• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 2020 CEC Board

Dwhite1017

Congrats!!! Was there a ship date to OCS on it for years from now? (I’m direct ascension so a ship date is what I’m waiting on most).

I wonder about if all of our FINSELs went out the 22nd or will all go out around the same time regardless of background check status. I know being old I have lived about 1000 places they have to verify.
No ship date. It just said “Upon completion of your studies, you will be ordered to Officer Candidate School.”

Then it mentioned somewhere in my contract that I would attend the next available OCS class 30-60 days after graduation.

BluelightX97

Thank you both, that makes sense!! I forgot to mention that Dwhite1017 received his FINSEL, so I think that makes him the only one so far to have gotten theirs. Hopefully we all get ours soon then. It's at least a good sign that your AO said you should have received yours already. Maybe that means it is coming very soon.

civilciv

Do you guys have any interview tips for the interview with the Ascensions Officer? As in what questions were asked, how long the actual interview is, etc. I'm current in the process of applying and the last thing in my application process is the interview.

kukuinut

Do you guys have any interview tips for the interview with the Ascensions Officer? As in what questions were asked, how long the actual interview is, etc. I'm current in the process of applying and the last thing in my application process is the interview.

Interview should last about an hour and questions are usually what you might expect from the military. Youtube had some great videos that got me thinking about some of the questions and I wrote down most of my responses to them. Obviously don't make it exactly like a script, but you should definitely have a general idea on how you would respond to the questions. Attire should be exactly the same on how you would go into an in-person interview.

Most people skip this, but the way you manipulate your camera set-up plays a big part on how you are viewed. (I'm assuming that the interview is still online due to COVID). Webcam should be at eye level, background should look nice with good lighting, and you should look at the webcam not the screen. Doesn't matter if it feels weird on your end, makes the interviewer feel like you're making eye contact. You should initiate some test runs and consult some YouTube videos for specifics.

Finally, just relax and take it easy. Interviews are better practiced, but being relaxed will make all the difference.

YaBoi19

I’m a CEC Collegiate who graduated last month and I still don’t have my ship date. Anybody else in the same situation or have any insight into what might be happening? The contract said I’d ship 30-60 days but obviously COVID has had an impact.

exNavyOffRec

Here is a tip, if the AO ask why you want to be an officer don't say because you have a degree and are too good to go enlisted. Yep that actually happened and the AO was a prior enlisted guy, we were all together on a CEC trip for prospective CEC officers and he was telling us what happened after we had dinner, the AO's right there said they won't select that person.

Dwhite1017

You will get a lot of questions in regards to leadership and why you want to join the CEC. Make sure to be very knowledgeable about the CEC, Seabees, etc. Also make sure to have a ton of questions - and be interested. My interview lasted 2 hours because I asked a ton of questions and was genuinely curious... There's only so much you can learn about online so talking with a CEC officer was great for me and I'm sure that he liked to see my interest. My stats were similar to yours, you actually have a better OAR than me so I think you are good on that front - this interview is a lot about presenting yourself as someone who would be a good fit into the community.

civilciv

You will get a lot of questions in regards to leadership and why you want to join the CEC. Make sure to be very knowledgeable about the CEC, Seabees, etc. Also make sure to have a ton of questions - and be interested. My interview lasted 2 hours because I asked a ton of questions and was genuinely curious... There's only so much you can learn about online so talking with a CEC officer was great for me and I'm sure that he liked to see my interest. My stats were similar to yours, you actually have a better OAR than me so I think you are good on that front - this interview is a lot about presenting yourself as someone who would be a good fit into the community.
Did you get picked up? If so, for active duty or the collegiate program?