• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Tyr

Has anyone seen my wingman?
do you think the DI’s will let us launch fireworks for the 4th of July? I think we’re pretty trustworthy

layan

You will need a waiver but it's not hard to get one for marijuana if that's the only policy waiver you need. The amount of time its been since you've last used and the fact that you never got into any legal trouble will help you a lot. Just be honest and own your past, but also make it clear in your personal statement that you've matured since and you don't plan on doing it again and you'll be fine. Don't stress yourself out by looking into old threads and anecdotes about other people getting waivers, that does more harm than good.
I already will need a waiver for my ACL surgery so I’m worried that needing 2 waivers will significantly lower my chances. In my eyes none of these waivers are relevant to my capacity to be a naval aviator but I don’t know if the Navy agrees with that.

OGBean

SNA Applicant
I already will need a waiver for my ACL surgery so I’m worried that needing 2 waivers will significantly lower my chances. In my eyes none of these waivers are relevant to my capacity to be a naval aviator but I don’t know if the Navy agrees with that.
I don't know anything about probability of acceptance with waivers into OCS. But it seems like each program has their own policies and MEPS doesn't always line up with them. The best thing we can do is just hurry up and wait unfortunately. And stay away from threads and forums about waivers, it won't affect your waiver and will only stress you out especially if you've already submitted your package. That's just my advice.

Ninja

SNA Select
I don't know anything about probability of acceptance with waivers into OCS. But it seems like each program has their own policies and MEPS doesn't always line up with them. The best thing we can do is just hurry up and wait unfortunately. And stay away from threads and forums about waivers, it won't affect your waiver and will only stress you out especially if you've already submitted your package. That's just my advice.
I’d have to second this, while this site has an abundance of information on almost every issue you could encounter, a solid chunk of it is case-specific and probably outdated. So I’d say take it all with a grain of salt

exNavyOffRec

Your medical waiver has no bearing on the boards decision, you are either medically qualified or not, if you are on this board you should be good to go.