• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October Boards

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
I am mailing my package out next Thursday (9/27) for the October boards. Anyone else submitting for October? If so, what designators?
I wish you all the best of luck, and hope we all get selected.

mc282000

I am mailing my package out next Thursday (9/27) for the October boards. Anyone else submitting for October? If so, what designators?
I wish you all the best of luck, and hope we all get selected.

Hey,

Are you going through Captain Gomez? 197 or 198? My buddy is trying for a pilot's slot in 197 and I'm trying 198 through Captain Gomez. I'm actually going to MEPS tommorow morning :sleep_125. Then all I have left is the ASTB and PFT and I should be ready to submit my application for the November boards. I would've liked to have gone 197 but I just don't have enough time to get my app in with the various waivers.

Anyways, good luck on submitting your package and getting accepted. What do your stats look like if you don't mind me asking?

Edit: I just realized you're Navy. So you're probably not going through Captain Gomez because she's Marines. Good luck anyways.

USNMark

I am "board pro" for the October date, to quote my recruiter. I still don't know what that term means. I'm applying for SNA.

USNMark

Hey,

Are you going through Captain Gomez? 197 or 198? My buddy is trying for a pilot's slot in 197 and I'm trying 198 through Captain Gomez. I'm actually going to MEPS tommorow morning :sleep_125. Then all I have left is the ASTB and PFT and I should be ready to submit my application for the November boards. I would've liked to have gone 197 but I just don't have enough time to get my app in with the various waivers.

Anyways, good luck on submitting your package and getting accepted. What do your stats look like if you don't mind me asking?

Edit: I just realized you're Navy. So you're probably not going through Captain Gomez because she's Marines. Good luck anyways.

So in so many words, I guess that means you're NOT submitting for the October boards which is the focus of this topic.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
My package was put in too late to make the September board, so I'll be on the October board for sure. I'm going for SNA. Good luck everyone!

-Ken

Praying4OCS

pilot
Contributor
My stats....

Applying for:
1) Pilot 2) IWO

8 years of active duty Service - FT2(SS)
Hold TS/SCI Clearance

Collateral Duties:
TPU Div LPO (55 person division)
Command Recreation Committee President
Command Fitness Leader
Command Honor Guard LPO

PRT:
Last 4 were Outstanding Low

Eval:
6 total
Last 3 Evals are EP
(Last 2 were #1 E-5)
First one is #1 E-4

OAR:
*Take on Sept 24*

Education:
BS Information Technology
GPA: 3.45
AA Computer Science Technologies
GPA: 3.43

CO's Recommendations :
Personally typed from current Commodore (O-6) who stated I was the best applicant he has reviewed in his 25 year career.

Interviews: 6 total
3 Submarine O-5
1 NFO O-6 (Current Chief of Staff for Navy Region SW)
1 Pilot O-5 (Current CO of a Helicopter Squadron)
1 IW O-5
-All have 10's w/excellent write ups

LOR: 6 total
1 Submarine O-6 (previous Commodore)
1 Submarine O-6 (my previous CO)
1 Joint Staff O-6 (previous Commodore)
1 NC O-5 (Father-in-Law)
1 CWO3 (Command's SSO who is an IW)
1 E-9 (CMC for COMSUBGRU 7)
-All great write-ups

Additional Info:
Had CO's NJP in 2003
One of my LOR (Sub O-6) is from the CO who masted me
Both my previous CO and current Commodore discuss the NJP and how much I have learned from it.
All Evals since have been EP except the one immediately after, which was an MP
I also wrote an NJP address discussing the situation and how I have learned from it

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
My stats...

Applying for SNA

Prior Enlisted - 5 Years (Secret Security Clearance)

AD2 Naval Aircrew (C-2A Greyhound Loadmaster / Crewchief)
(Also aircrew qualified in E-2C's at NADEP for FCF's and deliveries)

- They already know I can pass the water survival training - NACCS.

- I've already been through S.E.R.E school as enlisted, won't have to go again as an officer.

LOR's-

O-6 (Former Commanding Officer NADEP North Island, now at CNAF)
O-6 (Current CO Fleet Readiness Center Southwest, formerly NADEP)
O-6 (Current XO Fleet Readiness Center Southwest, formerly NADEP)
O-5 (Current CO VRC-40, C-2A Pilot) - Flew with in DET 5, he was OIC)
O-5 (Current Chief Test Pilot VX-20, E-2C Pilot) - Flew with at NADEP
O-5 (Director for NAVAIR AIRSpeed, E-2C NFO) - Flew with at NADEP
O-4 (My former DIVO, S-3 / E-2C NFO) - Flew with at NADEP
O-3 (My former DIVO, E-2C Pilot) - Flew with at NADEP
O-3 (My former DIVO, C-2A / E-2C Pilot) - Flew with in DET 5
My father (Retired Command Masterchief)

Collateral Duties:

-Command PRT Coordinator
-Command Safety Petty Officer

Education:

University of Phoenix, BS Business Management (3.5 GPA)

-Degree obtained while on active duty.

ASTB Scores: 5 / 7 / 6 OAR 50

Private Pilot - 110 hours

Additional Info:

Currently employed with Honeywell at the Global Data Center where I specialize in flight planning, flight following, and route weather briefing for Private, Corporate, Commercial, and Military aircraft.

Up for SNA October board. Good luck everyone!

-Ken

The Stoic

Well crap, I am going into the October board but you guys aren't helping my confidence in the matter. Hopefully Ken and Praying aren't the typical applicant!

Age 24

Dual Major International Relations/Cultural Geography

ASTB 5/5/5/ 47

PRT - I take it the 28th then submit package, looking for excellent low at my current level.

NFO/SWO/Spec Ops

Atleast the stiff competition is coming from SNA applicants.

Good luck to all and may we end up in a great job and not in a cubicle

Praying4OCS

pilot
Contributor
Ken/Stoic,

Your stats look great. I hope you both make it! I'll keep both of you in my prayers.

bsubdevils

I'm on the October BDCP board.

SNA/NFO/Supply are the three I chose to try for.

Age 21.

Studying for a BS in Accounting at Boise State. My GPA right now is a 3.225.

ASTB scores were straight 7's. My OAR was a 56.

My LOR is my old Blue and Gold Officer (I applied for the Academy a few years back, made it to final selection board, didn't make it but by that time I wanted to go to public college) and a retired O-4 [if I remember correctly] Navy SEAL, great guy and he gave me an excellent write up.

Asked my recruiter about the PRT but apparently I don't have to take it until I get my ProRec. [Fine by me! Portland hasn't said anything yet so okay!]

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Age 25

Going for 1) SNA 2) SNFO

7/8/8 56 OAR
B.S. Logistics from UH, 2.5 gpa
Secret Clearance
2 years NROTC
Just started flying lessons, should have ~10 hours by board time.
LOR's from three O-2's, 1 O-3, all pilots

flyer1

didnt get selected for sna bdcp in september up for it again in october. prior service. OIF veteran. private pilot, IFR 100 hours. LORs from high ranking air force officers. 3.1 gpa aviation human factors, 7-8-7 58, security clearance, all that good stuff. good luck to all.

Praying4OCS

pilot
Contributor
Just took my ASTB. 46 5/6/6 I feel I could have done better but I am very happy and confident with what I have got.

Good luck to all!

sesty

Up for OCT Board

22 yrs old, civilian
AQR 5
PFAR 5
FOFAR 5
OAR 47
GPA 2.138 Florida State University B.S. Social Science
LOR's from former professor and former bosses
PRT 85 push ups, 75 curl ups, 12:03
Choice: Pilot

Volunteer work at various churches, coaching little league football team, former captain of my college intramural football and soccer team, member of Tallahassee Boxing, former member of FSU football team, ran track and football in high school. LOR's from previous Navy pilots, bosses, and professors. My GPA might kill me in getting selected.