• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

It’s so new no one really has a clue.
Does anyone know how immediate select works? Does it just mean your application is considered before the stated board convene date, or does it mean that you're truly "immediately selected?" I've got a 58 8/8/8 and a 3.9 GPA, no non-medical waivers, and just waiting on a medical waiver to come through. Thanks y'
from some digging and from talking to my recruiter today I think that you will be auto selected at next board. He wasn’t 100% sure but was pretty sure that is how it would work.
As packages are received, they are forwarded to the community sponsor to select high quality applicants (see PA100F)for review at next regularly scheduled board

slothsicle

Finally got my ASTB done today, 64 8/8/7 with 3.0 GPA (WGU not doing any favors here except for getting the dang thing over with). Next step is figuring out the conditional release, since I'm AD AF and the first AD applicant my recruiter has worked with. Nice not to have to do MEPS, though.

cjwinton01

SNA Applicant
Does anyone know how immediate select works? Does it just mean your application is considered before the stated board convene date, or does it mean that you're truly "immediately selected?" I've got a 58 8/8/8 and a 3.9 GPA, no non-medical waivers, and just waiting on a medical waiver to come through. Thanks y'all
not sure what it is as my recruiter hasn't said anything but if any is autoselect it's you bud.

Pringles

Older me is kicking younger me for not getting in two assignments-worth of GPA credit turned in. I coulda had a 3.0 GPA and been in for autoselection and not had to have lost any sleep up to this point. I worry for applicants like myself who barely fall below one of those aspects. Are we at risk of not making the cut at all since the introduction of this new autoselection process? Or will there be enough of a need for pilots and flight officers that those of us who barely don't make it still have a snowball's chance?
I guess it means I have to make my leadership statement and motivational statement all the better. It's going to really hurt to get all this way and be failed by my mistakes from almost a decade ago.

Older me is kicking younger me for not getting in two assignments-worth of GPA credit turned in. I coulda had a 3.0 GPA and been in for autoselection and not had to have lost any sleep up to this point. I worry for applicants like myself who barely fall below one of those aspects. Are we at risk of not making the cut at all since the introduction of this new autoselection process? Or will there be enough of a need for pilots and flight officers that those of us who barely don't make it still have a snowball's chance?
I guess it means I have to make my leadership statement and motivational statement all the better. It's going to really hurt to get all this way and be failed by my mistakes from almost a decade ago.
could you take one community college course to boost ur gpa above 3.0?

Mil3s

SNA Select

I think you will be good, by the sounds of it you’re making it out to be the end of all world that there will only be a couple slots left for non-auto select applicants. If the number of selected applicants stay the same as past 2 boards then I think there will be a good amount of spots left.

exNavyOffRec

You have good scores, that should get you noticed.
I think you will be good, by the sounds of it you’re making it out to be the end of all world that there will only be a couple slots left for non-auto select applicants. If the number of selected applicants stay the same as past 2 boards then I think there will be a good amount of spots left.
It is hard to say as in most boards 7's are a toss up, but with new auto select criteria they are an auto select which could reduce available spots.

Mil3s

SNA Select
You have good scores, that should get you noticed.

It is hard to say as in most boards 7's are a toss up, but with new auto select criteria they are an auto select which could reduce available spots.

I was just looking at previous boards and referring to the overall amount of slots they had total. I believe that anyone that had all 7s or more would be chosen nonetheless. I was looking at previous boards and there was only a handful that were selected that didn’t have all 7s or higher that would have qualified for auto selection.

exNavyOffRec

I was just looking at previous boards and referring to the overall amount of slots they had total. I believe that anyone that had all 7s or more would be chosen nonetheless. I was looking at previous boards and there was only a handful that were selected that didn’t have all 7s or higher that would have qualified for auto selection.
Historically that isn't the case, and the past board was an anomaly, historically over time a 7 PFAR is 50/50 with a person with no waivers and better GPA having better chances.

That isn't saying people with 7 PFAR won't get picked, but what it does now is if they have that 3.0 GPA and no waivers they go from good chance to guaranteed and that certainly can affect what will be left over.

Mil3s

SNA Select
Historically that isn't the case, and the past board was an anomaly, historically over time a 7 PFAR is 50/50 with a person with no waivers and better GPA having better chances.

That isn't saying people with 7 PFAR won't get picked, but what it does now is if they have that 3.0 GPA and no waivers they go from good chance to guaranteed and that certainly can affect what will be left over.

When you say anomaly for the past board do you mean the august board or the December board or both?

exNavyOffRec

When you say anomaly for the past board do you mean the august board or the December board or both?
August was a big anomaly, December was a bit of one as well as it sounds like many recruiters held people back which skewed the pool of applicants.

x15adam

SNA Applicant
There is an April 2024 tab on the spreadsheet here
Strange, when clicking on that link I can't seem to input my information.

^ This link seems to work though. For those wanting to upload their info, make sure you're in the April tab.

Last edited:

cjwinton01

SNA Applicant
According to my recruiter my 5 FOFAR is the only thing holding me back from the autoselect. Any other 7 PFAR/AQRs nail-biting as to whether there will be SNA slots for us this board?