• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
Thanks. I was wondering if they cared about the speed you do your push ups at. Is there such thing as too fast? Or do you just need good form?
Just need good form

Tip from my recruiter before I left for OCS: assuming you're expending the same amount of energy over the 2 minutes you have to do the push-ups, it makes more sense to do them as fast as you can with good form.

If they see you with bad form, they'll give you warnings. More than two, and you have to stop right then and there, and your score at that point will be your official score.

Mil3s

SNA Select
anyone know if the excel file has been updated to include this board yet for us to add our data?

At this point in the game, how far are you guys into your packages? I have been begging my recruiter to go to medical for 2 months now and he just keeps saying he will get to putting my paperwork in. I want to apply to the April board but I am starting to think I will have to wait until July as I will be needing a waiver.

CC2224Clone

At this point in the game, how far are you guys into your packages? I have been begging my recruiter to go to medical for 2 months now and he just keeps saying he will get to putting my paperwork in. I want to apply to the April board but I am starting to think I will have to wait until July as I will be needing a waiver.
Is the paperwork you’re referring to the paperwork to get to MEPS or the medical records related to the waiver? I would gather those records if you haven’t already. MEPS will ask for them before giving you a date.

As for the timeline, it took me quite some time to get to MEPS, but everyone’s experience varies.

Is the paperwork you’re referring to the paperwork to get to MEPS or the medical records related to the waiver? I would gather those records if you haven’t already. MEPS will ask for them before giving you a date.

As for the timeline, it took me quite sometime to get to MEPS, but everyone’s experience varies.
I am working on getting everything, I have given him everything he asked for that I need to send in for MEPS. The medical records for the waiver have not been asked for yet but I am getting ahead of the ball and getting letters from psychs and stuff. When I asked if he thinks I can make it for the April board he just said "we will have time" so I am kinda thinking I am just gonna have to settle for the July board. My plan is to go back to school and do ROTC if i am not accepted to OCS so I wanted to be able to enroll in classes in August if I don't get selected.

Last edited:

CC2224Clone

I am working on getting everything, I have given him everything he asked for that I need to send in for MEPS. The medical records for the waiver have not been asked for yet but I am getting ahead of the ball and getting letters from psychs and stuff. When I asked if he thinks I can make it for the April board he just said "we will have time" so I am kinda thinking I am just gonna have to settle for the July board. My plan is to go back to school and do ROTC if i am not accepted to OCS so I wanted to be able to enroll in classes in August if I don't get selected.
My first recruiter would say the same thing, “we should make the board,” then I missed the first board I could’ve applied to.

That is good that you are getting everything together. One other thing you can do once you’ve gathered it all is make a meeting with your recruiter to discuss medical. Sometimes they need to see you in person to start working on your stuff. I would take all of your medical records to that meeting and have him submit it before MEPS even asks for it. That way you won’t have to wait for MEPS to request more information about your medical history. Assuming you’ve already disclosed said history.

Mil3s

SNA Select
At this point for me I’m just waiting to retest on February 1st and then submit my letters of recommendation around February 20th. Medical took the longest part for me when I first applied last board. I think he keeps saying that because he can’t really do anything with your packet until you get to medical, from what I have been told it’s not up to the recruiter when he sends you to medical it all depends on when meps has available slots which can very from location to location.