• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Washouts (Specific Stories)

AZ_SNAFU

Anyone care to share some specific stories about how some people got washed out of OCS for sucking? Do most people seem to DOR or are they kicked out?

Also, what was the toughest part of training?

AZ_SNAFU

most wash outs are for integrity violaters, injuries, and DOR

What are the integrity violations over? Do they really catch candidates outright lying or is it more of a "to the best of my knowledge xxxx is true" and they turn out to be wrong?

MightyMax56

Plopter Pilot
pilot
its mainly for candidates that cheat on tests and people who out right lie about stupid things plus the fact that they're a shit bag

AJB37

I was NPQ'd in the 8th week, I hurt my knee was on light duty for two days then convinced the Corpsman to put back on full duty so that I could run the the E-course and then hurt my knee again on the E-course that same day an was put on light duty for about a week then sent home. But I'm going back in the summer so I don't call myself a wash out.

In my platoon we had two guys kicked out for integrity. One was caught cheating on a test, the other was caught in a lie about a relationship with a female candidate, but I don't know all the facts on that so I can't really say much more.

We had one guy who just didn't adjust well and was kicked out at the week 5 boards. Another candidate failed to many tests.

After I left, my buddies still there told me about a candidate from my platoon who got kicked out 2 days before commissioning because he had a really shitty attitude.

Also within the first week we lost 4 or 5 guys due to medical stuff and any other assortment of reasons.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
If you're trying to learn the system and what not to do: just show up, be prepared to give your best, do not be selfish with your time, do not lie. Always do everything with good intent. If you mean well and truly f somethign up, you'll be ok. But if you have a bad track record then you're going to start running into trouble. Show up in peak physical and health condition.

If you're asking because you want to hear stories about D-Bags, well dont knock it until you tried it. OCS will teach you a few things about yourself. Its not for everybody. Then theres the times where your body will betray you. You can be in the best shape possible and sometimes things just go snap. Do your best to maximize the odds though and kick ass all the way through

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I remember a lot of guys getting kicked out for just overall poor performance over time. One (fat) candidate showed up and at our initial little "who you are speech" told us all he was a Force Recon Marine in the reserves...then he failed to navigate the first bar on the O-Course. After that performance they locked on to him until he eventually was dropped. Another guy (who I don't think should have been dropped IMHO) was giving it 100%, but just didn't quite have it all together yet and was eventually boarded and dropped.

There was an active duty MECEP who I went through MECEP-Prep with that basically got railroaded out. He didn't fail anything particularly, but he was dropped within the first 2 weeks. I later found out that the Company Commander was his MOI at his school, so I wonder if that factored into it or not.

Under Col. Chase, people were dropping like flies, so it is hard to even remember them all. It is apparently different now under the new CO.

Slammer2

Contributor
...people were dropping like flies, so it is hard to even remember them all. It is apparently different now under the new CO.

One of the guys in my platoon kept a book with the names of people who got dropped. Someone in class before told him to do this just as an experiment to see if even halfway through you could remember the people who got dropped. We couldnt remember a lot of them.

AZ_SNAFU

If you're trying to learn the system and what not to do: just show up, be prepared to give your best, do not be selfish with your time, do not lie. Always do everything with good intent. If you mean well and truly f somethign up, you'll be ok. But if you have a bad track record then you're going to start running into trouble. Show up in peak physical and health condition.

That's exactly what I was fishing for. The reason I asked for specifics is because I learned a long time ago that taking broad, general terms to heart can end up being pretty misleading. In other words, I wouldn't want to go to OCS and get washed out for an integrity violation that was out of my control. For example:
DI: is everyone in your platoon present
ME: Yes GunnySGT xxx
Candidate Assbag (off in the distance, unbeknown to me): Wait for me
DI: Pack yer shit, civilian

In other words, I was worried that they might purposely try to weed out numbers rather than individual people.

Slammer2

Contributor
...(off in the distance, unbeknown to me)...

Well, that is sort of a problem. As my Plt Sgt told me, "Inspect what you expect". Giving a false report either intentionally (you fucked up and didnt get the count or were too lazy) or accidently (shit happens) is a big problem. Do not be the guy who screws up the numbers. Know where everyone is at all times when you have a billet. THeres a system to it. Its not as hard as it might sound from the outside, but you need to stick to it and not get complacent.