• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October Boards

I've confirmed that I am waiting on just my EPSQ at this point. Hard to tell how long that will take though. My dad had put his in at about the same time as me, and he's still waiting also. Sounds like they might be a bit backed up. :/

Just found out that my EPSQ has finally cleared, so now everything should actually be done, and hopefully I'll pick up final select at the Nov board. Any word yet skim?

You're Dad is joining the Navy also?

Nope, he's been in for 29 years. I'm assuming this one is just a regular update.

radar

TrickyFish, How did you find out yur EPSQ is cleared. Did you have to call the recruiter or did they call you?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
She texted me, actually. I've been calling her a lot lately about this, so she knew I was anxious.

What is it with women and texting? I had to buy a plan after women bombarded me with texts instead of picking up the damn phone....cost me a fortune the first month...:icon_rage

I used to hate texting, and I only do it now because my battery is mostly dead. And I never texted my recruiter until she made a comment that I was welcome to do so. As a general rule I don't text anyone unless I know they're ok with it. So don't blame all women.

radar

It was my understanding that you could get final select at anytime. It was just a matter of opening your background check and assigning you a class date but now I have heard you have to wait until the next board meets. Which is true?

From what my recruiter said today, I definitely will not get a class date until the next board meets. However, I don't know if that necessarily implies that you cannot get final select until the board meets.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Tricky,
Still no word, will try and get in touch tommorow. Hopefully there will be more info for me, but im not keeping my hopes up...

Goob83

None
From what my recruiter said today, I definitely will not get a class date until the next board meets. However, I don't know if that necessarily implies that you cannot get final select until the board meets.

that is bull the next board date has nothing to do with final select it is when the PM and Processors get around to forwarding your info to OOM and your security info comes back. then it may take a while for the Department head to sign out your select letter. it could take 3 days or it could take 3 months

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Goob,
Are they going to be doing a full background (EPSQ), or are they just doing an interim security clearance? Also, I did an SSBI since I applied for Intel, but since I got SWO, would they still conduct the SSBI? Just curious.

The Stoic

So can we bleed this into a November board thread? Seeing as how my stuff didn't get sent in early enough so November it is. Any more November people?