• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Odds of getting selected for SNA or SNFO? I am putting in for both.

Kenny1776

Background: (26 years old)
-ASTB Score 50 566
-7+ years in the Airforce National Guard as an Aircraft Mechanic.
-NCO (E5)
-Airman of the quarter
-"Top Performer" in my Field
-BS in Criminal Justice (3.67 GPA)
-Private Pilot License with 59.9 hours of flight time
-LORs: O5 (Current Commander), O5 (Army JAG), O2 (Army Infantry Officer), Ph.D. (College Professor).
-SCUBA certificate
-Green Rope Airman Leader in Airforce Tech School
-RA for three years in college

MEPS was a success with a follow-up with an Optometrist as I had PRK eye surgery.

Any feedback is appreciated. I am currently studying to take the ASTB again should I go un-selected.

kotn

Any feedback is appreciated. I am currently studying to take the ASTB again should I go un-selected.

To get an idea of how competitive I was and what my odds were, I found the google spreadsheets for the past couple boards. This is publicly edited and does not capture all the applicants, so don't take it as gospel. In your case, try to find people that marked Y for the prior service and flight experience columns and have similar ASTB scores to you.

28 OCT 20

03 AUG 20

25 JAN 21

24 MAY 21

02 AUG 21

Kenny1776

-ASTB Score 50 566
-NCO (E5)
-Airman of the quarter
-LORs: O5 (Current Commander), O5 (Army JAG), O2 (Army Infantry Officer), Ph.D. (College Professor).
-SCUBA certificate

MEPS was a success with a follow-up with an Optometrist as I had PRK eye surgery.

Also, there are a couple of people on those spreadsheets who were non-select but had better scores and experience than some who were selected. Why would this be?

kotn

Also, there are a couple of people on those spreadsheets who were non-select but had better scores and experience than some who were selected. Why would this be?

I have no idea. But from what I've seen on here it could possibly be from waivers for legal or medical issues. I've also seen the explanation that because the board has to go through so many applications, the board makes mistakes sometimes and puts your package in the wrong pile.

Kenny1776

-ASTB Score 50 566
-NCO (E5)
-Airman of the quarter
-SCUBA certificate

Also, as I had PRK for my eyesight I obviously have to have a waiver. How much negative weight will this carry? Is this pretty common?