• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Well I was planning on applying to the October board but I don't know if I will be able to make it. I've been thrown in a few loops trying to get my ASTB taken care of, and now my recruiter is booked after 2 weeks of being away. I've contacted my NRD and left 3 messages but only received 1 call back so it looks like i'm waiting for my recruiter to have a spot open for me.

In the event that I can get it done soon enough to have my results back in time to submit, here's the rest of my info:

BDCP - SNA Only
21 years old
3.3 GPA Aerospace Engineering @ UCF (2 years left)
No PRT yet (During summer I was at about 10:30 / 65 / 65)
3+ Years Internship w/ General Dynamics (incl. Clearance)
LORs: Family friend, professor, 4 coworkers
1.5 Flight Hours
Misc:
-4 years HS Lacrosse, 1 yr as captain
-100+ community service hours
-National Honor Society for 2 years in HS
-Lead Scholars, 1 year college
-Students for the Exploration & Development of Space (SEDS), college
-American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), college

I'm hoping to get the ASTB done, I really don't want to watch another board go by without me in it!

Good luck to all of you

Well I was planning on applying to the October board but I don't know if I will be able to make it. I've been thrown in a few loops trying to get my ASTB taken care of, and now my recruiter is booked after 2 weeks of being away. I've contacted my NRD and left 3 messages but only received 1 call back so it looks like i'm waiting for my recruiter to have a spot open for me.

In the event that I can get it done soon enough to have my results back in time to submit, here's the rest of my info:

BDCP - SNA Only
21 years old
3.3 GPA Aerospace Engineering @ UCF (2 years left)
No PRT yet (During summer I was at about 10:30 / 65 / 65)
3+ Years Internship w/ General Dynamics (incl. Clearance)
LORs: Family friend, professor, 4 coworkers
1.5 Flight Hours
Misc:
-4 years HS Lacrosse, 1 yr as captain
-100+ community service hours
-National Honor Society for 2 years in HS
-Lead Scholars, 1 year college
-Students for the Exploration & Development of Space (SEDS), college
-American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), college

I'm hoping to get the ASTB done, I really don't want to watch another board go by without me in it!

Good luck to all of you

Barring a bad ASTB score, I'd say it looks like the rest of your package is pretty solid. Good luck. Just study study study. With your experience at GenDym and your college major it should be cake.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Barring a bad ASTB score, I'd say it looks like the rest of your package is pretty solid. Good luck. Just study study study. With your experience at GenDym and your college major it should be cake.

Thanks for the boost in confidence. I studied for a good month over the summer expecting to take it before class started up, but now i'm head first into 5 engineering courses and studying for anything other than that is nearly impossible. I think i've got all the concepts down enough to do well though, and if not i'll apply anyways and study/retake over Christmas break, then reapply. The good thing about being 8 years from the age limit is that time is definitely in my favor, but of course the sooner the better.

jdbryan

I am applying for the October board. Long awaited.

My stats:

Applying (1) AMDO (2) Supply

- 31 year old male
- ASTB: 4/5/4 - 47 (not that great i know, but best i could do under circumstances
- 3.39 GPA - Wayland Baptist University. (two more classes to go should bring me up to 3.5 or summa cum laude - Presidents list three semesters in a row.
- LOR's: (1) My wing commander (O-6) (2) Assistant Dean (ret. O-6) (3) Commander (O-4) and three personal friends (2 special agents and an O-3)
- Currently enlisted 6 years Air Force - All excellent Evaluation Performance Reports
- Decorations and Deployments.
- no prior flight experience

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Just got off the phone with my OR and I will be taking the ASTB next Tuesday the 16th. I'll let you all know how it turns out, but that leaves me waiting for results for about a week, and then another week to finalize my package. So it might be possible, we'll see!

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Just got off the phone with my OR and I will be taking the ASTB next Tuesday the 16th. I'll let you all know how it turns out, but that leaves me waiting for results for about a week, and then another week to finalize my package. So it might be possible, we'll see!

Are you taking the paper version?

If you take it on the computer and things go smoothly the results pop up when you're done with it.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Are you taking the paper version?

If you take it on the computer and things go smoothly the results pop up when you're done with it.

Nope, I gotta do it the old fashioned way. I tried to go the computer route but nobody in Jacksonville wanted to call me back.

Veovis

PRO REC SNA!

I'm RE-taking mine Monday... We should compete :D I pulled a 5,6,5 53 my first time in June... Anyway good luck to ya. Oh and if you know of any good gouge on the boat knowledge PM me cause I still don't know my @$$ from my elbow on that part:confused:

ThreeGreen

pilot
It feels like I've done this before (Sept.)... I should be good to go this time though.

Applying SNA Oct.
23/male
8/8/8 64
3.2 GPA, B.A. Marketing
Good-Medium PRT
LOR's: O-7 Pilot Ret., O-4 Doctor Ret, College Prof.
Misc: Com/Inst Pilot 550 hrs.

I looked over my app again today and realized I have to write NONE for Scholarships/Awards. That's going to hurt. I also took a couple of online courses through the local community college and my transcript from them shows a 1.5 GPA. Hopefully that doesn't stick out too bad.

Good luck all.

Nemenik

potential.
I asked about the computer test in San Diego, but they said they only do paper. This was back in March when I took the ASTB so I guess I always found it funny to hear about people taking the computer version. I always liked scantrons.. (ugly little bubble fill-ins..)

ThreeGreen

pilot
Nope, I gotta do it the old fashioned way. I tried to go the computer route but nobody in Jacksonville wanted to call me back.

I had to do the paper version. I remember finding out within a few days. My recruiter even bought me lunch, not a bad afternoon... Best of luck, I'm sure you will be fine. Just skim through the book and try not to dwell on stuff.

nugget61

pilot
Just skimmed the thread again - are patrick, boom and myself the only ones so far going for bdcp? I know its really early, but I'm still kinda surprised

Just skimmed the thread again - are patrick, boom and myself the only ones so far going for bdcp? I know its really early, but I'm still kinda surprised

Boom isn't BDCP, I graduated in May 08. Just straight civvie to OCS. No filler all killer baby.

It feels like I've done this before (Sept.)... I should be good to go this time though.

Applying SNA Oct.
23/male
8/8/8 64
3.2 GPA, B.A. Marketing
Good-Medium PRT
LOR's: O-7 Pilot Ret., O-4 Doctor Ret, College Prof.
Misc: Com/Inst Pilot 550 hrs.

I looked over my app again today and realized I have to write NONE for Scholarships/Awards. That's going to hurt. I also took a couple of online courses through the local community college and my transcript from them shows a 1.5 GPA. Hopefully that doesn't stick out too bad.

Good luck all.

yuck. can you delay your application until November perhaps?