• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS quotes

psumarkopolo

PSUMARKOPOLO
Who remembers this

After we went to see the President's own which we were allowed to eat food/ice cream on that trip...SSgt. Ixchalaw(sp) goes up to a certain candidate and says
"Did you eat ice cream on your little day off>?"
Cand X "Yes staff sergeant"
SSgt: "What kind of ice cream"
X: "A strawberry shortcake bar staff sergeant"
SSGT: "Why am i not surprised cand. X Getting the faggoty strawberry shortcake bar...Get a real ice cream and be a man next time, like a flinstones push up pop"

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Funny OCS moments

- After the 12 mile hump and Warrior Breakfast, having a 2 hour block of company commander time. Everyone went to sleep, some on the ground under or inbetween racks, including the candidate platoon sergeant, then the platoon sgt comes in and starts yelling, "WHY DO I COME IN AND SEE 44 CANDIDATES SLEEPING, WHERE YOU AT CANDIDATE PLATOON SGT" and he's sleeping... lol.

- Pacticing drill and a candidate infront of me got called a "piece of shit motherfucker" when an instructor noticed he had his nametape on his rifle upside down

- Doing the extended fartlek and our squad passing up another squad.... the other squad's instructor yelling at them to hurry up

- A certain candidate going off base to Potomac Mills while we were duty platoon... on purpose... then admitting it to so he would get kicked out instead of having to DOR.

- That certain candidate during his plt sgt billet saying, "alright, I'm about to PT you guys if you dont start taking me seriously" LOL

- That same candidate, while getting dropped, complained that our platoon was full of "backstabbers and cliques"... then the platoon commander coming out and asking us if thats true. And him laughing at his complaints

- Candidate getting caught eating in his rack during the night

- Instructor making a candidate report to him as a POW everyday after chow

- Passing up other platoons on the log race b/c we rigged the logs so we had the lightest log, and them the heaviest... LOL

- During the platoon sgt inspection, him making us all use and swallow Listerene halfway through because he said all our breath stunk. Then one candidate having to throw up because of swallowing it.

- During SULE II, a candidate getting caught taking pictures with a disposable camera... with the flash on... during sundown... LOL!

yours?

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Some callsigns from my Brown Field tour:

Cand got silver bullet about 10 times - became known as "butt-plug" - needless to say the kid is not a 2ndLt

Cand got all sorts of funk after night IMC, conjunctivitis, bronchitis, staph/cellulitus to name a few - became known as "Bubble Boy" due to his amount of time in SIQ

Cand broke his leg and it took a while to drop him so he had to go everywhere the platoon went via his crutches and his plastic boot-cast, therefore he was designated "Robo-Boot" by our SI

rohanc

Some funny and great moments for me:

- Having the Plt.Sgt. let us - I repeat - LET US TAKE A NAP after the 12 Mile Hump and Warriors' Breakfast. That was probably the most amazing thing that ever happend to me at OCS. He came out of the duty hut, and forced us to get into our skivvies and into the racks. It was the best sleep I had the whole time at OCS.

- Having a rave, complete with glow sticks, in the squad bay the night before graduation.

- Seeing our Plt. Cmdr. fireman carry a candidate (heat casualty) to Medical, when the corpsman told him to walk there. (he had a 107 degree body temp.)

- Field Day and BBQ

- Being able to converse freely with your buddy who's dropping a deuce right in front of you.

Ah, there's so much more - don't want to ruin all the fun:)

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Cand got silver bullet about 10 times - became known as "butt-plug" - needless to say the kid is not a 2ndLt

Cand broke his leg and it took a while to drop him so he had to go everywhere the platoon went via his crutches and his plastic boot-cast, therefore he was designated "Robo-Boot" by our SI

I feel sorry for robo boot because I broke my ankle my first time at OCS and had to go everywhere on crutches, and it sucked. My armpits were all torn up.

We had a guy get the silver bullet for 3 PT sessions straight before he was dropped. Nicknamed the HEAT MACHINE because it rhymed with his last name.

Glow sticks and a rave before graduation... lol Our platoon sgt woke us up at midnight to make us clean the house, and we did so for hours.

donnyglaze

"Oh you're just going to sit there and talk when you can see me right here huh boy? I should give you a positive chit for bravery. I should give your parents a chit for having you!"

"Only two kinds of people talk on their knees. Hookers and faggots!"

"I'm going to fly over there and donkey punch you boy!"

As I was carrying the water jug from Bobo Hall to the house, we stop and do a little rifle manual before entering the house.
"What the hell is your problem boy? Why didn't you do the movement?"
"GySgt, this candidate was not properly instructed in how to do inspection arms with a water jug."
We did it again, then I did inspection water jug, and he just smiled and walked away.

Good Ol Charlie 3 Class 198

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
Story from one of my Army friends:

One their ammo clips they had green tape and red tape to denote live/unlive rounds. One private put in the green clip when they were supposed to use the red. The DI noticed, grabbed the clip from the gun and yelled to the private "what color is this?"

Umm...its...its...green sir.

DI: "Your goddamn right its green." Then the DI punches the private in nose with the ammo clip. "NOW ITS RED!"

yoyoma

During firewatch as platoon sergeant is walking into duty hut.

Stuttering Candidate: Good evening gun... si... s... senator!
Platoon Sergeant: (Stops dead in his tracks and looks at the floor) Did you just call me senator?
Stuttering Candidate: Yes gunnery sergeant!
Platoon Sergeant: (Sighs, looks up, shakes his head and walks into the duty hut without saying a word)

Another candidate on firewatch while one sergeant instructor was asking about his major, which was english and philosophy.

Candidate H: (very very long winded explanation of his love for philosophy)
Gunnery Sergeant: (Very loud and blunt) Yo H, that s**t is gay, what the f*** makes you think I care about that s**t?

yoyoma

All candidates on line, staff sergeant is about an inch from cadidates face.

Staff Sergeant: (In a real quiet, grumbling voice) Open yo sweet face.
Candidate: Aye staff sergeant!
Staff Sergeant: Thats all of you! Open yo dirty mouths!

I didn't witness this next one because it happened in another platoon. One candidate took his bolt and charging handle out of his rifle while he was cleaning it but then he couldn't get it back in when their sergeant instructor to clean up and get out of the squad bay. So instead of asking for help, he put his bolt and charging handle in his pocket and figured that he would put it back in later. Well, he never got that spare moment and the result was one of the funnier moments of the summer.

(Doing inspection arms during drill practice, bolt still not in rifle)

Unit Leader: IIIIIspection.....ARMS!
Candidate X: (Looks around nervously while he should be pulling his charging handle)
Unit Leader: Candidate X, the command was inspection arms. Correct yourself!
Candidate X: (Looks around nervously and pretends to pull and invisible charging handle.)
Unit Leader: (Not hearing the click of a bolt locking to the rear, looks at Candidate X) Candidate X, correct yourself!
Candidate X: (Once again pulls his invisible charging handle)
Gunnery Sergeant: (Walks over and takes rifle from Candidate X) Damnit X, you must be the weakest candidate I ever seen! How hard is it to pull a little char..... wait a minute. Theres no bolt in this rifle! Candidate X where the hell is your bolt!
Candidate X: (Pulls bolt and charging handle out of pocket) Right here gunner sergeant!
Gunnery Sergeant: (Loses compusure, has to walk away to hide the fact that he is laughing.)
Gunnery Sergeant: Damn X! You done made me lose my bearin! In all my years in the marine corps, I aint never seen anyone not get they bolt back, CAUSE THEY BOLT WASNT EVEN IN THEY RIFLE!!!!

Heres the quote that I still here in my nightmares.

"Wanna see how hot and sweaty we can get up in here? F*** WITH ME!"

That along with "ZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
A couple days before the drill competition we were out practicing on the parade deck with a couple other platoons doing the same. One of the other platoon's instructors was talking trash to us saying how we were all nasty. Our SI apparently had enough, turned around, and to the other SI was like, "hey there drill instructor, what's the Marine Corps order on drill?" The other SI started fumbling and stuttering... he didn't know... so he walked away. Our SI turned around and smiled, I had to bite my lip to not laugh.

A couple minutes later the other SI came back and had a little conference with our SI on the side... he wasn't happy that he just got embarassed in front of us. We thought they were going to throw down, the other instructor was so pissed.

Cmaw50

One of our SI's gets us in a school circle to tell us we are all nasty things. So there he is giving us this presentation and candidate XXXX basicly sh*ts himself, and every candidate has total loss of bearing.

SI: GAWWWD Damiiiiit who the fu*k was that?
Candidate XXX: This candidate gysgt.
SI: Aww so you like sh*t smell all up in yo face huh?
CandidateXXX: No gysgt.
SI: put your face to your legs and suck that shit up!

BlazeUSMC

Belligerent Arm Swing!
OCC-198 This is a direct quote from one of my Sgt. Instructors right after we did our final peer evals. He was coming down on my squad in particular and cordoned us off in the far back of the squad bay and continued to elaborate that it is not the intelligent and intellectual person who succeeds in life...."I may not be able to whip it on intellectually, but I'll tell you what candidates, I'll slit your throats, I'll kill your family, shit, I'll even PT your dog until his fricken paws fall off. Next, I'll steal your car and cruise your girlfriend around like its cool." He had us in tears, we all lost our bearing and tact and just let it out, and he knew exactly what he was doing...he enjoyed it.

CandH

During firewatch as platoon sergeant is walking into duty hut.

Stuttering Candidate: Good evening gun... si... s... senator!
Platoon Sergeant: (Stops dead in his tracks and looks at the floor) Did you just call me senator?
Stuttering Candidate: Yes gunnery sergeant!
Platoon Sergeant: (Sighs, looks up, shakes his head and walks into the duty hut without saying a word)

Another candidate on firewatch while one sergeant instructor was asking about his major, which was english and philosophy.

Candidate H: (very very long winded explanation of his love for philosophy)
Gunnery Sergeant: (Very loud and blunt) Yo H, that s**t is gay, what the f*** makes you think I care about that s**t?

actually, the question was on the moral philosophy of Nietzsche, and what all was entailed in his will to power theory.
and the response, which came from a different Sergeant Instructor than the one who originated the question, was "Howe, Howe, Howe... Howe, that shit is gay as fuck." and the rest followed suit insofar as vulgarity and directness are concerned