• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

nugget61

pilot
Will a low College GPA be overlooked by high test scores? Say 7/7/7 - 70?

Also, do the members of the boards take into consideration that you worked full time during school, with several extracurricular activities? (not drinking and getting laid.....ok not only those.)

I have a great job now, with a great firm. Also I am a volunteer Key worker Manager for the United way. I also volunteered for the local Little League, (our team won the championship!! haha), and also I have volunteered to help with the re-election campaign for a State Represenative.

I would like to get some interviews with some Naval/Marine Corps officers....is there any way to set them up?

Did you already get those scores or is that an estimate of what you think you can get?
Your GPA meets the min required, so all you can do now is apply and hope for the best.

TTUalumn07

Did you already get those scores or is that an estimate of what you think you can get?
Your GPA meets the min required, so all you can do now is apply and hope for the best.

Well what I think I can get and what will happen are two different things. I have been studying for a couple weeks, and the material doesn't seem difficult. In the end, I think the time will make or break my score. I have full confidence that I can achieve a higher score, than what I estimate.

I appreciate all the feedback...pray for us down here in Houston!

nugget61

pilot
Well what I think I can get and what will happen are two different things. I have been studying for a couple weeks, and the material doesn't seem difficult. In the end, I think the time will make or break my score. I have full confidence that I can achieve a higher score, than what I estimate.

I appreciate all the feedback...pray for us down here in Houston!

Its not so much the difficulty of the material as it is determining what they are asking, finding the right answer and moving on in the alloted time for each problem. The pace is doable, but if you start slowing down you're going to have some questions that you just didn't have time for.
I suggest getting some practice tests and doing them timed to ensure you can do well given a time limit.
If you're interested, you may want to see how its scored too - 7s across the board and a 70 OAR don't really jive

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
.. 7s across the board and a 70 OAR don't really jive

I'm not so certain of that. My scores were 68 8/7/7 and someone else just posted today that they got a 65 9/9/9, so it would seem that there is a fair amount of wiggle room between the OAR and the aviation sub-scores.

nugget61

pilot
I'm not so certain of that. My scores were 68 8/7/7 and someone else just posted today that they got a 65 9/9/9, so it would seem that there is a fair amount of wiggle room between the OAR and the aviation sub-scores.

Oh of course, abnormalities do occur. I'm just looking at it from a strictly mathematical standpoint: 7's are one standard dev above average and a 70 is 2 full std devs above. Granted people aren't all the same in one ability to the next; its just a rough correlation.

mic

mic,

I just touched on this, but as always nobody knows the number. But my recruiter told me their are 269 slots for pilots this year. So if you divide that by 12, it's approximately 22 per month. I'd imagine they'll review at least 3x or 4x that amount of applications. My recruiter suggested it might somewhere between 50 to 100 per month, but your guess is as good as mine.

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144510

Thanks for the information, just got off the horn with my OR, looks like I will be in OCT also, "granted that they do not have the quota already" he said

Lobster

My paperworks not going to be in for about a week... looks like I might be waiting till Nov... dang

Gets in by the 18th sent by the 26th, if it does take that long I remember getting the last piece of paperwork in and my OR sent it out the next day to get to the july board keep at it you'll make it

nugget61

pilot
sonicboom said:

Is there anything in particular that will take so long? They already have my package app and security app, as well as my LoRs. They emailed out work references today and my old bosses told me that they will try to have those faxed back by tomorrow. I'm not doing MEPS/PRT before the boards and I'll be bringing in my course plans and ID paperwork that they need copies of next week - they said that at that point I can sign the stuff and they should be able to send it off... am I missing something or should I be good to be mailed in early next week?

Lobster

Is there anything in particular that will take so long? They already have my package app and security app, as well as my LoRs. They emailed out work references today and my old bosses told me that they will try to have those faxed back by tomorrow. I'm not doing MEPS/PRT before the boards and I'll be bringing in my course plans and ID paperwork that they need copies of next week - they said that at that point I can sign the stuff and they should be able to send it off... am I missing something or should I be good to be mailed in early next week?

I feel like you should be good to go, I had my package in and done and my recruiter mailed it the day after it was complete, I wouldn't be sweating it just yet you've still got more than two weeks left of the month.

I agree with everything Kurtz said. Just remember you might be the coolest fucking guy with the best package ever, but you're not the only one your recruiter is working on, so stay on him. Sometimes their processors can get a little backed up. Remind him that you're going for aviation and that takes priority over all those SWO and Intel sissies.:D

nugget61

pilot
I agree with everything Kurtz said. Just remember you might be the coolest fucking guy with the best package ever, but you're not the only one your recruiter is working on, so stay on him. Sometimes their processors can get a little backed up. Remind him that you're going for aviation and that takes priority over all those SWO and Intel sissies.:D

Ha, them's fightin' words! Luckily enough for me though, he's only got one other person in the works (supply I think). I'll post stats officially in this thread once I get it all signed and mailed on come Tues or Thurs

Lobster

Haha Jeff?

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC

Dont forget about those sissy Supply guys... those guys are pussys, huh? You arrogant pilot.... Im kidding, though I hope I get to be one of those arrogant Pilots.