). Submitted (your package yes/no). Atboard (did you make the atboard list when it came out). Pushed- did your package get pushed to the next board because the current is too full. Declined- did your package get accepted. Good day.

GlennAngus

This would be interesting if it was a troll question considering its mostly self explanable, but today I got time. Prorec- Professionally Recommended(yes/no). Submitted (your package yes/no). Atboard (did you make the atboard list when it came out). Pushed- did your package get pushed to the next board because the current is too full. Declined- did your package get accepted. Good day.
Thanks for the response, man! I am just starting out my research now. Reddit was my only source of info at first then I found this. I am scheduled to meet with an officer recruiter next week. I am still trying to figure out jargons.
While we're at it...how many times a year does navy have this board selection? does it depend on designator and its need?

Edit: 'Professionally recommended' meaning someone professional in a particular field or someone in the military?

BDavis11

Contributor
Thanks for the response, man! I am just starting out my research now. Reddit was my only source of info at first then I found this. I am scheduled to meet with an officer recruiter next week. I am still trying to figure out jargons.
While we're at it...how many times a year does navy have this board selection? does it depend on designator and its need?

Edit: 'Professionally recommended' meaning someone professional in a particular field or someone in the military?
It means you have been accepted to which you applied. Mynavyhr.com has the board schedule on it. Depends which designator you apply for. Aviation is typically 4 a year. I cant speak to the others. The search function will help you find a lot of information on here. What are you looking to apply for?

GlennAngus

It means you have been accepted to which you applied. Mynavyhr.com has the board schedule on it. Depends which designator you apply for. Aviation is typically 4 a year. I cant speak to the others. The search function will help you find a lot of information on here. What are you looking to apply for?
My top pick is NFO but am considering other designators as well
I have a strong academic and professional background: BSEE minor in math. 3.7GPA, 4+ years experience as technician and engineer. I am trying to play around with my timeline here since I am also applying to tech jobs and it is going along pretty fast, but I just want to know the timeline for an OCS application is to properly adjust as necessary since I am seriously considering joining navy as well that's why I want to know the need and timeline specifically for NFO. There is only one officer recruiting office near me and I am scheduled for next week but nice to have info available so I can contemplate life this weekend hahhaha. Thanks for the response again!

Top designators
Naval Flight Officer (NFO) (1370)
Special Duty - Intelligence (Intel) (1630)
Engineering Duty Officer (SWO (Engineering Duty Option)) (1460)
Special Duty - Information War Officer (1640)
Surface Warfare Officer (1160)

In consideration
Nuclear Trained Officer (NUPOC Sub) (11751)
Nuclear Trained Officer (NUPOC Surface) (11651)
Naval Reactors Engineer (11050)

Pcoola19

My top pick is NFO but am considering other designators as well
I have a strong academic and professional background: BSEE minor in math. 3.7GPA, 4+ years experience as technician and engineer. I am trying to play around with my timeline here since I am also applying to tech jobs and it is going along pretty fast, but I just want to know the timeline for an OCS application is to properly adjust as necessary since I am seriously considering joining navy as well that's why I want to know the need and timeline specifically for NFO. There is only one officer recruiting office near me and I am scheduled for next week but nice to have info available so I can contemplate life this weekend hahhaha. Thanks for the response again!

Top designators
Naval Flight Officer (NFO) (1370)
Special Duty - Intelligence (Intel) (1630)
Engineering Duty Officer (SWO (Engineering Duty Option)) (1460)
Special Duty - Information War Officer (1640)
Surface Warfare Officer (1160)

In consideration
Nuclear Trained Officer (NUPOC Sub) (11751)
Nuclear Trained Officer (NUPOC Surface) (11651)
Naval Reactors Engineer (11050)
Why not pilot? Also with that background curious as to your motivations on joining the Navy. Seriously, just curious no judgment.

Pcoola19

Background: (26 years old)
-ASTB Score 50 566
-7+ years in the Airforce National Guard as an Aircraft Mechanic.
-NCO (E5)
-Airman of the quarter
-"Top Performer" in my Field
-BS in Criminal Justice (3.67 GPA)
-Private Pilot License with 59.9 hours of flight time
-LORs: O5 (Current Commander), O5 (Army JAG), O2 (Army Infantry Officer), Ph.D. (College Professor).
-SCUBA certificate
-Green Rope Airman Leader in Airforce Tech School
-RA for three years in college

MEPS was a success with a follow-up with an Optometrist as I had PRK eye surgery.

Any feedback is appreciated. I am currently studying to take the ASTB again should I go un-selected.
Up those ASTB scores. People are currently waiting 1.5+ years just to get to NIFE. The odds that your selection rate may be lower/standards are going to be higher are definitely there. Anecdotally, I’ve never met a guy/gal who has taken the ASTB multiple times and ended up with anything worse than the same scores on the 2nd/3rd go around.

GlennAngus

Why not pilot? Also with that background curious as to your motivations on joining the Navy. Seriously, just curious no judgment.
Always wanted to serve and I just really feeling adventurous. I am also in time of my life where I just dont have a family and other commitment. Recession is looming and tech companies are laying off. I also just got my citizenship this year too. It's like a perfect storm right now.

I honestly just dont want to look back 10 years from now and say "...I coulda gone to the navy as an officer when I was younger..."

Pcoola19

Always wanted to serve and I just really feeling adventurous. I am also in time of my life where I just dont have a family and other commitment. Recession is looming and tech companies are laying off. I also just got my citizenship this year too. It's like a perfect storm right now.

I honestly just dont want to look back 10 years from now and say "...I coulda gone to the navy as an officer when I was younger..."
Sick. Honestly I get it and was in pretty much the same shoes as you are in. Good luck. Naval Aviation is hard work but fun. Also don’t sneeze at the opportunities presented to you by the nuke pipelines but if you’re out for adventure, lots of opportunities in aviation.