• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Mil3s

SNA Select
Yes, exactly!
I’m going to look through the last board thread because Im pretty positive this happened last board as well when the list dropped, where there were people that were counted more then once due to applying snfo and sna.

Mil3s

SNA Select
I figured it’s separate since most applicants are going for SNA and there’s a quota they have to fill. The last two board there were about 160 and 170 applicants for SNA
So I looked back to confirm and yes the last board had duplicate names from people that applied both included in the total for the at board list. So i think this list would have duplicates as well which would be those 34 people that applied both. So wouldn’t that make the total down to 167 if you take out duplicates. Of course I can’t confirm this since I don’t have access.

Jstingo

SNFO Select
So I looked back to confirm and yes the last board had duplicate names from people that applied both included in the total for the at board list. So i think this list would have duplicates as well which would be those 34 people that applied both. So wouldn’t that make the total down to 167 if you take out duplicates. Of course I can’t confirm this since I don’t have access.
Yes, that what I got and assume so

OGBean

SNA Applicant
If I occasionally smoked marijuana in high school and college (like 25 times total) do I still need a waiver? I never got into legal trouble from it and it has been about 3 years since I last used. I've been reading old threads where the answer is a waiver would still be needed but it seems like the navy has become a lot more lenient on past marijuana usage as I saw they have a new policy that allows people who show up to bootcamp with THC in their system to still be able to get approved. I still am having trouble with finding whether or not if past marijuana usage is still disqualifying and needing a waiver or not for OCS.
You will need a waiver but it's not hard to get one for marijuana if that's the only policy waiver you need. The amount of time its been since you've last used and the fact that you never got into any legal trouble will help you a lot. Just be honest and own your past, but also make it clear in your personal statement that you've matured since and you don't plan on doing it again and you'll be fine. Don't stress yourself out by looking into old threads and anecdotes about other people getting waivers, that does more harm than good.

Nnamdi25

Have you considered applicants on that list don’t want their name out there? Some applicants could be waiting to hear back from pilots boards for other branches and if their recruiter saw their candidates name, why should they continue to work with them if they already have a package with the Navy submitted awaiting a board?
You are way overthinking this man. This is not sensitive information it can be accessed with a common access card by anyone in the Navy put it this way a seaman recruit with a common access card can access the information. Secondly you are a free agent till you get picked up. Dont try not make it something it is not…don’t be that guy.