• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 2020 CEC Board

Mine just said that he "hopes" that we will be able to get our FINSELs and swear in mid-December so I am hoping the same

I’m in the same boat. Waiting on that FINSEL. Haven’t heard anything about a timeline though. My AO had mentioned when he told me I was accepted it would be a month or two. My recruiter is going ahead with fingerprinting (which is part of the background check I believe).

Dwhite1017

Hey guys I noticed that the CEC Collegiate Corner Newsletters are up to date and the November Newsletter has the recent collegiate selectees names listed. This has me thinking that maybe the official results are out and maybe our FINSELs will be sent out soon?

Hey guys I noticed that the CEC Collegiate Corner Newsletters are up to date and the November Newsletter has the recent collegiate selectees names listed. This has me thinking that maybe the official results are out and maybe our FINSELs will be sent out soon?

Hmm, I don't see my name on the newsletter... Hoping this just lists the collegiate acceptances or there was an oversight. Don't think my AO was cruel enough to tell me I was picked up if I really wasn't. @Happychicken was your name posted?

I wanna say that there are four boards (January, March/April, July and October). This is going off of information from recruiters, threads from airwarriors and from the CEC newsletters. It seemed like they accepted around 15-25 each board.

You can see the list of those accepted at the end of the newsletters. For example, for October 2019 boards you can see those accepted in the November 2019 newsletter

Thanks for the link, I’m not in that list either.

Dwhite1017

That's a relief to know, thanks for taking some anxiety off my chest. Might just be from my construction history where verbal notices don't carry as much official weight as written ones...
Yah I'm fairly certain the newsletter is strictly collegiates. Because you and Happychicken are considered Direct Commission right?

Yah I'm fairly certain the newsletter is strictly collegiates. Because you and Happychicken are considered Direct Commission right?

I think you’re right. Because if you look at the numbers there are only like 22 names on that list. And there should have been 40-50 of us total that made it.

Dwhite1017

I think you’re right. Because if you look at the numbers there are only like 22 names on that list. And there should have been 40-50 of us total that made it.
Yup. And if you read the actual newsletters it is clear they are meant for collegiates. They talk a lot about starting the semester strong, spring break, summer classes, etc.

Yup. And if you read the actual newsletters it is clear they are meant for collegiates. They talk a lot about starting the semester strong, spring break, summer classes, etc.

Yup, I'm going straight to OCS. And not to get into semantics, but the header says "CEC Collegiate/OCS New Members". It wasn't clear if it referred to people headed to OCS after graduation or newly picked up candidates.

So I asked my recruiter and the official results are not out yet...

Just curious, is anyone waiting on anything else? My recruiter just sent in for my background check and I’m still waiting for an N3M letter. I’d like to get everything taken care of as soon as possible to not get a delayed OCS date. Don’t know if anyone else is in the same boat.

Just curious, is anyone waiting on anything else? My recruiter just sent in for my background check and I’m still waiting for an N3M letter. I’d like to get everything taken care of as soon as possible to not get a delayed OCS date. Don’t know if anyone else is in the same boat.

When you say background check, do you mean beyond the SF86 forms? And I wouldn't sweat it too much. If CEC is operating like any of the other boards OCS dates are now projected for every accepted candidate (which explains why results have been released slower recently, they have to balance out the OCS slots). So we probably already have have OCS dates, they just haven't been relayed yet. Gotta love the bureaucratic engine that keeps this country rolling....

Just talked to my recruiter and yes, these are minor issues that will not delay a ship to OCS date. Yes that background check for security clearance. I guess they are still calling my references and getting that stuff completed. Also be careful with grumbling about the system, we are going to be officers and they will hold us to extremely high standards.