• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
Just met with the recruiter this morning to start the medical paperwork and I am listed for the SWO boards for October. Nothing as far as SNA/NFO had been listed for next month about who made it and who didn't. At least from what he was looking at.

p_crabb13

Final Select SNA
From what I understand, the October board is the 1st board of the Navy's physcal year. If this is true, then I can only expect that the officers on the board are probably accepting a high number of applicants. I could totally be off base here though.

Lobster

I got bumped from the August boards, and I dont think that Supply has met yet for September (they usually meet at the end of the month), though I am pretty sure that I am going to go SWO.

What would you choose if you were in my position? I want to see what everyone thinks about Supply and SWO...

Personally I'd pick SNA but that's just me, haha sorry I know I'm a smart a$$, but go with whatever you want to do, I've wanted to be an aviator since I was little, whatevery you think you'd enjoy more do that, I don't know much about either except SWO's wear black shoes, but that's just what i hear :D

Lobster

From what I understand, the October board is the 1st board of the Navy's physcal year. If this is true, then I can only expect that the officers on the board are probably accepting a high number of applicants. I could totally be off base here though.

Didn't someone say they are starting to limit the number of applicants? Boom didn't you have gouge on that?

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
There's gouge that they are limiting the number of applicants but nobody has heard what the official number is.

Also I am getting second thoughts about which community I would like to go into. Aviation has always been in my blood and I think it would be awsome to fly anything in the Navy. I also think I've been bitten by the SWO bug as well. I think it would also be neat to preform some of the task and incharge of some of the weapons systems that few get to do. I think the only thing really pushing me to SNA is the fact that you can't predict where you will end up in the SWO community. Not everybody gets Destroyers and I don't think I would be happy if I landed on a mine sweeper.

Lobster

There's gouge that they are limiting the number of applicants but nobody has heard what the official number is.

Also I am getting second thoughts about which community I would like to go into. Aviation has always been in my blood and I think it would be awsome to fly anything in the Navy. I also think I've been bitten by the SWO bug as well. I think it would also be neat to preform some of the task and incharge of some of the weapons systems that few get to do. I think the only thing really pushing me to SNA is the fact that you can't predict where you will end up in the SWO community. Not everybody gets Destroyers and I don't think I would be happy if I landed on a mine sweeper.

I hear there is a pill you can take that kills anything the swo bug leaves after it bites you

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
Alright well I got my ASTB results back!

8/9/8 61

I'm pretty excited, especially since I don't have to worry about taking that damn test ever again. Now I've just got to get my PRT done on Friday and my package will be complete. I'm doubting that it'll get in for the October (maybe even November) boards though. That is unless they split the app limit into BDCP and OCS, then I might get in just because there's a lot less BDCP.

Congrats man, those are REALLY good numbers. As long as you can pull a Good Low on you PRT you should be a shoe in. There are actually a lot of BDCP SNA applicants, probably the same amount going for BDCP and Direct... if you haven't heard, it is a rather popular job.

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
I hear there is a pill you can take that kills anything the swo bug leaves after it bites you

Yeah, but I have this nasty rash...:scared_12

I really think though that I will still stick with Aviation and do whatever it takes to get selected.

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
My scores can't be too bad. Talking with my recruiter this morning he said that the processor sent back one of his applicant's package because they didn't like his test scores but mine made it on through so that, i guess is some what of a good sign.

CalPolyPilot

So I am thoroughly confused and exited beyond belief. Just before the September board, I was told I would have to wait until October. Then around a week ago, right after the September board concluded, I lost my cell phone and have been out of contact with the world, most importantly my recruiter. Anyhow, I was checking my email today and found that I had been Pro Req. for NFO BDCP and my recruiter has been frantically trying to contact me. Apparently, they dropped some APPs. for incompleteness and mine went through. Its definitely a strange way to find out, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the help this site has provided and good luck to everyone else applying.

nugget61

pilot

My recruiter told me yesterday that October will see no more than 50 sna/snfo/swo packages. He didn't know if they're going to change that number after October based on how that goes, but that October is indeed 50.

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
Thanx for the info! Also, take this with a grain of salt, my recruiter had a poster on his wall for FY09 OCS classes. It said 20 classes with a max of 50 candidates for each class.

Didn't someone say they are starting to limit the number of applicants? Boom didn't you have gouge on that?

Yeah but I was never given a number.This is all I know....

My recruiter told me yesterday that October will see no more than 50 sna/snfo/swo packages. He didn't know if they're going to change that number after October based on how that goes, but that October is indeed 50.

This totally sucks. I probably won't make this board. 50 apps on a nationwide level seems like nothing. Bad idea!