• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Pringles

I'm still fighting with medical. Went to MEPS at the end of October and still waiting to get my waiver in. Secret clearance investigator finally called me last week, so if anyone is still waiting on that, they seem very backed up. Last thing to do after that is get my personal moto submitted alongside the letters of recommendation, but from what my recruiter told me, they almost don't matter unless they're coming from a full bird or higher. I have an Army E8 friend who is willing to give me a glowing letter, so hopefully that helps.

I'll get my scores tossed onto the April spreadsheet. Hopefully we see a lot of PRO-REC-Y's this time around for us. Expect to hear more from me as we get closer.

Keep up the PT, everyone! Don't let the cold weather stop you!

exNavyOffRec

I'm still fighting with medical. Went to MEPS at the end of October and still waiting to get my waiver in. Secret clearance investigator finally called me last week, so if anyone is still waiting on that, they seem very backed up. Last thing to do after that is get my personal moto submitted alongside the letters of recommendation, but from what my recruiter told me, they almost don't matter unless they're coming from a full bird or higher. I have an Army E8 friend who is willing to give me a glowing letter, so hopefully that helps.

I'll get my scores tossed onto the April spreadsheet. Hopefully we see a lot of PRO-REC-Y's this time around for us. Expect to hear more from me as we get closer.

Keep up the PT, everyone! Don't let the cold weather stop you!
LOR's really don't matter at all for aviation no matter who they are from, that 8 on your FOFAR will do all the talking for you. If your GPA was 3.0 or higher you could have fallen into the immediate selection criteria.

If you have been waiting for October then MEPS is probably waiting on something from you or your recruiter, or are they setting up a consult for you to go to? I would start asking questions as that is not normal to be waiting and not be told what is going on.

Mil3s

SNA Select
Just a quick question that I feel like has probably been answered already but just wanted to confirm. If I went to meps when I applied last board, I don’t need to go back to meps again for this board application, it’s a 1 year thing right?

johnpauljones1776

Un-salted butter bar (non prior)
Just a quick question that I feel like has probably been answered already but just wanted to confirm. If I went to meps when I applied last board, I don’t need to go back to meps again for this board application, it’s a 1 year thing right?
It’s a 2 year thing, some people on the recent past had to go to meps a 2nd time since it was taking so long to get an ocs date

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
It’s a 2 year thing, some people on the recent past had to go to meps a 2nd time since it was taking so long to get an ocs date
This happened to me. They somehow forgot to put in my depth perception results when I went the second time, so I had to go back again a week later just for that.

Pringles

LOR's really don't matter at all for aviation no matter who they are from, that 8 on your FOFAR will do all the talking for you. If your GPA was 3.0 or higher you could have fallen into the immediate selection criteria.

If you have been waiting for October then MEPS is probably waiting on something from you or your recruiter, or are they setting up a consult for you to go to? I would start asking questions as that is not normal to be waiting and not be told what is going on.
So the problem here was just waiting on scheduling for the cardiovascular appointment and the associated lag time of documents. I didn’t receive my medical DQ letter until the end of November and had to follow the steps for getting a waiver from N3M. Just got the last of the papers they needed back to them yesterday, so now we wait…

exNavyOffRec

So the problem here was just waiting on scheduling for the cardiovascular appointment and the associated lag time of documents. I didn’t receive my medical DQ letter until the end of November and had to follow the steps for getting a waiver from N3M. Just got the last of the papers they needed back to them yesterday, so now we wait…
Those consults can take time, some as long as 6 months.

Pringles

Those consults can take time, some as long as 6 months.
Hopefully it’s a quick “Yep, he’s completely fine and the heart doctor doesn’t recommend any modifications or alterations to regiment.” Lord help me if they *still* aren’t happy.

AM2SNA

Do we know the type of applicant that is being accepted? I am applying for SNA, not this cycle but the next (I'm about to deploy). I haven't taken my OAR or ASTB yet. My GPA is a 3.6 in a liberal arts degree, I am a 4 year enlisted AM2 at a helicopter squadron (I would love to stay on H-60R) and a straight EP sailor aside from check in MP.

No NAM's (sadly), about to get my MOVSM and I have a few LOR's from LDCR's and my XO from my past officer application that did not go all the way through due to a medical hold up that is now cleared up.

Does anyone have a link to a guide to being competitive especially for current enlisted? I see a lot of people here are straight from the street and while I love being in the Navy, I need to know what makes a good ASTB, OAR, etc etc.

Mil3s

SNA Select
Ik last board a decent amount of enlisted guys got in sna with 6s, im not enlisted so I can’t give you any more information on that side of it besides what I saw from last board. Ik a 8-9 PFAR is pretty much a guaranteed selection based on previous boards. I can tell you I got a 53,6,7,7, 2.98 gpa in a B.S STEM major and was non select for sna last board if that helps in any way.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Do we know the type of applicant that is being accepted? I am applying for SNA, not this cycle but the next (I'm about to deploy). I haven't taken my OAR or ASTB yet. My GPA is a 3.6 in a liberal arts degree, I am a 4 year enlisted AM2 at a helicopter squadron (I would love to stay on H-60R) and a straight EP sailor aside from check in MP.

No NAM's (sadly), about to get my MOVSM and I have a few LOR's from LDCR's and my XO from my past officer application that did not go all the way through due to a medical hold up that is now cleared up.

Does anyone have a link to a guide to being competitive especially for current enlisted? I see a lot of people here are straight from the street and while I love being in the Navy, I need to know what makes a good ASTB, OAR, etc etc.
Literally the only thing that is going to matter is your ASTB, however if you meet this PA then all you really need to do is just pass the ASTB. https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Porta...SPP_Nov-2023.pdf?ver=mHc2L7KsyJMmFA0dwTGeuQ==

Does anyone know how immediate select works? Does it just mean your application is considered before the stated board convene date, or does it mean that you're truly "immediately selected?" I've got a 58 8/8/8 and a 3.9 GPA, no non-medical waivers, and just waiting on a medical waiver to come through. Thanks y'all

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Does anyone know how immediate select works? Does it just mean your application is considered before the stated board convene date, or does it mean that you're truly "immediately selected?" I've got a 58 8/8/8 and a 3.9 GPA, no non-medical waivers, and just waiting on a medical waiver to come through. Thanks y'all

It’s so new no one really has a clue.