• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October/November SNA & SNFO Boards

Tasha

I'm hoping to make the cut. 51 6/7/7 which by some of the previous scores would put me around SNFO selection. But just want an answer regardless. Pumped about SWO but would love NFO
What are your other stats? Your OAR was better than mine. But what did you bring to your overall package? Degree and gpa. Etc

lenninscjay

Red-headed stepchild (MH-53)
Anyone out of Hawaii hear anything? I'm still waiting damn

Hey RYBONE, I re-applied to this board using my original OR from New York so my results aren't any indication of what's going on out here but I wanted to wish you luck man. When you find out PM me... I'm on the south shore but I'd be down to meet up a few times to chat/workout/prep for OCS.

KnightFlight

Officially a No here.
Planning to re-test and reapply. Doubtful next board will have such high selection rates though. Here goes nothing...

Tasha

Officially a No here.
Planning to re-test and reapply. Doubtful next board will have such high selection rates though. Here goes nothing...
Oh no! I am sorry to hear! I wish you all the best next board. Don't lose sight. Keep your eye on the prize.

Reactions: RMP

exNavyOffRec

I'm sorry to hear.. Better luck for your next board! Retesting would be a gamble. My strongest suggestion would be getting an appraisal or two from the community you wish to serve. O-5s / O-6s they really so help!

not so much, I can't tell you the people I worked with that thought that, and after getting those recommendations (which were good) those guys are still civilians.

Tasha

not so much, I can't tell you the people I worked with that thought that, and after getting those recommendations (which were good) those guys are still civilians.

I guess it always differs. :) I'm sure it could and it depends who you get your appraisals from. Wouldn't help getting one from a high rank intel officer if you're going an a aviation route. I guess in my case I lucked out getting them from a Deputy Commodore and Commander from HSCWINGPAC .

MambaJamba1124

Winging it!!
Officially a No here.
Sorry to hear that man. Keep your head up, come up with a plan and re-apply. I Wish you and everyone who didn't get selected the best of luck!

exNavyOffRec

I guess it always differs. :) I'm sure it could and it depends who you get your appraisals from. Wouldn't help getting one from a high rank intel officer if you're going an a aviation route. I guess in my case I lucked out getting them from a Deputy Commodore and Commander from HSCWINGPAC .

A bad GPA is a bad GPA, one guy in particular had a "10" appraisal from a 2 star, but bad GPA is bad GPA

I had guys all the time who had average GPA's (some sub-par 2.9) but 8's and 9's on the ASTB get picked and they just went to school, no sports, no leadership, some had no tech degree, but sink that GPA lower and it brings into question study habits and can that person truly make it through the pipeline.

Given your stats I would have put money on you getting picked, your ASTB scores are average but hard degree and sports, you know what you need to do to succeed.

Tasha

A bad GPA is a bad GPA, one guy in particular had a "10" appraisal from a 2 star, but bad GPA is bad GPA

I had guys all the time who had average GPA's (some sub-par 2.9) but 8's and 9's on the ASTB get picked and they just went to school, no sports, no leadership, some had no tech degree, but sink that GPA lower and it brings into question study habits and can that person truly make it through the pipeline.

Given your stats I would have put money on you getting picked, your ASTB scores are average but hard degree and sports, you know what you need to do to succeed.
totally agreed! The gpa seems to mess a lot of people up!! Don't screw around in school.. Lol cause that gpa haunts people in the long run..

Still in the dark as well. After 5pm here. Hoping tomorrow comes with some news...

Tasha- sorry for delayed response
Non Prior age 26
51 6/7/7
BS Exercise Physiology 3.4 West Virginia University
MS Exercise Science & Nutrition 3.2 SUNY Buffalo
VP of Fraternity (200+ hours community service)
Academic/Athletic Scholarship to WVU
GM of Private Training Facility for past 3 years
A bunch of other jazz....

Good luck and congrats to those selected. And for those still waiting, I hear ya