• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ196

williamtcox

I'm pretty sure you clearly said in your thread but did you give up your pilot contract 197 for ground 196? Either way i applaud your persistance in getting over there earlier, get er' done!

I did not have to give up my pilot contract. My OSO just had PFM. :icon_wink

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
I just picked up my pair of Bates lites... Was anyone else surprised at the difference in size between boots that fit your feet and your go-fasters? My Brooks Trance 7s are an 11 and my Bates are only a 9. :confused:

MettGT

pilot
I just picked up my pair of Bates lites... Was anyone else surprised at the difference in size between boots that fit your feet and your go-fasters? My Brooks Trance 7s are an 11 and my Bates are only a 9. :confused:

I was surprised as well. I had to send back my boots a couple of times to get it right. I normally wear a 9.5W and had to get 8W for my Bellevilles.

Ground&Pound

My Bates Lights were they way they were supposed to be...one size smaller than my go-fasters. I did have to get extra wide though.

Trev82

pilot
i was super surprised my go fasters are 12's and my belleville's are 10.5's! Aw damn i had no problem finding 1/2" and the 1" at Rite Aid i hope it isn't thw waxy stuff...i'll have to check when i get home from vegas.. YEEEEEES i'm on my comp sitting in the hotel in vegas, i've been trying to figure out my vaccination situation as i've heard we need to have them ALL done or else no ship..

Lonestar

i was super surprised my go fasters are 12's and my belleville's are 10.5's! Aw damn i had no problem finding 1/2" and the 1" at Rite Aid i hope it isn't thw waxy stuff...i'll have to check when i get home from vegas.. YEEEEEES i'm on my comp sitting in the hotel in vegas, i've been trying to figure out my vaccination situation as i've heard we need to have them ALL done or else no ship..

Not true. They will stick you with what's needed at OCS.

bradler

Check you tape, cause the only stuff i found that .5 or 1 in is cloth but medical tape and kinda waxy. So I would check... I just bought a few rolls of the 1.5 and going to roll with it. I have been to 5 places (walmart, target, Dicks Sporting Goods, walgreens, and CVS) NOTHING only 1.5.

Ground&Pound

Check you tape, cause the only stuff i found that .5 or 1 in is cloth but medical tape and kinda waxy. So I would check... I just bought a few rolls of the 1.5 and going to roll with it. I have been to 5 places (walmart, target, Dicks Sporting Goods, walgreens, and CVS) NOTHING only 1.5.
I saw the same thing so I went ahead and got the 1" thats a little waxy and tried to write on it and it worked fine and stuck good. I bought some clear tape to put over it... someone said to put it over the athletic tape to keep it from bleeding.

Conaway

I saw the same thing so I went ahead and got the 1" thats a little waxy and tried to write on it and it worked fine and stuck good. I bought some clear tape to put over it... someone said to put it over the athletic tape to keep it from bleeding.

It was a suggestion that someone else had given me, but one of the LT's here said the tape should not be waxy. It needs to be cloth. Same stuff that athletic trainers use to wrap joints.

Brett1

Banned
It was a suggestion that someone else had given me, but one of the LT's here said the tape should not be waxy. It needs to be cloth. Same stuff that athletic trainers use to wrap joints.

OCC 196 with their wrapped joints the day before .....

giantjointsec8.jpg

thull

are you guys really worrying about athletic tape and your shoe sizes on a public forum??? is this what it's coming to? :)

bradler

It is what it's coming too. I don't want to get my a$$ chewed right off the bat for having wrong gear.:icon_smil But you are right, no need to sweat it... less then a week now boys and girls. Good luck to you all...

Ground&Pound

Damn straight bradler…I’m trying not to be that candidate that every SI knows by name from day one! And since when is attention to detail a bad thing anyway. To all my fellow 196’ers I sincerely wish each of you the very best of luck.