• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

TTUalumn07

I must have cut that part off

Applying SNA/NFO/SWO

I don't take tests well. That is why my scores don't reflect my current GPA. I'm sure if I took the ASTB over again I could improve but I have never took any test well.

Well isn't GPA based on tests scores? If not then how were y'all graded in school...attendance?

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
I must have cut that part off

Applying SNA/NFO/SWO

I don't take tests well. That is why my scores don't reflect my current GPA. I'm sure if I took the ASTB over again I could improve but I have never took any test well.
you can take the ASTB more than once

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
you can take the ASTB more than once

I know I can take it again, but I'm going to wait and see with this board. I've seen people get picked up with about the same scores as myself.

Well isn't GPA based on tests scores? If not then how were y'all graded in school...attendance?

GPA is not just based on testing. You do know people can do well in school but not take test well. I am one of those people. GPA is calculated from homework, tests, participation, and a lot of other factors. I don't do well on tests so I work hard in the other areas to make up for my lacking in tests. Just because I don't test well doesn't mean I don't know the material and so forth.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
Also my degree is on the management side, not the flying, aeronautics, side so it is possible.

Excuses excuses... I'm kidding, you were probably also a little bit nervous, it is also just kind of weird that your AQR, PFAR, and FOFAR are so different. You OAR should also be 50 minimum, 55 or better is a damn shoe in, especially with your grades. But what the hell do I know, I am going SWO, as long as you submit you have a better chance than someone who doesn't submit. You will almost certainly get picked up for NFO and SWO, maybe we will be SWO buddies one day... but if you have a chance for pilot, GO PILOT!!!!

Good Luck!

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
Excuses excuses... I'm kidding, you were probably also a little bit nervous, it is also just kind of weird that your AQR, PFAR, and FOFAR are so different. You OAR should also be 50 minimum, 55 or better is a damn shoe in, especially with your grades. But what the hell do I know, I am going SWO, as long as you submit you have a better chance than someone who doesn't submit. You will almost certainly get picked up for NFO and SWO, maybe we will be SWO buddies one day... but if you have a chance for pilot, GO PILOT!!!!

Good Luck!

Thanx! I know that I can bring the score up higher. No matter how hard I study or brush up I always do bad on the first go around. My SAT and ACT tests were the same way.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
Thanx! I know that I can bring the score up higher. No matter how hard I study or brush up I always do bad on the first go around. My SAT and ACT tests were the same way.

Well the ASTB is exactly like that ACT/SAT... you take it right now to get into the Navy (College), and then the only time it will ever come back out is when you are talking with other officers and you are comparing your preciouses (ASTB Scores) and that is it. This test means nothing after this, so as long as it is just good enough to get you in. But I would strongly recommend you try to bump up the OAR to 50+, but if you have time on your side submit your package and if it gets denied (which it probably wont for SWO and NFO) then you re-apply. Though if you really want pilot, and that is what you want to do in the Navy, don't settle and take NFO or SWO when you get selected. Though if you are like me, and are just interested in serving your country, take what sounds more exciting to you... in my case SWO. You should be a SWO... I might be a little biased, and I am not even a SWO yet, haha.. I haven't even signed Final Letters. Im just excited to be in the Navy.

Just a quick update. Spoke to my OR today. He said my package is in but he won't know if I "made the board" until mid October. That seemed a bit ridiculous to not know for so long if I even made the board. Has anyone else's recruiter said the same thing?

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
Just a quick update. Spoke to my OR today. He said my package is in but he won't know if I "made the board" until mid October. That seemed a bit ridiculous to not know for so long if I even made the board. Has anyone else's recruiter said the same thing?

Unless your package was submited before the September 15th boards, I would not count on it making it to the October boards, plan for the November... just helping you not get your hopes up, only to have them get shot down.

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
Well the ASTB is exactly like that ACT/SAT... you take it right now to get into the Navy (College), and then the only time it will ever come back out is when you are talking with other officers and you are comparing your preciouses (ASTB Scores) and that is it. This test means nothing after this, so as long as it is just good enough to get you in. But I would strongly recommend you try to bump up the OAR to 50+, but if you have time on your side submit your package and if it gets denied (which it probably wont for SWO and NFO) then you re-apply. Though if you really want pilot, and that is what you want to do in the Navy, don't settle and take NFO or SWO when you get selected. Though if you are like me, and are just interested in serving your country, take what sounds more exciting to you... in my case SWO. You should be a SWO... I might be a little biased, and I am not even a SWO yet, haha.. I haven't even signed Final Letters. Im just excited to be in the Navy.

I've got a few months yet until I can actually ship for OCS so should I get turned down in October I can retake the test and resubmit without it affecting anything me or holding me back.

nugget61

pilot

I sign my package tomorrow, so I'll ask around the office. I hope I can make it too, but I fear we may be in November...

It's really too soon to say, but damnit if I have to wait another month or two, I might just melt from the anxiety. I know we've all been through it at one point or another but I have to say I really don't like this new quota system. I think they should just put me in F/A 18 training starting tomorrow because I'm just that awesome.

Unless your package was submited before the September 15th boards, I would not count on it making it to the October boards, plan for the November... just helping you not get your hopes up, only to have them get shot down.

Where did you get that date from? Is that based on anything official or is it heresay?

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
It's really too soon to say, but damnit if I have to wait another month or two, I might just melt from the anxiety. I know we've all been through it at one point or another but I have to say I really don't like this new quota system. I think they should just put me in F/A 18 training starting tomorrow because I'm just that awesome.

Where did you get that date from? Is that based on anything official or is it heresay?

The SNA/SNFO/SWO/INTEL boards meet on, or around, the 15th of every month. That is pretty common knowledge if you have been looking over AW for awhile now. I only said by the 15th because the new quota system is pushing a lot of people back. There is almost no official documentation on the selection boards, it is a very mysterious process.

Lobster

The SNA/SNFO/SWO/INTEL boards meet on, or around, the 15th of every month. That is pretty common knowledge if you have been looking over AW for awhile now. I only said by the 15th because the new quota system is pushing a lot of people back. There is almost no official documentation on the selection boards, it is a very mysterious process.

Ash did you ever hear about supply?