• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Status FY 13

exNavyOffRec

So basically this is a big jerk around. How do we find out about actual date for these boards?

The further out the less accurate, I would say November would be the month where things start to get a better picture, it will be much clearer when the FY13 goals come out, FY12 goals didn't come out until late January and that kind of messed up the Supply selections.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Most of that jives with the latest emails, except the pilot/nfo/swo board...
I would not hold my breath for Feb 2013 for most of those boards...

A few questions. I'm hoping to apply for SNA/SNFO, but I don't graduate until Dec 17th. If the board does wind up happening in December as was mentioned in a previous post, would I be able to apply to that board? And generally how big is the time gap between the board convening and those who were selected entering OCS (assuming they're civilian and not at the upper end of the age limit)? From other threads, the impression I'm getting is about 6 months or so.

deadweather

Pro-Rec SNA & SNFO
I
A few questions. I'm hoping to apply for SNA/SNFO, but I don't graduate until Dec 17th. If the board does wind up happening in December as was mentioned in a previous post, would I be able to apply to that board? And generally how big is the time gap between the board convening and those who were selected entering OCS (assuming they're civilian and not at the upper end of the age limit)? From other threads, the impression I'm getting is about 6 months or so.
I'm not graduating until December and got pro-rec'ed at the July board. I think you can apply up to a year before graduation. I had to submit a degree competition form and state my earliest ocs be after graduation.

My guess from other boards is 5-7 month if everything goes well. Some shorter and some way longer. I was at the July board and someone at my nrd said to expect to go around February.

Silhouette

What deadweather said. I'm also graduating in December. It's either 6 months or 12 months before you graduate (I was told 6, but I've heard 12 too..), but either way you're within limits - so apply!
As to the wait time between selection and OCS, definitely depends on a lot of factors. Your guess is probably as good as any.

nageushcin

nope, with the new system it doesn't work that way, and given when the deadline was it is probable the CD has already been burned to send to the board.

one NAM isn't going to make much of a difference if any, main thing is GPA and your run/swim/pu/su/pull ups.

NavyOffRec,

This is from the NPC website (EOD application process)

"September deadline: Three working days prior to board convening is the last day the EOD OCM will accept additional application material, such as an updated PST, evaluations from summer training, or additional letters of recommendation."

This week I received my diploma and got selected as JSOQ (in addition to the NAM previously mentioned). Why would they publish this if they aren't really willing to take any more documents after the deadline?

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,

This is from the NPC website (EOD application process)

"September deadline: Three working days prior to board convening is the last day the EOD OCM will accept additional application material, such as an updated PST, evaluations from summer training, or additional letters of recommendation."

This week I received my diploma and got selected as JSOQ (in addition to the NAM previously mentioned). Why would they publish this if they aren't really willing to take any more documents after the deadline?

NPC does not equal NRC, all documents have to go thru NRC for submission for the package to be placed in order on burned on the CD, the old system we could upload items at will, the new system on allows documents to be uploaded while it is at a certain level, it is not user friendly.

The deadlines are determined by NRC not NPC and it is based upon the time it takes to review applications thru the various levels and get sent to the board.

I can tell you from experience we missed the NRC deadline for submitting an updated PST last board, as a favor NRC emailed to the OCM and cc'd me, the board never saw it.

nageushcin

NPC does not equal NRC, all documents have to go thru NRC for submission for the package to be placed in order on burned on the CD, the old system we could upload items at will, the new system on allows documents to be uploaded while it is at a certain level, it is not user friendly.

The deadlines are determined by NRC not NPC and it is based upon the time it takes to review applications thru the various levels and get sent to the board.

I can tell you from experience we missed the NRC deadline for submitting an updated PST last board, as a favor NRC emailed to the OCM and cc'd me, the board never saw it.

I understand. However, I have to say that the information published in this website needs to be reviewed. The deadlines are a bit vague ("August deadline", "September deadline", "three days prior", etc.). I believe I'm not the only one confused here. Regardless, thanks for the info. Your help is greatly appreciated.

exNavyOffRec

I understand. However, I have to say that the information published in this website needs to be reviewed. The deadlines are a bit vague ("August deadline", "September deadline", "three days prior", etc.). I believe I'm not the only one confused here. Regardless, thanks for the info. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I agree, the problem is NRC often has to adjust rapidly due to changes in manning, people put out info they believe is helpful but what is true one month for NRC may not be true another month.

A good example is the 1420, it has needed to be fixed for years, but goals and board info as well as program requirements can and often do change on a yearly basis or more often than that, the 1420 should have the basic info and then refer people to NRC, the 1420 should not talk about OCS program requirements or board dates.

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
What deadweather said. I'm also graduating in December. It's either 6 months or 12 months before you graduate (I was told 6, but I've heard 12 too..), but either way you're within limits - so apply!
As to the wait time between selection and OCS, definitely depends on a lot of factors. Your guess is probably as good as any.

I read the whole OCS section of the 1420, and nowhere did it mention anything about being able to apply before graduation. I understand that it's possible, I just want it in writing so that I can show my chain of command when I start to put my package together. I don't think they're just gonna go off of just my word alone. So if anyone can direct me to where it is at, I would be very much appriative.

exNavyOffRec

I read the whole OCS section of the 1420, and nowhere did it mention anything about being able to apply before graduation. I understand that it's possible, I just want it in writing so that I can show my chain of command when I start to put my package together. I don't think they're just gonna go off of just my word alone. So if anyone can direct me to where it is at, I would be very much appriative.

you won't find it in the 1420 that is because when talking about OCS programs 90% of the 1420 is crap, outdated and misleading. The officer recruiting manual is where the good data is, how a person can apply before graduation comes from the definitions, in general a direct accession is a person who has graduated college or is within 6 months of graduating college, now that was adjusted to 12 months recently, pretty much anything dealing with OCS programs can and is adjusted via email.

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
you won't find it in the 1420 that is because when talking about OCS programs 90% of the 1420 is crap, outdated and misleading. The officer recruiting manual is where the good data is, how a person can apply before graduation comes from the definitions, in general a direct accession is a person who has graduated college or is within 6 months of graduating college, now that was adjusted to 12 months recently, pretty much anything dealing with OCS programs can and is adjusted via email.

Thank you sir,

I have looked through the COMNAVCRUITCOMINST 1131.2E, the officer recruiting manual and I did see a mention of applicants being able to apply within six months of graduating but it was under the ROTC section. I will see if that will work if not I will go find an OR and see if they can help me.

exNavyOffRec

Thank you sir,

I have looked through the COMNAVCRUITCOMINST 1131.2E, the officer recruiting manual and I did see a mention of applicants being able to apply within six months of graduating but it was under the ROTC section. I will see if that will work if not I will go find an OR and see if they can help me.

I might have been in one of the handouts we rec'd, the DA term is subjective depending on what NRC wants.

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
I assumed it was subjective because everything that has to do with officer quotas are indeed dependent on the needs of NRC.

ctmd243

@NavyOffRec
I am still in the process of getting my package together. I still need to take my ASTB but my local testing center has their machines down for a few weeks. Assuming the previous PDF is no longer valid for the Pilot boards, when would you recommend for me to have my whole package put together and ready? I have been postponing taking the ASTB for more studying time but it seems like I am getting relatively close to the upcoming application submission windows.