• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Washouts (Specific Stories)

sanders

OCS is competitive, but you should still do all you can to help out your fellow candidates. This will boost your peer evals and will make your time at OCS more enjoyable since you will be closer to your classmates. There is ZERO tolerance for integrity violations. An example... 5 guys in my buddies platoon were kicked out for meeting with an active duty Marine on liberty which was strictly forbidden. When questioned about it they lied and said it never happened. Also, one of the guys in my company fell asleep during a class. When asked later on if he fell asleep he said no. He was gone within a day or two.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
my company had two candidates (male and female) who were married and were sneaking out during lights out to meet on the quarterdeck and pass notes. When confronted about it, they lied. Both were kicked out for fraternization and integrity. Rumor was that when they went before the CO, they both tried to throw the other under the bus....Fucking idiots.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
my company had two candidates (male and female) who were married and were sneaking out during lights out to meet on the quarterdeck and pass notes. When confronted about it, they lied. Both were kicked out for fraternization and integrity. Rumor was that when they went before the CO, they both tried to throw the other under the bus....Fucking idiots.

haha. Sounds like they deserve each other. I wonder how many of these people who got kicked out for being shit heads go home and tell their friends that they "decided" not to do it anymore, or that they had better offers, or something like that.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
If you couldn't go on liberty with an active duty Marine, then my Plt should have been fucked, because I hung out with several PLC types and Midshipmen on liberty.

Just to add to the whole accountability thing: Don't think that if Candidate Chucklehead heads off to medical for a followup appointment without checking out with you first that you are going to get kicked out for integrity when you don't know where the hell he is. You will probably get yelled at a lot, and depending on your reaction to that it could spell trouble for you in the future (eg: getting a high visibility Company billet), but it won't get you kicked out outright.

The staff understands that candidates are stressed and mostly not too experienced and are going to "give false reports."

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
If you couldn't go on liberty with an active duty Marine, then my Plt should have been fucked, because I hung out with several PLC types and Midshipmen on liberty.

They seemed to stress this a lot while I was Seniors. They stated that the only active duty Marines you could hang out with on Libo were family members.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor

Just to add to the whole accountability thing: Don't think that if Candidate Chucklehead heads off to medical for a followup appointment without checking out with you first that you are going to get kicked out for integrity when you don't know where the hell he is. You will probably get yelled at a lot, and depending on your reaction to that it could spell trouble for you in the future (eg: getting a high visibility Company billet), but it won't get you kicked out outright.

The staff understands that candidates are stressed and mostly not too experienced and are going to "give false reports."

You wont get kicked out for someones elses faults, but you're right its how you reacted to it. IF you have good intentions and screw it up it can get you an ass chewing but big picture not that much. But if you're the one messing it up, then it will lead to something bad. We had some people lie about a report and they went home. THats the only reason I bring it up.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
They seemed to stress this a lot while I was Seniors. They stated that the only active duty Marines you could hang out with on Libo were family members.

Eh, I guess I was unintentionally vague. I meant that I was active-duty when I went through OCS as a candidate.

Zbone8762

Well, that is sort of a problem. As my Plt Sgt told me, "Inspect what you expect". Giving a false report either intentionally (you fucked up and didnt get the count or were too lazy) or accidently (shit happens) is a big problem.

I noticed this was forgiven somewhat at OCS (key word- somewhat). At TBS and later in the fleet - this is the #1 ticket to a boot out the door. -Especially with serialized items.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
5 guys in my buddies platoon were kicked out for meeting with an active duty Marine on liberty which was strictly forbidden.

They stated that the only active duty Marines you could hang out with on Libo were family members.

Curiosity question, why can't you hang out with active duty Marines off duty? Seems like a strange rule to me.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Curiosity question, why can't you hang out with active duty Marines off duty? Seems like a strange rule to me.

Its just their fraternization policy. No associating with active duty Marines or engaging in a romantic relationship with fellow Candidates. Its only while in a Candidate status. Once you graduate, you just abide by the normal UCMJ policy.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Flash: I'm not really 100% sure of the reasoning, but the main issue is students who are at TBS hanging out with OCS candidates they knew prior to commissioning.

Why this is verboten is beyond me, maybe it has something to do with the frat policy and the fact that candidates are considered active duty (someone correct me on this if I am wrong), therefore they do not want candidates fraternizing with officers any more than LCpl's fraternizing with officers.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flash: I'm not really 100% sure of the reasoning, but the main issue is students who are at TBS hanging out with OCS candidates they knew prior to commissioning.

The utter horror!

Why this is verboten is beyond me, maybe it has something to do with the frat policy and the fact that candidates are considered active duty (someone correct me on this if I am wrong), therefore they do not want candidates fraternizing with officers any more than LCpl's fraternizing with officers.

Hmmmm, sounds like a typical USMC policy.