• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
I, too, had my application sent in late last week so i'm not very optimistic, but I wanted to know when the next few boards are. I believe there is a november board, however, last year there wasn't a december board, so will that be the case again this year? I've also been told that if you aren't selected that you have to wait 6 months, is that correct??

There should be a November board, I haven't heard anything saying there wouldn't be. I don't know about December though, but I guess the holidays would make it difficult for a board to meet.

The 6 month wait is true, but can be waived if a significant improvement is made to your package (ASTB scores). From what i've heard, the 'significance' is going to be at the opinion of some pre-board (one guy?) as to whether or not the real board will see your package or not.

My package isn't going to be completely sent in by my recruiter until sometime this week, so who knows if i'll get into the Oct or Nov board, especially with all the rollovers from Sept. I'm just hoping it's by the end of the year at this point.

Longhorn

That's why i dont understand why my recruiter told me it's ok for me to try for the october board, even though i went up for the june board? he told me when i first applied there's a 6-month wait before i can reapply, however, he just told me a few weeks ago i need to go up for the october board, and so i have. say i make the october or even november board, will the board look at this now and immediately disqualify me??

nugget61

pilot
That's why i dont understand why my recruiter told me it's ok for me to try for the october board, even though i went up for the june board? he told me when i first applied there's a 6-month wait before i can reapply, however, he just told me a few weeks ago i need to go up for the october board, and so i have. say i make the october or even november board, will the board look at this now and immediately disqualify me??

You can also get around the 6 month wait if you go from applying for BDCP to direct slot or vice versa.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA

Yeah that is strange. I don't really know if it's possible that they won't 'notice' that you didn't wait 6 months, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

eh819

Pro-Rec NFO
Is there anyway to check online or through someone on this site if my application has made it for this month? My recruiter has been out of office for over a week and I would like to know if I made it in.

nugget61

pilot
Is there anyway to check online or through someone on this site if my application has made it for this month? My recruiter has been out of office for over a week and I would like to know if I made it in.

I already asked Wolf to make a post when the tabled list comes out - he or one of the other recruiters on here might be able to help you then. Should be within a week.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
I'm pretty sure it's going to be November for me. My police report check just finished today, so he's going to send it out. It sounds like it's going to big a big month, with the new fiscal year and all, so hopefully the package limit is high, but i'm still doubtful. I'm going to get my MEPS scheduled next week, so at least that'll be over with. Looking forward to seeing this tabled list though. Then we might get a rough idea of what the monthly limit will be.

I already asked Wolf to make a post when the tabled list comes out - he or one of the other recruiters on here might be able to help you then. Should be within a week.

Gents,

The list for SWO and SUPPLY has been posted for OCT, no word on Pilot or NFO as of yet.

LT

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Well, I finally got all my paperwork in and dropped off to my recruiter Wednesday night (after three previous attempts!). It has been a crazy 5 1/2 months. Hopefully this time my app will be accepted and reviewed. My recruiter seems to think that my app will make the October board so here's keeping my fingers crossed.

I know it's a long shot and how competitive the boards are these days but I really feel like I have put together a good solid application and my best foot forward. That's all anyone can really ask. Due to time constraints, this will be my one and only shot at getting accepted to OCS as an Intel and SWO/IP hopeful. I've gone all in and all out on this one. No regrets. At the very least, I can hold my head up high for giving it my best.

Gone for broke!!

exo

Thanks for letting us know about the SWO and SUPPLY list being out. Is it capped? Man... I'm going to be checking this website more than I already do. I know it would only be a month wait till the next board but I have to say, another month feels like 5 years. I just want to get in, get a date for OCS and ship out!

Also, is this list something we can check anywhere or is it only available to the recruiters?

Thanks

SVT_Cobra

Well, I finally got all my paperwork in and dropped off to my recruiter Wednesday night (after three previous attempts!). It has been a crazy 5 1/2 months. Hopefully this time my app will be accepted and reviewed. My recruiter seems to think that my app will make the October board so here's keeping my fingers crossed.

I know it's a long shot and how competitive the boards are these days but I really feel like I have put together a good solid application and my best foot forward. That's all anyone can really ask. Due to time constraints, this will be my one and only shot at getting accepted to OCS as an Intel and SWO/IP hopeful. I've gone all in and all out on this one. No regrets. At the very least, I can hold my head up high for giving it my best.

Gone for broke!!

5.5 months?? I got my packet together in 2 weeks! Just in time to miss the Sept. board they promised me I'd be in!!

great news!

Good news from my OR. I made the October SNA/SNFO boards! Yippee!

Some facts: My application was digitally submitted October 19. OR said he received a confirmation email stating my package had been received and I will be reviewed this month of October. He also said he was told there was still more room (ie. the quota (the amount is still unknown) had not yet been filled). Now only 5 or 6 weeks left til I know!

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
5.5 months?? I got my packet together in 2 weeks! Just in time to miss the Sept. board they promised me I'd be in!!
Well I actually had it done in a bout 2-3 weeks, BUT, apparently my application had all sorts of problems (crazy stuff like my birth certificate had a typo on it and stuff like that), the SF 86 alone was a nightmare due to all the places I have lived here and abroad over the past 7 years, and was returned to me over and over again, delaying the process. Plus my recruiter is brand new and was a bit unfamiliar with parts of the process so we got bogged down at times.

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Good news from my OR. I made the October SNA/SNFO boards! Yippee!

Some facts: My application was digitally submitted October 19. OR said he received a confirmation email stating my package had been received and I will be reviewed this month of October. He also said he was told there was still more room (ie. the quota (the amount is still unknown) had not yet been filled). Now only 5 or 6 weeks left til I know!
Congratulations man, good job! Good luck on getting selected. Is that unfilled quota for all designations or just for SNA?