• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

BullGator

My package will be in for the Oct boards also, assuming my PRT goes well; I will post the specifics when I'm sure. Good luck gentlemen, it looks like the competition from this site alone is pretty intense (I'm applying SNA). I hope to see you all in OCS or flight school soon enough. The people on AW are awesome. :)

BullGator

I don't know what your recruiter is telling you but you can submit your PRT and meddocs after you've been pro-rec'd. In other words you can apply for the Oct boards w/o PRT and medical.
I wish that was still the case (I believe it was that way a year ago, but many people were showing up to OCS out of shape and rolling/DOR, so they discontinued that procedure). If that was still true I would be up for the Sept boards, but you do need to take the PRT before you can send out your package now (with a minimum of a good-low score). If anyone has recently been pro-rec'ed without doing a PRT first, please let me know on here or by PM. I talked with several people (ORs) and they all seem to be certain that you need to include your PRT. If you don't need it before pro-rec, I would like to know because the longer I wait the better I'll do on it (and I wouldn't want a poor, i.e. good-low, PRT score to weigh my package down).

The MEPS is normally taken after pro-rec, and in my case definitely after pro-rec (OR has the say on this).

The good news for all of us (I think) is that the Oct boards is right after a new fiscal year and according to a couple people on AW, the board usually allows more people to get pro-rec'ed after a new fiscal year. I hope this is also the case.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
PRT must be done before, Security Clearance Checks and MEPS can/will be done after Pro-Rec...

If you think about it they really started filling FY09 slots months ago, and this is the case each and every year. Think of this like DEPS for enlisted, they are looking for people to fill slots in the future, say a few months out. So the FY09 slots probably started in June or so, and one can argue that they actually started 3 years ago when the Technical BDCP applicants were selected and are graduating at the end of this semester. What might help is that budgeting doesn't go through until Oct 1, 2008... which may or may not be a determining factor for the people coming in early.

My OR also advised me that recently they decided to tighten up on the number of applicants they are seeing for selection boards, and if your package wasn't early enough, you get bumped to the next board (happened to me with the August boards). I think they are trying to get a steady stream of applicants throughout the year, instead of a flood of people all at once.

Just my two cents... back to Accounting Homework.

I talked with several people (ORs) and they all seem to be certain that you need to include your PRT.

What my recruiter told me here at NRD Philadelphia is neither PRT nor MEPS need to be included for the PRO-REC but he mentioned that this policy is regional and varies by NRD. He mentioned that his previous boss was requiring PRT and MEPS to be sent in with FINDDOCS but that his old boss left and their new boss is allowing them to send PRT and MEPS after the PRO-REC. I don't want to give bad gouge because I am not a recruiter, so your best bet is to take your own recruiter's word. I'm taking mine and waiting til the PRO-REC to send in the other stuff.

do you know of an approx. number they are "tightening up" to :D

mic,

I just touched on this, but as always nobody knows the number. But my recruiter told me their are 269 slots for pilots this year. So if you divide that by 12, it's approximately 22 per month. I'd imagine they'll review at least 3x or 4x that amount of applications. My recruiter suggested it might somewhere between 50 to 100 per month, but your guess is as good as mine.

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144510

nugget61

pilot
With regards to the PRT/MEPS before the boards - I heard the same as boom - I am submitting for October with neither of these done - no reason for why he is waiting on MEPS, other than the cost if I don't final select, and he said there is some kind of liability if I get hurt during the PRT if I've yet to go to MEPS ... so I wait for a hopeful pro-rec before either.

TTUalumn07

Will a low College GPA be overlooked by high test scores? Say 7/7/7 - 70?

Also, do the members of the boards take into consideration that you worked full time during school, with several extracurricular activities? (not drinking and getting laid.....ok not only those.)

I have a great job now, with a great firm. Also I am a volunteer Key worker Manager for the United way. I also volunteered for the local Little League, (our team won the championship!! haha), and also I have volunteered to help with the re-election campaign for a State Represenative.

I would like to get some interviews with some Naval/Marine Corps officers....is there any way to set them up?

Will a low College GPA be overlooked by high test scores? Say 7/7/7 - 70?

Also, do the members of the boards take into consideration that you worked full time during school, with several extracurricular activities? (not drinking and getting laid.....ok not only those.)

I have a great job now, with a great firm. Also I am a volunteer Key worker Manager for the United way. I also volunteered for the local Little League, (our team won the championship!! haha), and also I have volunteered to help with the re-election campaign for a State Represenative.

I would like to get some interviews with some Naval/Marine Corps officers....is there any way to set them up?

Shit man, you didn't drink or get laid in college? We don't want you in the Navy anyway then.

Anyway, rest assured that nothing is overlooked. If your GPA sucks (how bad is it?) the relative strength of the rest of your package can certainly help to balance it out, but nobody on the board is going to completely ignore your GPA. It all plays into the "whole person concept". Talk to an officer recruiter about setting up interviews. Not every community requires it. I believe it's required for Nukes but not for pilots.

TTUalumn07

I said not ONLY those....haha I have some good stories...shit I miss it. Shit I'm surprised I'm not a father haha.

Yeah I know overlook was a strong word....It was 2.55 GPA BA Business Economics.

But I'm a freakin Financial Analyst for a top engineering firm, working on one of the biggest projects since the company has been around!!

I can get some good LOR's too (State Rep.-who is also a Chief Medical Officer at Memorial Hermann here in Houston, former employer managers, maybe a former professor, and a vice president of wealth management for Merrill Lynch. But I think having a Retired or current Officer would benefit me greatly.