• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oct 27th

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
An Ensign that just graduated told me he stayed at the Chalet, but its probably no better than the Gateway. Do you know how much they charge or if the Navy will cover it? Sorry for hitting you with so many questions.
It's not covered, per se, but you do get reimbursed for your travel. For "home students," which refers to non-prior applicants who are not part of a collegiate program (BDCP, NUPOC, or similar), you get a flat-rate mileage and a per diem for every travel day the Navy thinks you'll need. Take your travel distance and divide by 350 (then round up) and that's how many travel days you'll get paid for. That should show up in your first paycheck, and the per diem should be more than a room at the Chalet/Lodge/Gateway costs. Plus, the mileage should more than reimburse you for gas, unless you're driving there in a Humvee.

rawhide 26

pilot
Just got word that I was assigned this class, but still waiting on a final select letter/ signature. But with government shut downs... I could be pushed back. Freaking out a little bit. Male 24/ Pilot

Bob Windham

A rare mix of inspired action and humility.
Just got word that I was assigned this class, but still waiting on a final select letter/ signature. But with government shut downs... I could be pushed back. Freaking out a little bit. Male 24/ Pilot
Welcome to the club! I heard the same news about a possible delay to NOV. No need to freak out, it'll all work out.

Hookedonkristy

Welcome to the club! I heard the same news about a possible delay to NOV. No need to freak out, it'll all work out.

Hello all, I too will be in this class. Who are yall hearing delay from? Bob, in regards to what you said, are you referring to yourself being delayed or the class?

Bob Windham

Hello all, I too will be in this class. Who are yall hearing delay from? Bob, in regards to what you said, are you referring to yourself being delayed or the class?

Great! Nothing is set in stone regarding a delay. It's just word around the campfire regarding the potential for a delay, as (what I have been told is that) nearly everything for all officer training programs is temporarily on hold. The tone of conversation led me to believe that it could involve a general delay for either an entire class, or an unspecified portion thereof. The next step is difficult to predict, and this is why most people hate rumors and hearsay, but because the situation is dynamic and fluid, I thought that it would be worth sharing. However, my OR has been awesome about keeping his candidates updated regarding changes, and his guidance has been spot on thus far. He strongly suggested that I continue to prepare and plan to leave on 26OCT as scheduled, until otherwise notified, so I would humbly suggest that we all do the same. Have you squared away your lodging for the 26th?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
C'mon... the freakin' "freaking out" lamp is not lit! Y'all may/may not be delayed somewhat by the fiscal mess, but going hyper over it will only make the delay worse. The people who have been furloughed or laid off have it much tougher, as they have to worry about feeding families, and paying bills & mortgages. Fill the delay time with something useful: study OCS gouges, tweak (not twerk), your PT, volunteer at a community hospital or gasp... an assisted living home, tutoring at your Elementary or HS.:)

As long as you are in the Navy, you will be required to 'hurry up and wait' for unforeseen delays, especially throughout flight training. The frequent delays you've faced since first applying, can be considered OJT for life in the fleet!;)
BzB

Hookedonkristy

Bob, yes I reserved myself a room last week, at the Gateway. I have orders, final select, and plane ticket in hand. Special detailer two days ago said everything should stay on schedule. NPC said the same, I'm currently AD, regarding transfer on time. Do you have your final select, and plane ticket yet?

Bob Windham

Awesome! I don't have orders or a plane ticket yet. I do have the FINSEL letter though, which is good. I'm staying at Gateway as well.

Garrett S.

I was told about the same thing. Don't expect a change, but be prepared for the possibility. The military even with a perfectly functional budget changes constantly.

Bob Windham

Just heard back from OCS. They expect that our class will begin as scheduled, but to standby for details surrounding airfare for applicable candidates.

Hookedonkristy

I was just about to post the same message..Members of this class. Would you please PM me your email address, so we an exchange phone numbers. It would be a good idea to maybe have a small get together before we check in to OCS Sunday morning. Look forward to meeting everyone soon. Have a great day!