• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Status FY 13

exNavyOffRec

@NavyOffRec
I am still in the process of getting my package together. I still need to take my ASTB but my local testing center has their machines down for a few weeks. Assuming the previous PDF is no longer valid for the Pilot boards, when would you recommend for me to have my whole package put together and ready? I have been postponing taking the ASTB for more studying time but it seems like I am getting relatively close to the upcoming application submission windows.

I would say plan for submitting everything by 1 November, and then be flexible.

BDfan88

I would say plan for submitting everything by 1 November, and then be flexible.
How do you put down volunteering on the application? Is the exact number of volunteer hours required? Or you just put down that you've volunteered for an organization such as a church?

SeaHawk2011

FinSel SWO
How do you put down volunteering on the application? Is the exact number of volunteer hours required? Or you just put down that you've volunteered for an organization such as a church?

I put volunteering in my motivational statement and in the question about extracurricular activities.

NavyOffRec,
Is there any way to predict within a month or two what the OCS class date for a specific community would be? For example, I can't go to OCS before January (don't get my degree until December), but it sounded like FY13 spots were really filling up. It seems logical to me that this would cause my class date to be later into 2013, perhaps April or May? I was pro rec for NFO from the July board. Thanks for any insight!
Can anyone hit on this topic? There's lots of guys sitting around waiting on FS letters and I've heard of a few guys from the July board getting a December OCS date, then others say the early 2013 classes are nearly full and we should expect February or later.

NavyOffRec - Any good rumors floating around on what dates are still available this year and what's beginning to fill for 2013?

exNavyOffRec

Can anyone hit on this topic? There's lots of guys sitting around waiting on FS letters and I've heard of a few guys from the July board getting a December OCS date, then others say the early 2013 classes are nearly full and we should expect February or later.

NavyOffRec - Any good rumors floating around on what dates are still available this year and what's beginning to fill for 2013?

You have people that are NUPOC who graduate in December and there are still some BDCP that graduate in December as well, any December graduates for those programs will go in the first classes of 2013 because they are being paid, generally you see the first class or two of the new year taken up with those, but not always.

They had people from the April board getting November OCS dates as well, so the ones from July that are going before the end of the year are the lucky ones.

exNavyOffRec

I checked BUPERS and saw that I was professionally recommended for 1190. The board met on September 14. When should the board results be posted?

If it is on BUPERS the list has been released, it is just getting to the right person that has it, you should get your orders around 3 months prior to OCS, I believe in the past most of the EOD guys went early in the year Jan/Feb/Mar

nageushcin

If it is on BUPERS the list has been released, it is just getting to the right person that has it, you should get your orders around 3 months prior to OCS, I believe in the past most of the EOD guys went early in the year Jan/Feb/Mar
so that means I have been selected?

exNavyOffRec

so that means I have been selected?

well, normally yes, however I have doubts with the people that input the data into BUPERS, pro rec and pro board are 2 different things that they have screwed up before, if you PM me your name I can have your name looked up tomorrow.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,
An word on when the CWE board wil be held? And is SWO options still scheduled for spring of 2013?

CWE is rolling, that means they are sent to the community as they are rec'd, but this community is notorious for saying no, they actually missed goal before because they didn't like who they were sent. They look for high GPA's in computer science or something similar.

SWO options is unknown, submit and see when they have the board, I am hearing 2 different things, that means at NRC one group doesn't want the board and one does, usually when this happens and the board is help bad things happen, such as people waiting 2 years to go to OCS.

USAF_WX2USN

CWE is rolling, that means they are sent to the community as they are rec'd, but this community is notorious for saying no, they actually missed goal before because they didn't like who they were sent. They look for high GPA's in computer science or something similar.

SWO options is unknown, submit and see when they have the board, I am hearing 2 different things, that means at NRC one group doesn't want the board and one does, usually when this happens and the board is help bad things happen, such as people waiting 2 years to go to OCS.

Maybe I'm one of the rare few, but even if I had to wait 2yrs to go to OCS after being selected I would be happy. It's been my dream to be an officer in the military from the time I enlisted, so being selected would be amazing, even if I have to wait.

But, I can definitely understand the frustration with that occurring.... I'm hoping to get my package completed after my ASTB next week and go from there.

exNavyOffRec

Maybe I'm one of the rare few, but even if I had to wait 2yrs to go to OCS after being selected I would be happy. It's been my dream to be an officer in the military from the time I enlisted, so being selected would be amazing, even if I have to wait.

But, I can definitely understand the frustration with that occurring.... I'm hoping to get my package completed after my ASTB next week and go from there.

Some additional info, due to people dropping off, yet again they will hold a small pilot/nfo/swo board early December, they have said they are going to be very selective.

There is also going to be some SWO options picked but I didn't write down that date, as well very selective as they only need single digits, very specific, for IP/IW hard science, for Oceano they want either a BS in Meterology or Oceanography.

USAF_WX2USN

Some additional info, due to people dropping off, yet again they will hold a small pilot/nfo/swo board early December, they have said they are going to be very selective.

There is also going to be some SWO options picked but I didn't write down that date, as well very selective as they only need single digits, very specific, for IP/IW hard science, for Oceano they want either a BS in Meterology or Oceanography.

Thanks for the update!!! I'm taking my ASTB tomorrow and I hope to get the ball rolling from there.