• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Status FY 13

USAF_WX2USN

New numbers status as of today, and this explains the Pilot/NFO/SWO board in December.

If a person is applying for Pilot or NFO you should have an excellent chance as they need many for FY13 and some for FY14.
IDC should now pick some for EVERY designator in February since they will pick some for FY14 as well but those with tech degrees will have the best shot.
One thing that happened the beginning of this years is goals went down, it is possible that goal adjustments could do the same thing, so like this year people could get pushed to another FY

SWO goal of 151, 150 identified
Surface ED goal of 3, 6 identified CLOSED FY13
Surface IP goal of 6, 4 identified
Surface Oceano goal of 5, 4 identified
Surface IW goal of 5, 4 identified
NFO goal of 119, 40 identified
Pilot goal of 309, 207 identified
EDO(SEGA) goal of 0, CLOSED FY13
AMDO goal of 7, 3 identified
IP goal of 0, 1 identified CLOSED FY13
IW goal of 14, 13 identified (this clears the backlog)
Intel goal of 18, 18 identified CLOSED FY13 (this clears the backlog)
PAO goal of 1, 0 identified only taking apps from those on AD
Oceano goal of 2, 1 identified
Cyberwarfare goal of 3, 2 identified
Supply goal of 77, 70 identified
CEC goal of 58, 52 identified

Thanks for the gouge as always! I'm assuming these are the numbers for FY13? Any numbers on FY14 since they will pick on the IDC board?

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the gouge as always! I'm assuming these are the numbers for FY13? Any numbers on FY14 since they will pick on the IDC board?

It does not, goals for FY14 won't come out for nearly a year, if I remember correctly they can pick up to 50% of next FY goal based on current FY goal

fedman28

I know this is a random question but I have been searching all over this site for a thread that list the people that got Pro Rec'd and what their stats were but I can't find to for anything now can some one please help.

Thanks in advance

Crain

OCS Nov 11th Pro-Rec SNA July 2012
I know this is a random question but I have been searching all over this site for a thread that list the people that got Pro Rec'd and what their stats were but I can't find to for anything now can some one please help.

Thanks in advance

Recently, there really isn't one thread that everyone posts their stats on. Most only post on the thread for the board that they are applying for. Look through those threads or on peoples profiles and you will find most peoples stats who wanted to post them.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor

Thanks in advance
You might wanna check out this thread: http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/july-boards.39058/
It's the thread for people who applied to the July Boards. For the most part, all the stats are in the beginning of the thread and all the pro-rec's are closer to the end, so you might have to search around a bit for some of them, but some of them also re-posted their stats when they got the pro-rec to make it easier to see who had what stats.

nombrescreeno

Couple of questions... I took the ASTB 3 years ago (wow, time sure did fly) and got great scores. Are those scores still valid today? I recall they were talking about a new ASTB back then, but it doesn't sound like they've actually implemented that yet

Also, looking at the board schedule, I know it's too late to get paper work in for the December SNA/SNFO boards -- have they ever considered opening another board in say April or somethign like that, or is July going to be the next one for sure? Would love to know what kind of timetable I should look at

exNavyOffRec

Couple of questions... I took the ASTB 3 years ago (wow, time sure did fly) and got great scores. Are those scores still valid today? I recall they were talking about a new ASTB back then, but it doesn't sound like they've actually implemented that yet

Also, looking at the board schedule, I know it's too late to get paper work in for the December SNA/SNFO boards -- have they ever considered opening another board in say April or somethign like that, or is July going to be the next one for sure? Would love to know what kind of timetable I should look at

Scores are good for life.

Generally they do not add, but what I have seen recently, I would not say there is no chance, but maybe a slim chance.

exNavyOffRec

Does anyone knows when the CWE and SWO option board will be held?

CWE is a rolling board and for them that means they evaluate as the applications come in, so far 2 or 3 spots are taken, and they are very selective.

For CWE you must have a degree in Comp Science or Comp Engineering and it must be from one of the specified schools listed.

The next SWO option board meets in Feb they need very few as well but will probably select some for FY14.

cardeea

New numbers status as of today, and this explains the Pilot/NFO/SWO board in December.

If a person is applying for Pilot or NFO you should have an excellent chance as they need many for FY13 and some for FY14.
IDC should now pick some for EVERY designator in February since they will pick some for FY14 as well but those with tech degrees will have the best shot.
One thing that happened the beginning of this years is goals went down, it is possible that goal adjustments could do the same thing, so like this year people could get pushed to another FY

SWO goal of 151, 150 identified
Surface ED goal of 3, 6 identified CLOSED FY13
Surface IP goal of 6, 4 identified
Surface Oceano goal of 5, 4 identified
Surface IW goal of 5, 4 identified
NFO goal of 119, 40 identified
Pilot goal of 309, 207 identified
EDO(SEGA) goal of 0, CLOSED FY13
AMDO goal of 7, 3 identified
IP goal of 0, 1 identified CLOSED FY13
IW goal of 14, 13 identified (this clears the backlog)
Intel goal of 18, 18 identified CLOSED FY13 (this clears the backlog)
PAO goal of 1, 0 identified only taking apps from those on AD
Oceano goal of 2, 1 identified
Cyberwarfare goal of 3, 2 identified
Supply goal of 77, 70 identified
CEC goal of 58, 52 identified

Are the quotas/numbers out for FY14 yet? The IDC board deadline is up in a month. So the numbers should be out there. Anyone have gouge on this?

exNavyOffRec

Are the quotas/numbers out for FY14 yet? The IDC board deadline is up in a month. So the numbers should be out there. Anyone have gouge on this?

FY14 goals won't be out until late next year, in the meantime they "guess" which means they select up to 50% of the current year goals.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
FY14 goals won't be out until late next year, in the meantime they "guess" which means they select up to 50% of the current year goals.

So does the fiscal year in which we are picked make any difference to when we get sent to OCS, or are all pro-recs the same? In other words, would some of us get pro-reced for FY-13 or FY-14 in a way that matters to anything?

exNavyOffRec

So does the fiscal year in which we are picked make any difference to when we get sent to OCS, or are all pro-recs the same? In other words, would some of us get pro-reced for FY-13 or FY-14 in a way that matters to anything?

The FY you are picked doesn't really mean anything, ultimately when all the final documents are in determines when you will go, in some cases a board may say "FY14 selects" but that has only happened a few times, often they just select and see who gets their stuff in first.