• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Mil3s

SNA Select
What's this about immediate select? I've been lurking a bit and would like a catch-up. I submitted my package not too long ago and told my recruiter I was ready to go whenever
You need at least a 7,7,7 and 3.0+ gpa.

Mil3s

SNA Select
Nvm, I dug deeper into this. It's making me a little worrisome, I am not going to lie. I 100% could've done better on my ASTB but it wouldn't matter because of my GPA. On the bright side of things, I think my motivational statement and letters of rec help me stand out more. Fingers crossed. If I don't get selected for this board, I'll just retake the ASTB to make up for my GPA.
What are you going for at board? If it’s pilot then the main thing you want to focus on is getting a high PFAR score and then if it’s NFO then a high fofar is the most important part.

Tyr

Has anyone seen my wingman?
What are you going for at board? If it’s pilot then the main thing you want to focus on is getting a high PFAR score and then if it’s NFO then a high fofar is the most important part.
SNA first, NFO second, and AMDO third. PFAR could be higher but it’s still alright. FOFAR is at minimum but if they need NFOs, I’d be more than happy to take it. It was my first time taking the ASTB so I didn’t know what to expect, but I think they’re decent given that.

I was considering retaking it since I couldn’t submit my package on time for last board, but I was convinced that my scores were fine and I shouldn’t change it- at least right now. Plus the May and Dec board made me confident I’d be alright. Who knows, maybe this board will be alright too. Only time will tell

exNavyOffRec

SNA first, NFO second, and AMDO third. PFAR could be higher but it’s still alright. FOFAR is at minimum but if they need NFOs, I’d be more than happy to take it. It was my first time taking the ASTB so I didn’t know what to expect, but I think they’re decent given that.

I was considering retaking it since I couldn’t submit my package on time for last board, but I was convinced that my scores were fine and I shouldn’t change it- at least right now. Plus the May and Dec board made me confident I’d be alright. Who knows, maybe this board will be alright too. Only time will tell
It is rare for a 5 FOFAR to get a selection, however will you be happy if you get SNFO and not SNA? If you can say yes than go for it.

AMDO is one of those that doesn't like to be an afterthought, that means if they aren't number 1 then you most likely won't be considered or seriously considered, your GPA is also low for AMDO as a civilian applicant.

Tyr

It is rare for a 5 FOFAR to get a selection, however will you be happy if you get SNFO and not SNA? If you can say yes than go for it.

AMDO is one of those that doesn't like to be an afterthought, that means if they aren't number 1 then you most likely won't be considered or seriously considered, your GPA is also low for AMDO as a civilian applicant.
Yeah that’s why I put SNA first because my FOFAR score is lower, but yeah I would 100% take it if I got SNFO.

That is fair, I wasn’t anticipating on being AMDO but given my current job in the aerospace industry, I thought it would be fitting to put on there.

asutton4712

Hey, so I cant seem to find where they post board schedule. I wont be up for this one as I wont finish my degree till late June. If any of you can help me with this that would be great.

Tyr

Hey, so I cant seem to find where they post board schedule. I wont be up for this one as I wont finish my degree till late June. If any of you can help me with this that would be great.
I would ask your recruiter. Otherwise, it'll eventually get around in this forum or elsewhere

Tyr

Already in the navy on leave right now just thought one of yall would know. Thanks though :)
Hahaha no problem. If I had to guess, it'd be around August. If not, then probably roll to Nov/Dec. That's my guess though

CC2224Clone

Last edited:

x15adam

SNA Applicant
Hey guys, just got a call from my recruiter that I've been medically disqualified from SNA for depth perception (apparently they wouldn't accept my retest). So it looks like this is it. It's been an interesting ride, that's for sure.

I know first hand how much time and effort you've all put towards this amazing career field, and I wish you all the best of luck for this board and any board that follows. You got this!

Tyr

Hey guys, just got a call from my recruiter that I've been medically disqualified from SNA for depth perception (apparently they wouldn't accept my retest). So it looks like this is it. It's been an interesting ride, that's for sure.

I know first hand how much time and effort you've all put towards this amazing career field, and I wish you all the best of luck for this board and any board that follows. You got this!
Shit man, I'm really sorry to hear that. Wish you the best of luck moving forward wherever

Next board is June 10 due date and convene July 8. Talk to your recruiter about applying in this board anyways, I graduate in August and he’s still putting my package in for this board (as long as MEPS doesn’t screw me). I just have to give a degree completion plan.

exNavyOffRec

Next board is June 10 due date and convene July 8. Talk to your recruiter about applying in this board anyways, I graduate in August and he’s still putting my package in for this board (as long as MEPS doesn’t screw me). I just have to give a degree completion plan.
He is active duty and must have graduated prior to board due date, it is possible NRC could give some leeway but you don't count on those things.

pcola478

Why did they deny it? My first “appeal” was denied just because they didn’t like the way she documented my results. Went to another doctor, had him write exactly what I found based on the Aeromedical Reference Waiver Guide and it was approved.