• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Class Date while still in college

eahmed4

I was just wondering would have a timeline as to how long it would take you to get an OCS Class Date while you're still in college? I am graduating in May, and if I get picked up right around January/February, would it be possible for me to head to OCS a couple weeks after graduation, or am I being way too optimistic? I know these cases vary from person to person, but any sort of insight would really help me get a gage on how long I should expect to wait.

mayhem19

You will not receive your OCS class date until after you graduate from college. I graduated in May of this year and did not find out my class date until the beginning of September. Obviously, in my case, covid has played a big part in delaying placement into OCS classes. I was told under normal circumstances you will know within 1-2 months. I hope that helps!

Verity760

AC1(AW/SW/IW)
I have a question if you have a moment. Did you submit your application with the Officer Academic Degree plan? I'm currently enlisted, finishing up my college in April and likely won't receive transcripts until May or June, but my recruiter sent me the degree plan and said I could use it to submit my application with, in lieu of my transcripts. I guess I'm just trying to understand how that process would work. Do you find out if you're accepted prior to finishing and contingent on the completion of your degree, and if so do they provide a date when you ship out? The more information, the better as I have a family and understanding what to expect will help me tremendously in preparing. (I should add I have not submitted my package yet, but will do so soon.)

exNavyOffRec

I have a question if you have a moment. Did you submit your application with the Officer Academic Degree plan? I'm currently enlisted, finishing up my college in April and likely won't receive transcripts until May or June, but my recruiter sent me the degree plan and said I could use it to submit my application with, in lieu of my transcripts. I guess I'm just trying to understand how that process would work. Do you find out if you're accepted prior to finishing and contingent on the completion of your degree, and if so do they provide a date when you ship out? The more information, the better as I have a family and understanding what to expect will help me tremendously in preparing. (I should add I have not submitted my package yet, but will do so soon.)

Are you reserve? If on AD the rules are that AD cannot submit an OCS application without a degree in hand even though reservist can.

Verity760

AC1(AW/SW/IW)
Are you reserve? If on AD the rules are that AD cannot submit an OCS application without a degree in hand even though reservist can.
I'm on active duty.... I'll have to speak with my recruiter then as she may have given me bad info... that's disheartening. Overall it shortens my window until I hit 32 in December, but I'll still have a few months to submit a package. I plan on taking the ASTB again anyway, but I would have liked to have submitted earlier.

exNavyOffRec

I'm on active duty.... I'll have to speak with my recruiter then as she may have given me bad info... that's disheartening. Overall it shortens my window until I hit 32 in December, but I'll still have a few months to submit a package. I plan on taking the ASTB again anyway, but I would have liked to have submitted earlier.

I think the issues is that you are working with a recruiter that doesn't know the ins and outs or what is required of an AD person, that is why up until very recently AD were strictly prohibited from working with recruiters.

CEC collegiates and NUPOC are the exceptions.

There have been several AD that have tried to apply prior to graduation, and all were turned away as the concern is that a person on AD could end up being deployed last minute and then not be able to complete the degree in time.

Verity760

AC1(AW/SW/IW)
That’s great info and I definitely am glad you brought it up so thanks so much for that. Yeah your feedback sounds correct and descriptive of my recruiter. I’ll follow up with her so she can verify and learn for herself as well. Definitely messes with an applicants timeline and for me throws things off a bit but not too bad. If for some reason there’s an exception, say for example for instructors, I’ll follow up and let you know. Thanks again!

exNavyOffRec

That’s great info and I definitely am glad you brought it up so thanks so much for that. Yeah your feedback sounds correct and descriptive of my recruiter. I’ll follow up with her so she can verify and learn for herself as well. Definitely messes with an applicants timeline and for me throws things off a bit but not too bad. If for some reason there’s an exception, say for example for instructors, I’ll follow up and let you know. Thanks again!
never hurts to plead a case with NRC, they do seem to be a bit lenient now with a few other things so it is worth it.