• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Opuntia

Looks like you’re SOL, because the link works. It appears Thai internet doesn’t want you to FB.
Just tried the link now and it works for me.

Also, @Ronin88 — the PRT standards link on your (very helpful) YouTube page list 450m and 500m timed swims. I haven't heard this mentioned by anyone before. Do we need to train-lapswim before ? Thanks !

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
...the PRT standards link on your (very helpful) YouTube page list 450m and 500m timed swims. I haven't heard this mentioned by anyone before. Do we need to train-lapswim before ? Thanks !

What? Where are you seeing he put that on his YouTube? The links to the swim information (where it says 50 yard swim) on his Swim Qual video (in which he also says 50 yard swim). It is also on the official OCS website as 50 yards: https://www.public.navy.mil/netc/NSTC/otcn/ocs_physical_fitness.aspx

Opuntia

What? Where are you seeing he put that on his YouTube? The links to the swim information (where it says 50 yard swim) on his Swim Qual video (in which he also says 50 yard swim). It is also on the official OCS website as 50 yards: https://www.public.navy.mil/netc/NSTC/otcn/ocs_physical_fitness.aspx
It's on his YouTube page itself.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
It's on his YouTube page itself.
I subscribe to his channel and I just don't see that anywhere; it's a moot point though. The swim qualification at OCS is a 3rd class. 50 yards, any stroke. I think you can even switch up your stroke while doing it.

rockthearts281

meh, worst case scenario, we die.
I was just looking through the OTC FB and noticed that after class 02-19, you don't see the poopie suits in pictures anymore. Did they phase them out?

BSchroth

Any recommendations on items to buy before you head to OCS? I heard 2-3 pairs of boot socks, any other items that will save time and sweet?

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
  • at least 6 pairs of boot socks
  • Baby wipes (this will be your shower after PT)
  • And as a dude, you'll probably want to make sure to bring a very good razor and quality shaving cream because of the requirement of shaving your face every morning.

Matty Morocco

Any recommendations on items to buy before you head to OCS? I heard 2-3 pairs of boot socks, any other items that will save time and sweet?
I think they still allow an electric razor. If they do, bring that too. Use them both. There really wasn't time for a good shave in the morning and our RDC would check every morning at chow so I would shave the night before with the razor and then hit it again with the buzzer in the morning.

6+ good boot socks. You will be so happy to take off the nasty set that you might change socks midday. Also, you don't want to do laundry any more than you have to, so extra sets means extra days off laundry.

Bring a plastic clipboard. Bring two. Your bed will be beautiful and your roommate will love you.

BSchroth

I think they still allow an electric razor. If they do, bring that too. Use them both. There really wasn't time for a good shave in the morning and our RDC would check every morning at chow so I would shave the night before with the razor and then hit it again with the buzzer in the morning.

6+ good boot socks. You will be so happy to take off the nasty set that you might change socks midday. Also, you don't want to do laundry any more than you have to, so extra sets means extra days off laundry.

Bring a plastic clipboard. Bring two. Your bed will be beautiful and your roommate will love you.

Plastic clip board? not sure i understand.